Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

SoonTM =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah escreveu:
SoonTM =^[.]^=

Hope so! :)

Thanks Petrov :) (Supported option 1). Now we hope...
See if we have any newcomers...

p.
"
"
glh5 escreveu:

It is statistically relevant for many reasons. Do you think when the poll the support in the presidential elections they do it any different? No. Exactly. Cheers.

So, a poll that has many statistical biases is... statistically relevant. gotchya, let me go take a poll on foxnews.com about who should be president, whoa, there's my statistically foolproof relevant information that Hannity should be King of America, put this in your research papers kids! (i exaggerate, but, comparing gallup polls and other legit polls to this one... gimme some of what ur smokin)

this is the type of poll that a middle school statistics teacher shits on and lights on fire. (i went to school in the hood, ive seen some shit)

"
iamstryker escreveu:

Don't try arguing about it. This could be an in game poll with over ten thousand votes and they would still complain and try to poke holes in it.

the denial is cringe worthy, if this thread was about something I really wanted, I could still separate myself from it and not let my zeal blind me, i hope you can do the same

All polls are snapshots by definition. Otherwise it would not be a poll, it would be a census. Fox News has nothing to do with Mr Petrov so please leave it out of the discussion.
I voted Yes. I want to compete but dont want to trade.

Edit: After reading some of the previous replies, I see people are arguing about increased drop rates again *sigh*. I would just like to state that I do NOT wish to have increased drop rates.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Última edição por CrazylikE em 9 de mai de 2014 12:36:03
"
CrazylikE escreveu:

Edit: After reading some of the previous replies, I see people are arguing about increased drop rates again *sigh*. I would just like to state that I do NOT wish to have increased drop rates.

Then please state why you need a SFL. As you can pla SF already if you dont want increased drop rates, what would a SFL give you that is not already in the game?
"
"
CrazylikE escreveu:

Then please state why you need a SFL. As you can pla SF already if you dont want increased drop rates, what would a SFL give you that is not already in the game?

It's written there, very clearly, but I guess not to all...
"
"
CrazylikE escreveu:

define "increased drop rates".

making Exalts drop more? don't need them. they are "money", not orbs.
making Kaom's Heart and it's BiS "brothers" have a 0.0000001% chance to drop instead of 0.00000000000000000001%, while still being random as fuck? no.
and the same goes for outcomes of socketing and fusing.

no.
what I personally want, is risk/reward.
control over the fate of my own characters. meaning of what I do in the game and my skills as a player.
because quite frankly, I'm fucking sick of constantly rolling million-sided dice.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"

Thanks for asking (again) Dirk!

1. A SFL will stimulate new and renewed interest in playing PoE
I believe that a SFL will attract many new players to PoE and also many retired players back to PoE. I feel strongly that, for very many people, systematised trading (I'm looking at you poe.xyz.is), running maps and grinding from 90-100 eventually becomes a tiresome chore. My conviction is that the introduction of a SFL will see a material net increase in PoE's player base. I believe it makes good business and gaming sense.

2. A SFL preserves the feeling of progress and accomplishment of a new league
For a wizened old player like me, a new league is wonderful. For about a week, maybe a month. After that, the new leagues feel pretty much like the standard league, whereby keeping up with the Jones' requires some combination of time sink, trading and/or RMT. The thought of a SFL, where I am able to continue to compete and compare with the community, but without the drudgery of trading (etc) fills me with great excitement.

3. A SFL encourages players to explore the skill tree
PoE is predominantly about gear. In a SFL, players will have to build around what they find, not what they want to trade for. It will force players to build around their drops. Suddenly people find a decent rare or a mid-tier unique which, in any other league, would rot in their stash or become vendor trash, and they will build around it to develop their own long term progress. This sounds super fun to me.

4. Playing self-found in a normal league is not the same as a SFL
I do not believe playing self found by yourself on a regular league is anything like playing in a SFL. The reason is that the desire to compete and compare in online games and within online communities is central to most players' enjoyment of playing an online game like PoE. It is my belief that playing self found within a trading league is far less rewarding or fulfilling as a game experience than playing in a proper SFL.

5. Fears of splitting the community are not a sound reason not to implement an otherwise good idea
If this is the fundamental fear of a SFL, then it is the wrong reason not to implement one in my view. A SFL league provides a tangibly different gaming experience, in a similar way that HC provides a different gaming experience to SC. Progress is progress - if SFL is a good idea then it will succeed. I believe GGG are vastly underestimating the potential interest in a SFL, particularly from non-PoE players and retired PoE players. Why is it not worth at least testing a SFL?

Petrov.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional