[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
JakeAlmighty escreveu:
I'm using tabula as my 6l for now due to the level reqs on higher armors and haven't decided what my final armor will be. I'm leaning towards Carcass Jack atm but there's a few others to consider.

Carcass Jack is an obvious choice. I'm curious if it's possible to make Lightning Coil or Infernal Mantle work. Lightning coil with purity of lightning. Infernal mantle with 2 auras and enough regen to never go on low mana.

"
JakeAlmighty escreveu:
What level do you keep your Clarity on Sunnyray? I know it varies based on your mana pool and regen where you want it to be but every bit of info helps.

Level 11, and I still hear "i have nothing more to give" if I stand still STing lone rare. It encourages more kiting :)

"
mustiii361 escreveu:
How about using barrage for this build?

Edit: Also a wand with good Spell DMG and a Shield. Isnt this better for this Build?

With wand and shield it is not this Build. This build is dual wielding, period.
Última edição por SunnyRay em 18 de mar de 2014 03:54:00
Why didnt you skill on Iron Reflexes?
Because I use evasion with Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics. Isn't it obvious? :)
Also, don't wanna lose dex bonus.
You are free to do it other way with IR.
Última edição por SunnyRay em 18 de mar de 2014 05:29:27
I actually am using something similar, I use the same weapons with a 6link ggggrr. My links are ST-lmp-CoC-EK-added fire-LL and run the hatred aura. The trick to this is added fire and hatred both modify the EK damage so it scales really well. I use a cyclone with CoC and fireball+arc for single target and bosses(might change arc/fireball for IIR and put in an EK i am still playing with that) because against a single target it procs much more often. I found the damage I do with EK to be about equal to what I would do with the fireball/AB(a little less) but is much more group friendly. I am thinking about going VP even post nerf should allow me to ignore reflect and LT when combined with spell dodge, but its something I will have to test later, right now I don't really have an issue with either most of the time right now.
Última edição por Maethorr em 18 de mar de 2014 06:24:52
would wrath screw elemental equilbrium?
Why GMP and not LMP?
U say to help Eramir in Cruel (if you want IAS help Kraityn). So what is better now? I think 8% attack speed is GREAT, but 1 skill point could be usefull too :S. What do you prefer?
I'm looking for some advice... possibly gear related. Overall my crit chance is just feeling sort of unreliable and I was wondering if there's anything that I'm doing totally wrong with my gear at the moment. I'm also just looking for any other tips or advice that stands out with my build/gear/plan.

Spoiler

As far as passives, I'm 76 points in, looking like this.

I absolutely should have started shadow, especially since I'm not taking EE. I took the two regen nodes by the Life/Mana nodes as a temporary substitute for Shaper, I'll eventually drop those for Mana Flows in ranger probably. I need to get the other 5% mana reservation node so that I can cram Grace in eventually (currently running clarity/purity after dropping goldrim for starkonjas and losing a massive res chunk).

As far as crit chance, it seems like it isn't going to get much better until Rat's Nest which is... sort of expensive. I tried a 9% crit dagger which really got things rolling but it seems like the block from ungils is a pretty important part of the defense here. Maybe it would be possible once I get acrobatics. Is From the Shadows a viable node if I'm looking for some more crit to avoid dry streaks (sometimes up to 5 seconds or so)?

Sorry this post rambles so much, I've just sort of developed a lot of questions as I've been working and planning my way through this build.
Última edição por demonguard em 19 de mar de 2014 01:23:40
"
KeY533 escreveu:
would wrath screw elemental equilbrium?
No. Anger and hatred would.

"
Exiled_Wanderer escreveu:
Why GMP and not LMP?
Because 5 projectiles is more than 3 projectiles :)
With GMP each of 5 ST projectiles has a chance to trigger 5 FB and 5 AB for a total of 5*(5+5)=50.
With LMP each of 3 ST projectiles has a chance to trigger 3 FB and 3 AB for a total of 3*(3+3)=18.
LMP is safer against corrupted blood, thorns and reflect and can be considered in HC and in "thorned" areas.

"
Raikudou escreveu:
U say to help Eramir in Cruel (if you want IAS help Kraityn). So what is better now? I think 8% attack speed is GREAT, but 1 skill point could be usefull too :S. What do you prefer?
I would take skill point to have more freedom (respec costs 1 regret, not 20 as with bandits). Also, I think offense and IAS is already great, while getting Dervish or Acrobatics a level earlier can be a lifesaver. It's a close call, though, 8% is more than "normal" IAS node.

"
demonguard escreveu:
I'm looking for some advice... possibly gear related. Overall my crit chance is just feeling sort of unreliable and I was wondering if there's anything that I'm doing totally wrong with my gear at the moment.

Nothing totally wrong, but try getting a ring with Accuracy. Accuracy vs evasion check happens twice: first monster tries to evade a hit, then monster tries to evade a crit. For example, if you have 40% crit and 80% chance to hit, you will crit 40*0.8*0.8=25.6%. With 90% chance to hit it's 40*0.9*0.9=32.4%. For this reason, I would prefer Weathered Hunter over From the Shadows. Also, Pressure Points will add 50% global crit chance, which is much better for dps than dagger crit chance. That said, From the Shadows, Nightstalker and even some 15% crit nodes can be considered as temporary options, as can 9-10% crit dagger. The dagger will make you glass cannon, though, nearly doubling damage taken from attacks. You may also try getting 4th power charge and using ST-LMP-PCoC-IncCritChance as a secondary attack.
Última edição por SunnyRay em 19 de mar de 2014 04:53:58
So far I'm happy with these gear slots (up to lvl57 now) -

Much as you understated the Maligoro's impact I found them a huge upgrade over the Doedre's I leveled on due to the higher crit chance they grant. (the damage is probably close to a wash between the spell dmg and the crit multiplier)

My jewelery and belt are a wip - these slots are pretty expensive right now in Ambush so need to find perfect ones before I'm happy with them.

My debate right now is about the boot I'm wearing -

So far I'm pretty happy with them - the trouble is that low life roll. (and less so, the low fire res roll)
I need to roll them to RRRB to hold the lvl1 CWDT combo (a horrible combination on a pure dex boot as I'm sure you know) so I need to decide for sure whether this boot is good enough or if I should attempt to find a similar one but with a higher life roll. (how much do you feel that low life roll impacts the end game survivability of the build?)

Feedback appreciated. My accessory slots will probably be lower life rolls than yours (higher simply isn't available yet on Ambush) if that impacts the thoughts on the boot. Thanks.

@demonguard - is there any chance of you managing to swindle a Rat's Nest? It was the biggest power surge for me so far. (by a lot) Really makes a huge difference. (even if you have to buy a cheaper one and roll the sockets/links/colors yourself)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional