unreal prices for all end game gear

"
Qarl escreveu:

I do have a quick couple of questions for you, as I am fascinated by your post:
  • How much play-time would you expect to put in to get the best available items?
  • What would your play goals be after that point?
  • What other games do you play, and were you looking for a comparable experience?

I'll bite.

to get the BEST available items ? not sure. i don't expect the BEST available items. Just good enough. Obviously if you want to do 78 maps or Atziri, good enough might be really, really good, but probably not the best. how long would i expect to get the best ? never. good enough ? idk, but it took me a year before i saw a bow drop good enough that i thought i could start an archer. i got to level 79 and basically had to go buy another bow. so in a year, the best bow i EVER found, was not good enough. i think that a year to properly develop ONE character is ridiculous. and BTW, i'm by no means finished. so, really my development time for ONE character is over a year. that seems excessive. and yes, i'm trading.

Play goals. Well now, that's the interesting question IMO. Once I have the best, theoretically the content may not be challenging anymore. so now I'm expecting harder encounters, e.g. Atziri, and we have power creep. So my goals after that point might be to just start another toon. remember that if it's taking me a whole year JUST TO PUT TOGETHER THE GEAR, i'm pretty much getting tired of playing that toon anyway. and that doesn't include grinding endless maps to get the character into the mid-90s.

i play D3. I find the fact that i don't have to endlessly grind for GOOD ENOUGH gear, to be quite a nice change of pace. also too, desync. honestly, i like PoE better, but it sure gets on my nerves sometimes. but that's a why a break is good.

the major problem i see here is that there is no way for me to take decent gear i have and to incrementally improve it to keep up with my characters level. it's all or nothing. i find a good bow. it's good enough for 60-something maps. now i get into 70-something maps. it's not good enough. now it's back to RNG, possibly forever, or trading to get something good enough. only good enough is expensive, which means grinding. now i'm back to taking a long time to advance. it gets old. Besides just talking about pure gear stats we'd really have to talk about linking too. 5Ls are not optional in 75+ maps.

it's completely stopped my desire to roll new toons. either i get a drop which is build enabling, or i get enough currency together that i know i can get the build to a high level. only, i'm setting the bar higher and higher because i know i'm going to get into the mid-80s and hit a wall.

I think those are great questions and will maybe help people understand what they want or expect from a game in general.

p.s. i mean really, maybe i'm doing it wrong, but i focused on one character in all of ambush. at the end of 4 months i have a very good toon that has died 3 times, attemtping atziri, BEFORE i could even get to atziri. should it take me 4 months to put together ONE character that can get to atizir ? idk, but that's a long time. maybe i'm doing it wrong...
Anyone who has 200+ exalted orbs in their possession most likely has a few that were bought on RMT sites at some point. The sites are thriving for a reason.
pDPS daggers between 200-224 don't even cost 1ex, and will get you through mid level maps just fine.

You can get a Bino's for ~20ex, which is good for end game maps and Atziri if that's a goal.

Midnights sell for 3 per 2ex - plus you load up on Chaos Recipes, or Alts > Jews > Fuse 40/ex as you farm them. 2-3 weeks of farming for a solid end game weapon I feel is totally in line.

I don't see the problem here - I mean - do people really just wanna roll out of bed and into their end game weapon?

Mirrored weapons, rightfully so, are a whole other thing. You are prolly looking at about a year - but I feel like that's reasonable. I have been playing 8 months and have played on SC since Domination, and if I liquidated some gear I use, I could afford a Mirrored bow - but it's not a goal. I prefer to have a few strong playable characters to one Godly one.

The same thing I see so many people complain about, I just don't see an issue with. Time/Gear Progression seems about right to me.

This game isn't perfect - I don't like how map progression is RNG and I wish there was more content. But for all the complaining I see about costs/ economy related stuff, I just don't get.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Última edição por Asidra em 14 de jul de 2014 14:33:31
Meanwhile AXN has just crafted 2x more #1 Daggers to mirror, mirror fee 100EXA.

He says that he knew a CoC #1 dagger was needed ... I remember one week ago someone trying to craft that dagger around these forums. Coincidence ?

What is the point to craft something if there is the top oligarchy on this game owning everything while every Eternal costs 4 exalted in standard ¿?

It´s clear that the best way to craft something on this game is pulling out your credit card to buy eternals, and don´t say anything publicly cause the watchdogs are ready to byte, they will stole your ideas.

There is no real way to get past 400 exalted in less than 3 weeks or even a month if you are not accumulating tons of shit to sell from the whole year of playing behind.

XD

Whatever dude.
Última edição por chromafunk em 14 de jul de 2014 14:51:36
a couple of notes:

1) can't really accuse anyone with 200+ Exalted Orbs (or equivalent) in stash of RMTing, but one thing is certain: those orbs passed through RMT at some point.
even if a "super rich" guy didn't RMT - he may have gotten them from someone, who got them from someone, who RMTed them.
the impact RMT has on the game is like a Cancer, and we are almost too late by now.
but the "trade lords" don't seem to care about where those orbs come from, or what's the impact on the game - as long as they are "rich".
and GGG don't seem to care, what kind of huge open gate they are leaving for RMT, with that RNG-everywhere economy-is-everything design they did.

2) this is probably the first time I agree with DirkAustin: Carl's post belongs in a separate - official - GGG thread, asking for expectations and feedback from players, both old and new to the game.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Última edição por johnKeys em 14 de jul de 2014 14:59:25
"
Asidra escreveu:

You can get a Bino's for ~20ex, which is good for end game maps and Atziri if that's a goal.

it took me 4 weeks of constant grinding to put together 4ex to get an aegis.

obviously you and i play the game differently.

20 ex ? you're joking right ? no problem- just put together 20 ex and you're set ! what abou the 5L/6L to support that bino's. what about the rings and ammies with crit on them. you are FAR from done once you have the Bino's in your hand.

that would, in fact take me at least 5 months, as my example clearly shows.

assuming, of course, you don't get that lucky valuable drop.

i play, at most, 2 hours a day. 20 ex is A LOT of currency.

Everyone that have played this game for one year or more, knows that you can´t amass any quantity past 300 or 400 exalted on a short period of time just by playing the game, because the drops are mostly shit all the time.

Play for 8 or 12 hours one day during a week and you will see what I mean. You will get almost nothing, or the equivalent to maximum about 10 exalted worth of crap, more or less.

The only way to craft is to play the economy and don´t play the game or just RMT. Invest to later double the investment by mirroring stuff. Otherwise crafting doesn´t exist for you.

Of course it is a bad game design that encourages these practices, and I am starting to thing that it´s made in purpose.

Take in count that I am talking about crafting here, not getting uniques like shavs. That is easy.

Última edição por chromafunk em 14 de jul de 2014 15:07:44
"
johnKeys escreveu:
a couple of notes:

1) can't really accuse anyone with 200+ Exalted Orbs (or equivalent) in stash of RMTing, but one thing is certain: those orbs passed through RMT at some point.
even if a "super rich" guy didn't RMT - he may have gotten them from someone, who got them from someone, who RMTed them.
the impact RMT has on the game is like a Cancer, and we are almost too late by now.

exactly.

"almost too late" ?. lol.

the 4-month leagues are better i think. but i expect them to get worse. especially when you have encounters like atziri. very difficult to put together a character in 4-months that can take her down.

well it is for me.
"
johnKeys escreveu:
a couple of notes:

but the "trade lords" don't seem to care about where those orbs come from, or what's the impact on the game - as long as they are "rich".
and GGG don't seem to care, what kind of huge open gate they are leaving for RMT, with that RNG-everywhere economy-is-everything design they did.

2) this is probably the first time I agree with DirkAustin: Carl's post belongs in a separate - official - GGG thread, asking for expectations and feedback from players, both old and new to the game.

I agree. The prices are stupid but they only can be at this point because there are people that use RMT to get these too expensive items.
So, don't buy expensive items, even if you need only 5 or 6 ex to get it, don't use RMT to do it. Play a bit more and try to buy a similar item. You don't need the best item to do 78 maps or even kill Atziri.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
Loath bane and co is not endgame gear. That stuff is so insane, it makes u roll through anything like hot knife through butter.

I killed atziri and farmed 77/78 maps in ambush with few ex gear. Farmed piety to get enough to buy carcass, than farmed more piety to 5L it. Than invested around 20 chaos in rest of the gear and was done.

Only cuz u dont have the uber gear, doesnt mean, u cant farm endgame.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional