Low life offers to great benefits and is unique gated.

"
maqe escreveu:

There is a need for it because lowlife is extremely strong. It needs to be gated behind something and currently the only way to gate players is currency/items. Lowlife is the "carrot on the stick" build. There needs to be overpowered mechanics and builds that are gated behind something so we can work towards that super op item/build. You're comming off as entitled to run a lowlife build.

Personally I don't like handling low life builds like this. I feel like the build was originally conceived as a way to give a lot of DPS at the risk of being a lot easier to kill. I don't like the one unique completely dominates this build and otherwise its really horrible to try to make. I also don't think any one build should be "OP". Builds should be balanced in their own way just as gear is balanced.

Standard Forever
Here's the gear I use:
I ran all the purity auras so had no need for resistances on gear. I was ok in 75 maps. I'm not saying it's gonna beat Atziri, but then again most builds aren't. I was using her to magic find. Chaos never gave me a problem, but melee type monsters did like evangelists. Everything else I killed from a distance using Decoy Totem and Flameblast. The totem lasted just long enough to get a good flameblast off and then I'd immediately recast it. I had to move really slow though and scout with the totem, so most people wouldn't like that playstyle. They want to facetank everything.

Edit: I shouldn't say chaos never gave me a problem. I didn't do some maps like the sewer type ones with chaos bombers and tight windy corridors unless I had some tanks in front of me. But I could do chaos maps.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Última edição por mark1030 em 3 de mai de 2014 00:05:20
i find it a little funny, that you like a challenge, but you are here whining that the challenge is too hard

...and when someone tells you "im doing exactly that" your answer is "i dont believe you"
ign HC: Arnold_Schwarzeneger
ign Nemesis: Svamp_i_fugen
"
i find it a little funny, that you like a challenge, but you are here whining that the challenge is too hard

...and when someone tells you "im doing exactly that" your answer is "i dont believe you"

There is a lot of challenge in avoiding chaos damage and getting one-shot ko, agreed.

Because going of from mark's items that's exactly what he is doing, avoiding chaos damage at all cost given he has a total of 120hp on gear. He could have 400% increased hp and would still not be able to pull of a low-life build in any for of chaos damage.

Not to mention, unless he has passive points specced in chaos resistance nodes he barely makes it to around 20% chaos resistance in merciless....

Here is the differense LazerTechnoBuddha, i already did this challenge. My build is also melee compared to marks ranged build that can simply avoid all forms of danger by putting up a decoy and casting from off-screen.

And my build worked and was "hardcore viable", i don't think the same can be said from marks build given the current set-up.(I can agree if he dropped the MF gear he has a chance to make it hardcore viable i suppose? But then what is the point of his build going low-life?)

Simply put, there is a difference in "saying" something and actually doing it. I played my build, melee, solo and it functioned and worked.

Then GGG added new chaos spike damage, well just give it a go dude. go get 75 chaos resist and look up some new invasion bosses. Then look at the spike damage you get on your hp.

Then make that spike damage 35% of your total hp. Proceed to look how much 100% you would require to be able to "low-life" sustain that damage.

Don't forget that after you did all of that, you still need to incorporate around 150% energy shield in your passive tree to counter other forms of damage, on top of that you need to also incorporate 75% chaos resistance in your gear, life + high value es gear and a way to sustain both your life pool and es pool during combat.

So after you have done all that in the current game-state. Come back to me instead of coming of snarly and pointing a finger at me that i am "whining". This is not a "whine" thread, else i would just link a shavronnes in it to add some cheese to the whine.

This thread is about the underlying mechanic and how it can no longer be utilized in a reasonable fashion in a hardcore setting without shavronnes.

"

I was interested in his build, because i have experience in doing what he claims he is doing.

Simply put, he skipped chaos damage unless he was in a team and he basically utilizes the disbalance between range and melee in his advantage. All good and well, but clearly he lacks experience with chaos spike damage since he avoids it all.

(not to mention his build is clearly a ambush/standard mf character that would never be constructed in hardcore/invasion. And that's not a qq standard vs hardcore comment. That's a legit observation when considering the viability of a build)

Come to think of it, i wonder why you posted LazerTechnoBuddha. Other then waste my and yours time, you didn't contribute anything to this thread other then assumptions, wrong ones at that.

At least Mark is legit in that he offered me his build after i asked him for it.
(thanks for that)

The fact that i don't consider it a low-life viable build is my own point of view and that might differ from marks point of view, i can live with that.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
lets just throw around the word gated everywhere.
"

If i used the wrong terminology to describe what i mean, please let me know.

Other then that? No clue what you mean.

Edit : to clarify, i use the term "gated" because since the introduction of act3x low-life is no longer viable with rare items only.
Última edição por Boem em 3 de mai de 2014 10:41:40
"
Boem escreveu:
"

If i used the wrong terminology to describe what i mean, please let me know.

Other then that? No clue what you mean.

every other post use the word gated, and mostly in a negative way i like the word required as it can be used in a positive or negative manner , i see requirements for getting forward as a positive thing.

but i don't believe it's anything wrong with overpowered builds , then you always have something to push for, and i did see a guy playing with solaris lorica in the lowlife wander build and still made it work.

just my 2 cents though
Última edição por khemintiri em 3 de mai de 2014 10:44:42
Personally i have no issue with "low-life" being gated.

But it should be gated behind top-tier rare's equally as it should be gated behind build enablers like shavronnes and lorica.

Currently this is not the case given recent additions to the game.

a "rare item" variant of the low-life builds is no longer viable in the top-end game in a hardcore setting.

I like the addition of lorica to the game btw, that was a very cool move from GGG. But removing the "rare-item" variant is not something i look forward to in other builds equally.

So i am hoping this is on oversight in synergy's between a low-life build and newly introduced chaos damage forms.

Simply put, if you don't have the "chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield" modifier in your gear set-up, there is no viable way to create a large enough ehp buffer to sustain top-end chaos damage spikes.

So no mater the investment, a rare item variant is no longer viable.

So yeah the gated can be looked upon as a positive feature (something to strive for for players) and i agree this should remain, however this should not mean it is no longer gated behind top-tier rare items.

Simply put, instead of being gated behind two unique's, it should be gated behind two uniques AND top-tier rare's.
listen Boem, i was once a little Bloodknight like you, now im grow up to full Deathknight.
Time to get over your 55%taged mid-life crisis and drop the old bloodbuilds.
There has always been 2kinds of knights, one that used lowlife because of the risk and one that used it because of the reward.
Congratulations, the reward-faction won and got their "1passive for vision" and "1item for cheese", they whined long enough for those two things, now lowlife is where lowlife is and we can´t change it back. Gz@Havoc !!11

Luckily enough im currently working on a lowresistance-build for the risk-guys, albeit its a little bit early in the process and most likely taking another 2years for GGG to understand the parameters needed on supplemental gear but technically it should manufacture a situation where lowlife cant be feeded with candys anymore. All it takes is a lil bit more time for Risk:Reward to adjust. Nothing more Pain-full than taking 600% additional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
listen Boem, i was once a little Bloodknight like you, now im grow up to full Deathknight.
Time to get over your 55%taged mid-life crisis and drop the old bloodbuilds.
There has always been 2kinds of knights, one that used lowlife because of the risk and one that used it because of the reward.
Congratulations, the reward-faction won and got their "1passive for vision" and "1item for cheese", they whined long enough for those two things, now lowlife is where lowlife is and we can´t change it back. Gz@Havoc !!11

Luckily enough im currently working on a lowresistance-build for the risk-guys, albeit its a little bit early in the process and most likely taking another 2years for GGG to understand the parameters needed on supplemental gear but technically it should manufacture a situation where lowlife cant be feeded with candys anymore. All it takes is a lil bit more time for Risk:Reward to adjust. Nothing more Pain-full than taking 600% additional.

Spoiler
QUAK

My crusade is just and for the benefit of the player-base. Have you lost your way old knight?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional