GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
lolbam escreveu:
GGG makes every kind of league there is but they cant make a self found league even if only like 10 people want to play it?

oh you necroed, it, yea, trolls gonna troll, eh?

Well, they did it, and no one wanted it. Besides, why make a league for 10 people? They have to maintain it and balance it and everything just like any other, so why go through all that when you can play SF in any other league?

So, quit the trolling and play the damn game.
"

Take your own advice
Standard Forever
"

Since you just started a troll thread about "crafting gambling" yourself, maybe you should follow your own advice? :P

Less foruming, more Wraeclasting.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Última edição por morbo em 8 de jan de 2015 16:46:38
"
terrorist escreveu:
It would probably require a lot of additional work on the developers part, for something that only a few players would ultimately use but an option to play self found upon character creation could be one solution, that doesn't require a playerbase dividing separate league.

The work required I'd imagine would be in making self found players loot distribution all bound to character and that character only being able to use their own bound loot and nothing from their other characters, while sharing the same stash.

This would allow self found and trade players to co-exist and maybe even form a sort of healthy competition, which would be great for the game.

It wouldn't be 100% pure self found as obviously the self found players would still benefit from playing with non self found players but that's never been at the heart of the issue. It has been trade. Benefiting from a non self found player is secondary to being able to trade for anything in the game.

I don't want to get into a philosophical argument because that's all this will turn into but a mere option to create a, "self-found" character with a few careful programming considerations should be sufficient.

But it seems to me like self found players don't really want self found. They just want a huge loot drop buff and I'm against that. Real self found plays by the same rules, without trade.

Obviously drops would have to be increased. Game is predicated on trading. People that don't trade complain about drops, a lot. To their own fault IMO.. they are not playing game as intended. Kinda breaking the rules of economics if you will so it's on them not games fault. Anyway when D3 migrated to BoA drops were massively increased then again then again again to satisfy. Ideal they said is like 100-200 hrs and be GG owning game obviously cant do SF but can easy with trade.
Git R Dun!
"
morbo escreveu:
"

Since you just started a troll thread about "crafting gambling" yourself, maybe you should follow your own advice? :P

Less foruming, more Wraeclasting.

Im playing D2 as we speak, whats your excuse?^^
"
"
lolbam escreveu:
GGG makes every kind of league there is but they cant make a self found league even if only like 10 people want to play it?

Well, they did it, and no one wanted it. Besides, why make a league for 10 people? They have to maintain it and balance it and everything just like any other, so why go through all that when you can play SF in any other league?

all they would have to do is make an offline version of the game... not hard

( not saying they should make it offline )
"
lolbam escreveu:
"
"
lolbam escreveu:

all they would have to do is make an offline version of the game... not hard

( not saying they should make it offline )

And thats how trolls contradict themselves.^^
Since Chris himself claimed all the "work" that went into this pvp patch didn't affect Act 4 at all, I see a SFL needing even less. And for an audience that is obviously larger than the pvp one. I don't ever recall seeing a 140+ page pvp thread asking for pvp ladders/leagues/patches before. But I have seen a LOT asking for a SFL.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
ignarsoll escreveu:
"
Qarl escreveu:
In the existing leagues, there is nothing stopping anyone from playing self-found, and we know many of our players do. We also have players that only engage rarely with other players, trading and partying occasionally.

So, as you can play self found in an existing league, I doubt we need to separate out the leagues.

I mean if this what self found means... this is exactly how i play!! still fun too so i can see the reasoning why there would be no point in a self found league other than for people who rely on trades to improve and do well in the game to MAYBE not do as well as they would with tradeing! either way it would be waste of time to devote a whole league to this when you can already CHOOSE to do this and the upside to the way it is now... IF i get tired of self found or i see a deal on something that would help me i couldn't pass up... i still can!! Limiting what players can and can not do is never good thing!

Al thought i certainly wouldn't mind seeing some long races like a one week that trading is disabled and self found... now that would be interesting! especially to see how people like streamers would do that rely on their viewers for help often!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Última edição por Demonoz em 8 de jan de 2015 20:11:12
Bring on the SFL!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional