Client-server Action Synchronisation

Edit. Decided to remove whole discussion since I made an assumption on Gateways. in 0.9.3g they added European servers with separate login-servers.

My mistake and apologies.

best
cudez

Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Última edição por Cudez em 12 de abr de 2015 14:49:06
___
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Última edição por Nicholas_Steel em 15 de abr de 2015 00:56:53
"
With the expansion we are adding a Deterministic Lockstep mode to Path of Exile that will have no desync. Bear in mind that this means that when you click you will have to wait for whatever your ping time is before you start to move or do a skill.

This works the same way as you would see in strategy game like Starcraft or a MOBA like Dota.

Because this requires a fairly low latency to feel good we are still supporting the old mode for high ping players, however, we have a lot of improvements there too.

It's not quite finished yet and we are working out the bugs, but I'm optimisitic that we will be able to get it done before the beta starts, or otherwise a week or so into it...

i can't wait to try this deterministic lockstep mode :D
yesterday i die 2 time in an istance just because some mob use high desync rate skill like the charge and the frog jump , now my question is why u continue develop stuff thath increase desync ?? evrytime i see those mob i get hit before i see the animations or i found myself attack on the opposite direction after some second and die..evry time i try to create a dynamic not full block char is the same story ...hope the nex patch fix something .

cya all and ty for the good game :)
"
We are also adding a bunch more servers to new locations in order to reduce latency so expect to see East and West coast of America servers, as well as more locations in Europe like London.

What about the Asia-Pacific Region? or are we still the ugly stepchild?

I am hopeful that the client mode will be improved, tho.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Bjorn_Angannon escreveu:
"
We are also adding a bunch more servers to new locations in order to reduce latency so expect to see East and West coast of America servers, as well as more locations in Europe like London.

Both modes are being improved, with the old method that's been used for years featuring several improvements/over 100 fixes to problems with it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Última edição por Nicholas_Steel em 15 de mai de 2015 20:37:23
"
Bjorn_Angannon escreveu:

GGG expects you to use... Garena....
"
"
Bjorn_Angannon escreveu:

GGG expects you to use... Garena....

not just no, but PHUQ NO!!!!!

I am an english speaker, with many POE friends in AUS, PH, US, and EU. oh i forgot.....I know a few folks in Japan and Korea, to boot.

Why the hell should I use a server and company rife with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, a crappy economy and no friends?????
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

Última edição por Bjorn_Angannon em 10 de mai de 2015 21:32:43
"
Nicholas_Steel escreveu:
"
Bjorn_Angannon escreveu:
"

Both modes are being improved, with the old method that's been used for years featuring several improvements/over 50 fixes to problems with it.

Thank you for the explanation, and that what I wrote didn't correctly convey my feelings......

What I should have said is;

I am hopeful about the client mode improvements.

I couldn't manage to drag my eyes through every page of this thread but what became apparent was that another technical triage of desync is not useful. Whatever the mindless "I don't get a problem lawl" children say, among the upper echelons of racers and league players desync is well understood and lamented.

What GGG need is incentive to fix the ingrained design flaws that cause it, an obviously costly undertaking.

The seemingly large number of paying customers GGG are ignoring in this thread and every other forum aside. Perhaps if they examined abandonment rates for new players, might the economics drive a fix? To a large degree, the impact of this broken design is probably masked by new players simply having a bad experience, walking away and never mentioning why. This should be a trivial metric to derive from data they already have.

[Edit: for less salt]
Beta is much improved already imo.
Última edição por MoneyBallsPlayer em 14 de mai de 2015 18:46:45

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional