A Cold Crit Witch Guide 2.0 (RE-DONE!) Check it out!

"
Lachis escreveu:
Alright so here we go:

1. Dont get throatseeker, DO get blood thirst. Get crit multi from shadow and arcane potency from templar. The reason is that if you want to use the Increased Critical Damage gem then you don't want to have a lot of crit multi already so it will be much more effective to use. For the same amount of points as throatseeker you can get both bloodthirsts.

2. Get body and soul if you are a hybrid, nullification if you are CI. Hybrids who wear armor gear will benefit hugely from Body and Soul, and the resists are worth it.

3. Armor: I don't think your opinion on armor is the best one. Dmg Reduction does diminish with greater hits, but against the bosses in this game you should never get hit. The things that are going to 1 shot you are chaos dmg, alchemists, explosions, stun locked chargers. You should stack armor regardless because not stacking armor as a non-ci character means that you could get killed by the "white" monsters AS WELL AS the spike dmg. The diminishing return is worth it. Something that is gonna 1 shot you will 1 shot you regardless (as you noted in your guide).

4: Support gems:
LMP is a must. There is a huge argument between this and GMP and which is better for Freezing pulse. GMP is harder to shock stack and if you dont have a big pack of mobs it does less dmg.

Faster Casting - if you have cast speed on gear and in your talent tree don't use this.

Cold pen - Use this if you aren't using faster casting.

Added chaos vs added lightning: You get more flat damage from added chaos. In order to do more dmg with added lightning you need to spec into static blows and have some cast speed.

Life leech vs mana leech - have both of them leveled and switch accordingly

Blood magic - Late game option when you want to maximize auras, must run life leech with this.

Iron will - if you are going a str build this would work

Faster projectiles - useless gem. Get a qual freezing pulse.

I don't like crit dmg or crit chance honestly since you are investing in your talent tree heavily in these areas.

5: I think the sample builds you posted are really squishy. Even in softcore at high levels people might still die and not gain any traction experience wise.

Here is another version of a hybrid build: The damage is slightly less, but the survivability is through the roof. Hybrid

I don't really like CI so I wont post a CI build.

Hopefully this helps some people get a different look :)

Regarding the builds, I simply threw together some very VERY basic builds, more of a guidelines, hoping to get people to move away from the "I MUST FOLLOW THIS BUILD EXACTLY" mentality that plagues a ton of new players while still providing a path so they don't feel lost completely. The way this is done is by making a build that is "squishy", hoping players notice this and decide "I could make this build better by taking x node here and dropping y node there."

I agree with the throat seeker being not too great, but I still believe that one bloodthrist node (NW) is not worth it, once again its all opinion based. I will most likely switch around the builds.

My opinion on armor was rushed, as I had a few moments so I decided to change some things around, I WILL make a section on armor and its pro's and con's if I have time.

Like I said, I will be updating the post when I can, and the support gem section was one of the "higher priorities", however that being said, I doubt I will touch on blood magic and iron will too much, as this is a "newbies guide". Considering this a "newbies guide", I have to work under the assumption that players do not have the funds for quality gems.

EDIT: Also threw your build into "The build" section, under hybrid builds. With acknowledgement of course :P.
IGN-Shibloble

Got some spare time? Come check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shibloble?feature=mhee
Última edição por shibloble em 18 de fev de 2013 02:31:26
Trying to find out what support gems I like most. My mana is awful right now, so I'm keeping that into consideration.

Freezing Pulse
Faster Projectiles(no quality FP yet..)
LMP
Added Lightning(any other good suggestions?)
Increased Critical Strikes(just switched out faster casting since it sucked)

I use Frostbite on everything, would cold penetration still increase my damage enough, or is it not worth using over crits/lightning?
IGN: xBilldozerx
OK Freezing Pulse is your main nuke? In that case support it as follows:

a) Faster Projectiles: no brainer, it almost doubles the effective range. This gem is a MUST-have

b) Cold Penetration > all for boosting the damage of any Cold spell. Unlike abilities that % reduce cold resistance, Penetration is a flat subtraction, and can go below zero. Hence if you have 30% Cold Pen and the target has 10% Cold resist, your normal cold damage is boosted by 20%. That 20% more Cold damage when your cold damage is already super-boosted by your passives > any other extra Damage you could tag on such as 3-60 Lightning. I've tested this and the only other support that can come close in dps terms is Added Cold Damage itself (because it gets boosted by your passives). Furthermore, the more Cold damage you deal, the longer things stay frozen, so diluting or reducing your Cold damage is always bad.

c) LMP , GMP if you want, I dislike them on FP though

Other Contenders
Elemental Proliferation is decent, but works MUCH better on Cold Snap
Increased Critical Chance (flat DPS increase). Good but not as good as Cold Penetration
Life on Hit (though very costly in mana)

As for the curse to use....Frostbite only when you are facerolling / no danger of dying anyway. When things get genuinely dangerous you probably want Enfeeble or Temporal Chains instead.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Última edição por GhostlightX em 18 de fev de 2013 08:59:47
"
GhostlightX escreveu:
OK Freezing Pulse is your main nuke? In that case support it as follows:

a) Faster Projectiles: no brainer, it almost doubles the effective range. This gem is a MUST-have

b) Cold Penetration > all for boosting the damage of any Cold spell. Unlike abilities that % reduce cold resistance, Penetration is a flat subtraction, and can go below zero. Hence if you have 30% Cold Pen and the target has 10% Cold resist, your normal cold damage is boosted by 20%. That 20% more Cold damage when your cold damage is already super-boosted by your passives > any other extra Damage you could tag on such as 3-60 Lightning. I've tested this and the only other support that can come close in dps terms is Added Cold Damage itself (because it gets boosted by your passives). Furthermore, the more Cold damage you deal, the longer things stay frozen, so diluting or reducing your Cold damage is always bad.

c) LMP , GMP if you want, I dislike them on FP though

Other Contenders
Elemental Proliferation is decent, but works MUCH better on Cold Snap
Increased Critical Chance (flat DPS increase). Good but not as good as Cold Penetration
Life on Hit (though very costly in mana)

As for the curse to use....Frostbite only when you are facerolling / no danger of dying anyway. When things get genuinely dangerous you probably want Enfeeble or Temporal Chains instead.

Just an addon here, you know that you can use cold penetration linked with frostbite? that way every cold skill benefits from it (totems etc) without it actually being linked to those skills
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
Are you sure about that? I read elsewhere that curses can only be supported by Increased Area of Effect and Reduced Mana and that no other support could boost them?? If this works it could be interesting. As I said I swapped out of using Frostbite some time back because Enfeeble or Temporal Chains is plain safer, but if Frostbite + Cold Penetration works, then Enfeeble + Cold Penetration should work as well, right? Anyone?
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Última edição por GhostlightX em 18 de fev de 2013 09:40:20
"
GhostlightX escreveu:
Are you sure about that? I read elsewhere that curses can only be supported by Increased Area of Effect and Reduced Mana and that no other support could boost them?? If this works it could be interesting. As I said I swapped out of using Frostbite some time back because Enfeeble or Temporal Chains is plain safer, but if Frostbite + Cold Penetration works, then Enfeeble + Cold Penetration should work as well, right? Anyone?

You are actually right, my bad!

crisis solved.
Bummer.

btw Increased Duration works with curses as well.
"
GhostlightX escreveu:
Bummer.

Wouldn't Hex Master be a better alternative?
IGN: yelz
"
InfamousChris escreveu:
"
GhostlightX escreveu:
Bummer.

imho no, cause you're gonna kill everything within those ~20 secs curse time anyway..

crisis solved.
"
InfamousChris escreveu:
"
GhostlightX escreveu:
Bummer.

I wouldn't suggest using it, I was simply pointing out that I was wrong 2 posts above when I claimed only 2 support gems worked with curses.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional