Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"

I think this whole idea is the hell pox for GGG... They don't get to design their game anymore, once enough people get behind something they pretty much have to give in if they are going to remain consistent.

They really don't have to do anything they don't want to. But the impression I get from you is that no one should ever ask for anything.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker escreveu:
"

I think this whole idea is the hell pox for GGG... They don't get to design their game anymore, once enough people get behind something they pretty much have to give in if they are going to remain consistent.

They really don't have to do anything they don't want to. But the impression I get from you is that no one should ever ask for anything.

I think GGG needs to define their game. (They are the artists I supported with my supporter pack, not the forum mob) they should listen to feedback and suggestions for sure though.

When the players get to petition the devs and demand changes, it can be like the kids in a household getting to decide what’s for dinner every night. It’s going to be candy, cake and ice-cream, and that’s fine for a while... but not good in the long run.

It might seem counter intuitive to some, but it really is good for the game to have these extra dynamics like "loot competition" and items that hold value because they can be traded or shared. It’s not my job to explain why, some people will understand and some never will I suppose.

GGG can do what they want for sure! But once enough people demand something and they can’t come out and actually explain why they won’t do it other than "its important" they will just seem like the stern parents making arbitrary rules. That’s a turn off.. People will just leave, and they DO want your business - it puts them in a very rough spot. Once ideas like this take-off they spread and can become unstoppable... especially after they caved to other demands. Now we KNOW we can make them change anything with enough effort.

I would say that at least there is much more demand for the SFL then for the Cutthroat league (that I don’t really give a shit about myself now because it probably won’t be HC) just keep the pressure on them.
Regardless of the arguments for an against "loot competition", a SFL doesn't change the game for everyone at all, its just an added optional league that's wanted for a variety of reasons. If GGG really won't ever consider doing it then I don't know why they couldn't give an official word on it (like in the manifesto), instead of ignoring it or just saying no.
Standard Forever
Meh, we're not children (most of us, anyway). We've played games, some of us for decades. We've seen winners and losers. This is not at all like parents letting children decide what to eat for dinner. It's about taking some good aspects of games we've enjoyed, and increasing our enjoyment of this game. I for one would like D2 style loot generation. I know it works and gives a rewarding, progressive experience. Barring that, I'll take a SFL that removes the 'must trade' mentality from GGG's design decisions. They may get something I enjoy better, and it's unlikely they'll make something I'll enjoy less.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
I think GGG needs to define their game. (They are the artists I supported with my supporter pack, not the forum mob) they should listen to feedback and suggestions for sure though.

When the players get to petition the devs and demand changes, it can be like the kids in a household getting to decide what’s for dinner every night. It’s going to be candy, cake and ice-cream, and that’s fine for a while... but not good in the long run.

It might seem counter intuitive to some, but it really is good for the game to have these extra dynamics like "loot competition" and items that hold value because they can be traded or shared. It’s not my job to explain why, some people will understand and some never will I suppose.

GGG can do what they want for sure! But once enough people demand something and they can’t come out and actually explain why they won’t do it other than "its important" they will just seem like the stern parents making arbitrary rules. That’s a turn off.. People will just leave, and they DO want your business - it puts them in a very rough spot. Once ideas like this take-off they spread and can become unstoppable... especially after they caved to other demands. Now we KNOW we can make them change anything with enough effort.

I would say that at least there is much more demand for the SFL then for the Cutthroat league (that I don’t really give a shit about myself now because it probably won’t be HC) just keep the pressure on them.

Except for the fact that GGG is the one making the decision, we are merely suggesting it. We are not explicitly demanding it. We all still play the game, we still love what GGG created already. Are we satisfied fully with the game right now? No. Is GGG? No. (A wonderful elaboration is posted in the general discussion section today by Charan. A must read for everyone interested in giving constructive feedback, and also clarifies how hard it is to pick the right word - "satisfaction" is not an entirely good choice.) They want to add more things, and we are giving some suggestions. Your logic "I'm not supporting the forum mob" is really flawed.

Your second paragraph is correct in the way that it nicely states "[it] can be like (...)". Because what we are trying to suggest here is Not like that, but there are plenty of threads suggesting exactly what you're pointing out as globally and long term bad suggestions.

Your third paragraph contains another terrible notion, you directly imply you [know] and we do not [nor ever will]. That's just offensive to all the open minded people participating in this discussion.

GGG has the final word. GGG is not in any way obliged to listen to the players. We have confidence that they are able to weigh the pros and cons, and potentially implement certain suggestions (and this is why we gave them our money!). But if they think (and preferably can elaborate, though they are in a position where they can choose not to) something would be outright negative for the game, we trust they won't implement it. Your comparison to parenting and the notion that GGG is gullible and pliable is just a bad argument.

Your previous post, just like this one, is positive about SFL in a very wrong way which I do not agree with. You are making it look like we are pushing GGG into something they don't want and expect a positive outcome or else we just keep pushing it, eventually breaking GGG and consequently ruining the whole game.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Última edição por VenatorPoE em 23 de abr de 2014 14:31:56
"

The funny thing is there are at least 3-4 anti SFL threads floating around, but none for Cutthroat. I guess those people who don't want a SFL because it will split the leagues, are perfectly fine with Cutthroat league.

Cutthroat takes more resources and developer time than a SFL. Since it's PvP, there are going to be an enormous amount of skill tweaks required to achieve even a semblance of balance. The anti-SFL people have no problem with this either, it would seem.

Also, we are not petitioning for GGG to instantly add a SFL, we merely want them to test one. Even if its just a 1 month race, that would be fine. If the feedback is positive then I think it would be in GGG's best interest to pursue the idea, but the choice is always going to be theirs.

Última edição por Mephasm em 23 de abr de 2014 15:06:20
@VenatorPoE
Spoiler
You should write a novel
Spoiler
Can any of you folks out there who are more technologically accomplished than me suggest a way of determining which IP ranges generally come from which countries or regions? I was hoping to see if there are any trends by geography on the results so far?

Thanks,
P.
"
mrpetrov escreveu:
Can any of you folks out there who are more technologically accomplished than me suggest a way of determining which IP ranges generally come from which countries or regions? I was hoping to see if there are any trends by geography on the results so far?

Thanks,
P.

http://www.iplocation.net/

Lots of helpful information on that link.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
You might try to get this working with your survey monkey data: http://batchgeo.com/features/geolocation-ip-lookup/
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional