[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

I came back after a longer break and decided to use this build in the 1msc League. It is certainly fast and doesn't require many items, but I feel a bit to squishy for my liking - but maybe that's due to my inexperience with Torment/Bloodline mods. Great build :)

Gear:

I like Mokou's Embrace and it would go very well with
this ring, but both have only a few useful stats and due to AA I rarely get ignited.

€: After a bit of thinking I changed some things to get more mf because I never had a mf char and I feel like the build is well suited for it. I swapped in a ring and Aurseize; I'm playing selffound only, so I'm still looking for better mf gear =D
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Última edição por Shaileen em 16 de abr de 2015 17:48:23
Hey, just wanted to drop in and post some thanks for this build guide. I was searching for builds to use since I was coming back after a long break of approximately a year or so. I wanted to try to go 4/4 in the 1MSC since I missed the actual full Torment and Bloodlines leagues.

I love doing challenge leagues, though, so the combined one with the 1-month duration was really my cup of tea, even if I didn't jump back in until it was almost over. If I'd have had the full month, I'd have even given 1MHC a go too. I did the 1-week Domination league back at the end of that run of challenge leagues and I think that was some of the most fun I'd ever had in this game, until this 1MSC league!

I'm level 76, at 2/4 and 3 master missions to go to 4/4. Easily attainable before Friday if real life does not interfere.

I spent most of the early game following the recommended build guide, headed towards Ancestral Bond but not taking totem passives. I actually went for the "ring of life" path and hit Sentinel first, since we do aim for that set of totem passives also. I didn't end up switching into Flame Totem until almost level 55. I was using Lightning Tendrils - and because of the generic elemental passives that this build favors instead of direct fire damage until it is deep into the tree, the DPS and utility with Lightning Tendrils was amazing until I could get a good handle on using the flame totems the right way and some XP into all of the proper gems.

I started out using a Tabula that I had drop for me along the way (I've been one lucky SOB this league - more on that later) so my setup for the totems was initially this:
Flame Totem - Faster Casting - LMP (then GMP) - Faster Projectiles - Fire Penetration - Added Chaos Damage

I was running the Purity of Elements, Clarity, Discipline, and Reduced Mana setup as well. I still don't have Eldritch Battery - but Discipline is still useful as the totems gain shield from it, and it's a *tiny* buffer in front of my HP good for one hit from something trashy that gets through the CWDT setup.

I now also have my CWDT setup going, and got that going right as I started mapping and as I went to finish Upper Scepter around level 62 or 63 (I think). I'm using CWDT (1) - IC (3) - EC (5) - MS (7). It's pretty effective.

I don't use artic armor as yet - I was using it earlier, but it's not effective at this stage until I can level it up. Until I hit 80 and can reach EB, I can't level it high enough to be useful yet. Once I get there, if I can fit it back into my build (as in find a socket for it) it will be quite useful and should be able to be perma-run at a level well over 10.

I also just got LW - RD - FC set up on an offhand weapon for mobility, but it's still leveling up and I need to practice using it, since I haven't had it the whole time I've been leveling up. I've relied on 30% move speed boots for GTFO - and it's resulted in some crappy RIPs due to burst damage or being frozen.

Going back to the being extremely lucky part - I made friends with someone last night and they helped me craft an Infernal Mantle to replace my Tabula, and recommended switching out to the following setup:
Flame Totem - Faster Casting - Faster Projectiles - Added Chaos Damage - GMP - Increased Crit Damage

The luck part comes in that we were able to 6S and 6L and recolor the Mantle in less than 50 jewelers, 50 fuse, and 100 chromatic orbs total. He spent over a thousand doing his... one of us should have bought lottery tickets.

He also started using this in a 4L: Ice Spear - Power Charge on Crit - Faster Casting - GMP
It increases his damage by about 2K while he has charges, but I'm not sure if he has passives for extra charges, took the bandit quest for an extra charge, or has other passives that augment crit damage from charges. He's also using Three Dragons, so he's gaining an extra 50% from everything being shocked all the time instead of on fire - that's something I may try once I lock in 4/4. I don't want to spend too much more time experimenting before I finish leveling and getting those last missions done.

Overall, here is what I have on hand at the moment:

With Purity of Elements on, I'm way overcapped on elemental resists and can probably stand to tweak some things. Once I get over level 80, I can swap out the belt and amulet for something more useful, because I can get a touch more DEX from my passive tree and cover all level 20 DEX gem requirements that way. Right now, I'm a bit short. Also, daggers seem to be really nice compared to wands, so the DEX is proving useful for that as well. I'll probably stick to dual dagger unless I get a Rathpith. Saffell's is nice but probably not worth not using a second dagger.

Passive tree as of this moment:

Passive skill tree build

This turned into a GIANT wall, so if you read through it, thanks... I'm open to any feedback you may have... and many thanks again to the original creator of the build and the people who contributed feedback to make it better!
Do we know yet if this build will be 2.0 viable?
Welcome Exiles!

Just wanted to share and get some opinions on my high-end modified Low-Life Magic Find Blood Magic (LL MF BM) variant based of this build.

I decided to try a flame totem MF build after the gods blessed me with the sexy wand below. Very nice , albeit expensive, version is proving to be very stronk. Went BM with Conviction for the extra auras (currently running 8-9 including the 2 heralds) and i must say i like it alot and, needless to say groups love you long time too! It took quite a few passives to get there however....

Obvious benefits of low-life would be mainly pain attunement and the massive MF benefit. Currently at 75IIQ 494IIR with very capped resists and nearly 4kES. Flame Totem tooltip DPS with GMP is 5k!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADH0NfA48EH8RUBRxFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiW8KPoqjSycLR8vbzW5NthEq0ZxRtdJG0uuVa5V1lfJWOVZ81orXIpj_WTnZp5tGW-ecLtxhXKpeuZ713_GgKSCEIKbgseDCYx2j0aPpo_6kyeVIJo7m6GbtZ48oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYrKqxQrQMtzG4k8AawcXB88MTwzrGnspK0f3VptkT2Vvfit-w37_hiOkC6hjquuvu7BjsOOxV7TzxbPMR9tr3MvfX-Ov60vsJ

CURRENT GEAR

I consider legacy Prism Guardian essential to this variant of the build to cancel out the advarius -20%resists and it's ability to let you run 3 60% auras without problems.

Shavs is mandatory i feel otherwise your ES will suffer.

All the rest is pretty standard MF gear.

Any suggestions or advice is always welcome.

"They removed guaranteed chests because they were way too easy to abuse."
That's what she said.

IGN: ConfidentialCI, ConfidentialLA, or DCharger
Última edição por KenBordel em 4 de mai de 2015 13:00:16
Is this build magic find gear viable?
Hello there, OP and fellow totem users.

First - big, big thanks for this awesome and very fun and easy to play build and guide.

And second I have a question, (dunno if the OP still plays PoE, or if he is interested in this thread anymore but I will ask it anyway). What do you (OP) and other users of this build (ofc) think of using dual daggers / dagger + shield? I am leaning towards daggers because I love using whirling blades. It provides so much utility and is so fun to use. Makes the somewhat stationary playstyle of this build much more mobile, + it is rly nice spell when u need to dodge something. My point is can 2 daggers or dagger + shield provide decent enough dps, or I am just sacrificing too much of my dps for the sake of 1 funny to use spell?
Rumor has it that Flametotem is getting nerfed soon. Hopefully this build will still be somewhat viable, since it's so fun!
"
Emporio93 escreveu:
Hello there, OP and fellow totem users.

First - big, big thanks for this awesome and very fun and easy to play build and guide.

And second I have a question, (dunno if the OP still plays PoE, or if he is interested in this thread anymore but I will ask it anyway). What do you (OP) and other users of this build (ofc) think of using dual daggers / dagger + shield? I am leaning towards daggers because I love using whirling blades. It provides so much utility and is so fun to use. Makes the somewhat stationary playstyle of this build much more mobile, + it is rly nice spell when u need to dodge something. My point is can 2 daggers or dagger + shield provide decent enough dps, or I am just sacrificing too much of my dps for the sake of 1 funny to use spell?

use daggers if you decide to go crits which would be a late in merciless at lvl 60-70. with daggers you need to make up for lost projectile speed you likely had on your wands though. probably means taking the faster projectiles gem.

Does anyone have a skill tree mapped out for 2.0? I know I'm going to forget something.
Right... to get the ball rolling...
What do you think about this skill tree at L90?
This is just theorycrafting atm...

Note that given the rewording for Totemic Seal, it may have been nerfed... may be better to go for the Ironwood cluster.
Última edição por Cyzax em 11 de jul de 2015 15:50:05

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional