The key to understanding PoE may be that is it not made for the same players as Diablo 2

"
Crackmonster escreveu:
It is certainly not limited by language. It originates before money came about.

Back then you "traded" something valuable for something else. Expensive minerals for example such as gold which eventually became money.

Before society was as advanced as now, your services or whatever goods you could provide were traded for either goods or services. To become paid for working a job is still a trade, it has just become automatic.

To trade literally means buying or selling goods or services.

You just precisely explained what I meant by limited by language. But yeah, I screwed up my argument from the start. You are completely correct. 'Trade' is clearly all inclusive and I was wrong.
"
Galtrovan escreveu:

No doubt that is probably true. However, in D2, barring high-runes and Tyrael's Might, I can start from scratch, play solo, and in 6 to 8 weeks pretty much "find everything". I got very good at it. My record for "finding everything" is about 5 weeks (of playing like the no-life streamers of today). In PoE, with the current state to the game, finding everything isn't possible solo, not because I don't play enough, but because items are gated behind unaccessible/unsustainable map content.

I think you'd be surprised how close you would come if you no-lifed it for 5-8 weeks. You can certainly do all there is to do in this game in that time period, and while you may not get all the top tier drops you will certainly get a few.
"
Galtrovan escreveu:
However, in D2, barring high-runes and Tyrael's Might, I can start from scratch, play solo, and in 6 to 8 weeks pretty much "find everything".

I question that. I played D2 for years, spent heaps of time on MF runs, and I never found a Windforce or the IK armor. I never botted, though.

But even if that were true, how would be it be fun to have found every unique in two months?
"
Mivo escreveu:
"
Galtrovan escreveu:
However, in D2, barring high-runes and Tyrael's Might, I can start from scratch, play solo, and in 6 to 8 weeks pretty much "find everything".

I question that. I played D2 for years, spent heaps of time on MF runs, and I never found a Windforce or the IK armor. I never botted, though.

But even if that were true, how would be it be fun to have found every unique in two months?

As someone who played you know exactly, then, how well rewarded you were for your game time.

That was the awesome part of the game. Your time was valued and rewarded. Something that is CRUSHINGLY missing from POE.
Última edição por Isbox1 em 24 de jan de 2014 16:17:00
"
Sinnesteuer escreveu:
How many of the D2 nostalgia crew also played the original Diablo on BNet?

There was trading all the way back in that game. The D2 devs very much knew that trading would be a reality in that title. Attempting to argue otherwise, is delusional.

i did , and it was painful.

if you weren't playing with close friends that you knew weren't dick holes , multiplayer was pure hell.

and again just because they knew trading would be part of d2 does not mean they designed it so that trading was the focal point .

arguing otherwise is not delusional, just because a mechanic is in a game does not mean the mechanic was ground on which the game was built around.

by that logic you can argue that the last two dead space games were built around terribly simplistic and often pointless mini games that required Issac to dick around with some wires or switches to open a door.

Rather than a lone dude surviving against nercomorphs .
Última edição por Saltychipmunk em 24 de jan de 2014 16:20:24
Nostalgia goggles confirmed for BiS.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Mivo escreveu:
"
Galtrovan escreveu:

I think the person you're quoting is being very lenient with the idea of "pretty much 'find everything'"

While playing D2 back in the day, I found 2 windforces while my friend found ZERO. I could say I pretty much found everything, but that's an exaggeration. Just sort of feels that way with one of those bows.

But to answer the OP, I find PoE is "pretty much close" to the D2 experience. ;)

well we can safely say it is closer to d2 than the immediate competition is
"
Isbox1 escreveu:
That was the awesome part of the game. Your time was valued and rewarded. Something that is CRUSHINGLY missing from POE.

Yes and no. Trying to find a specific high end item in D2 could be frustrating, too, and turn into an endless grind. Even something more mundane like a SoJ, I found exactly ONE in several years of playing (they were easy to get in trades, but you knew you were getting duped ones). But I agree that you always did get stuff that was at least decent and usable, that is, if you ran Baal in Hell, you didn't get stuff that was dropped by Andy in act 1/normal.

I liked that D2 allowed more targetted farming, at least as far as bosses were concerned. I, however, didn't like that you rarely found anything usable at all by "just playing" the game. All the farming was done with bosses. In PoE, you can find gear everywhere (partly because it's not all about uniques), and I actually think the drop mechanics in PoE are mostly okay. What I think needs improving is the crafting system.
LOL - D2 nostalgia goggles.

Give me a key and I'll play it and document specific loot I get in the time I play with no trading. Let's settle this stupid debate (on your guys' end) once and for all.

Over the course of 10+ years playing D2 - including probably about 5 or more times starting from scratch due to account inactivity - on each occation to return to the game I had complete sets of set items, and top end game uniques. Not best rolled end game uniques, however top end uniques none the less. WITHIN WEEKS IF NOT MONTHS of play.

You guys are on some serious drugs if you think POE is equally rewarding (time vs reward) to D2. Serious serious crack - or just trolling for the sake of the lolz - or just never played D2. It's that simple. No one in their right mind would debate POE vs D2 for loots vs time played.

You guys look like those crazies with signs on the corner of NYC saying the end is coming, the end is coming. I take both the crazies and your arguments about this topic pretty much on equal value.
Última edição por Isbox1 em 24 de jan de 2014 16:51:36

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional