[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Thoughts on picking up Leather and Steel? Having a hard time finding good movespeed boots atm (64, clearing through A3 merc) and that node would help quite a bit, not to mention the extra tankiness would be welcome. Worth the few points it'd take to get there from IR?
My tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A5cEHQSaRRNFSAWbxccGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qTSqNLOktHzGINZI2xTbYNuk64TwFPydBh0V-RZ1G10rITLNN41XGXcZgbWwWbRluqnF5eQN6qoIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYjxi4yPRpBVl4Wa4Jwtna6f36IAplenCKeEtQS18rc-uJPAVMHzznHPZdDQ2CTbC93z4XPkIuvu7DjsVe0g73zwH_JF-ej8S_4K_o8=

My gear
Spoiler

I took the fire damage nodes instead of the damage over time. Is it more efficient to change my tree to the same as Fite's?
"
EcNeRWaLJ escreveu:
My tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A5cEHQSaRRNFSAWbxccGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qTSqNLOktHzGINZI2xTbYNuk64TwFPydBh0V-RZ1G10rITLNN41XGXcZgbWwWbRluqnF5eQN6qoIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYjxi4yPRpBVl4Wa4Jwtna6f36IAplenCKeEtQS18rc-uJPAVMHzznHPZdDQ2CTbC93z4XPkIuvu7DjsVe0g73zwH_JF-ej8S_4K_o8=

My gear
Spoiler

I took the fire damage nodes instead of the damage over time. Is it more efficient to change my tree to the same as Fite's?

Reason he went with the DoT nodes is to fight reflect. He wants the least possible "initial" hit which is where reflect does its damage. If you have a small initial hit and huge burn you take less reflect damage than a large initial hit and huge burn.

In other words, same damage in the end, one uses a few more points to get some more safety. Basically, ask yourself if it's worth spending some extra points for the same amount of damage or if you'd rather play around reflect. Both work but he's a hardcore player and can't afford mistakes. I play softcore and grabbed the fire nodes and put the extra points elsewhere. I just play around reflect.

Oh I killed myself with reflect (and my party) today! Jungle Valley, Vaal Det. Dead on Ele Reflect map in the Boss Room. :DDDD Curser/Tank dies leading to MFer dying leading to Aura-slave dying. Best map ever!
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
EcNeRWaLJ escreveu:
My tree

I prefer the extra fire damage nodes as well. Reflect isn't really an issue if you play smart. You can place desecrate to blow up 1-2 mobs at a time and proliferate the burn to kill everything else on reflect packs/maps. Also the fire nodes double dip the damage, initial hit + ignite.
IGN: Dmillz
he updated his gear build I don't get some of the gem choices he put into his invasion gear should I follow that?
I noticed a difference in the DoT damage from Detonate Dead (DD) vs Flameblast (FB). FB seems to ignite more often than DD and the DoT damage is higher as well.

Does DoT damage scale off of the initial spell damage?

18% of lvl 66 corpse vs lvl 15 gem of FB (550-820)

I have been doing Maveil runs using both method. DD vs FB.

5L Gem Armor, Change to Ignite, Elem Prof, Con Effect, Detonate Dead, Fire Pen
DD method

Toss 3 Desecrate at Marv, curse Flammability (lvl 15), rinse and repeat to dead
DoT damage is slow and takes around 2 minute (1st form + 2nd form)

4L Gem Armor
FB Method, Chance to Ignite, Elem Prof, Fire Pen, Flameblast

Curse Flammabilty, 2-3 Max Flameblast + Dot, around 45 sec (1st form + 2nd form)

My passive tree is 99% same as Fite.

I am confused!!
"
S2K2003 escreveu:
I noticed a difference in the DoT damage from Detonate Dead (DD) vs Flameblast (FB). FB seems to ignite more often than DD and the DoT damage is higher as well.

Does DoT damage scale off of the initial spell damage?

18% of lvl 66 corpse vs lvl 15 gem of FB (550-820)

I have been doing Maveil runs using both method. DD vs FB.

5L Gem Armor, Change to Ignite, Elem Prof, Con Effect, Detonate Dead, Fire Pen
DD method

Toss 3 Desecrate at Marv, curse Flammability (lvl 15), rinse and repeat to dead
DoT damage is slow and takes around 2 minute (1st form + 2nd form)

4L Gem Armor
FB Method, Chance to Ignite, Elem Prof, Fire Pen, Flameblast

Curse Flammabilty, 2-3 Max Flameblast + Dot, around 45 sec (1st form + 2nd form)

My passive tree is 99% same as Fite.

I am confused!!

Yes the DoT is 100% from the initial damage (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite). A fully charged flameblast will probably hit harder then a fast DD cast, but you have to stand still and channel it. Also DD will scale harder as you get desecrate to level 20 and get more fire+elemental damage (% based scaling). Flameblasts base damage is pretty huge though!
IGN: Dmillz
"
S2K2003 escreveu:
FB seems to ignite more often than DD

The quality on FB is Ignite Chance, so that might be it.

And the damage is just way, way higher so the ignite will obviously do more damage, but overall it's probably not nearly as fast as DD (cruising through 78 maps at the same speed as when you started doing 66 maps without any more damage nodes/gear)
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
hallo, Why dont you take Fire damage nodes?
IGN: Javana
whats a super fast way to level gems?

and also im 81 sitting at about 4k life and 1.7k mana I still feel so undergeared and my regen is about 200 I dunno whatelse to do really as I got pretty good gear

Gear

I have carcuss jack siting in my vault just not 5 linked yet
what should I replace im still short about 35 ligtening resists

also im getting hit pretty hard even with aa maybe cause its not lvl 20?
Última edição por kenx em 22 de mar de 2014 08:58:17

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional