[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Widgetworks escreveu:
Also, how are you guys stacking Determination and Grace? I have paired both of these with level 17 Reduced Mana gems and end up with 42 mana, but both of my main attacks cost a little over 20 mana each attack.

42 is less mana than I have with level 17 reduced mana. I think I have 56 or something. Maybe a mod on my gear. In any case, it's enough to chain Heavy Strike or Reave with normal 4-link combos. (Not melee splash, you would run out no matter how much mana you have.) Sorry if you already know this, but mana leech item is required with this build. I suggest 2%. The other thing is a mana leech support gem on a 5-link. Quality on mana leech support raises your max mana leech per second which is useful too.
"
Possu81 escreveu:
I have hilarious story from a lvl69 map (Spider Forest) I just ran. I rolled "hard mode" 53% more items +xx Monster attack speed etc and players have no life or mana reg. I would have not done that mode before with any other build but now that was just walk in the park on solo. Just free mode with good percentages.
Funny part was that I put on a party where two people joined. Ok, they were lvl74 and lvl72 whereas I am lvl76 now but I guess they were fine with lvl69 maps. First player was something called four totems build. He met his first common white mobs and retreat after having healthbar a 50%. After that a ST-build came in a we met immediately hard Corrupting Blood rare. I thought he died almost instantly but was able somehow to log out in 1%-10% life.

So it really makes difference if you are able to solo a map like this where some build cannot kill even white mobs.

I am going with your build Sovyn. It's so far something like 95% same as yours but I am going to take a little bit different path. Since I found Aurora's ES-ability so powerful in midgame I definitely want to investigate if that would be way to go. I am now focusing on armor/evasion/es which might be a problem or not. I saw a version of your build with Iron reflexes but I am not sure should I go that way. It would help with Discipline tho a lot!

Good story. :)

Some folks using Aegis take IR, yes. See my FAQ section if you have not already about the reasons we don't take IR. IF someone has Aegis Aurora, it would be the only situation where I would say "maybe" because of the way ES is regenerated by the value of your armour and the fact that you may want to get hit more to regain ES. I'd probably try to get all three defenses though, if it were me. If one can't make it work, then IR is fine as evasion would have to be the one to go in that specific situation. You could get Body and Soul instead of Ondar's then.
Just fast note referring to earlier Stone of Lazhwar vs. others. I didn't use Lazhwar for a while and I noticed how important it is. Other amulets add good things here and there but spell block is insanely good especially with Aegis since fast attacking caster lose almost all their damage (a 50% gets blocked and when blocked I gain ES). In promenade started to get heavy damage after my ES was pretty easily crushed. Would have needed Lazhwar there so much more than 100hp and slight dps boost.

After I'll have 5k health pool I guess I'll try to get some nodes for making auras more efficient.

Reave is very good. I am using that now.
Última edição por Possu81 em 14 de dez de 2013 17:36:07
"
Sovyn escreveu:
"
Widgetworks escreveu:
Also, how are you guys stacking Determination and Grace? I have paired both of these with level 17 Reduced Mana gems and end up with 42 mana, but both of my main attacks cost a little over 20 mana each attack.

42 is less mana than I have with level 17 reduced mana. I think I have 56 or something. Maybe a mod on my gear. In any case, it's enough to chain Heavy Strike or Reave with normal 4-link combos. (Not melee splash, you would run out no matter how much mana you have.) Sorry if you already know this, but mana leech item is required with this build. I suggest 2%. The other thing is a mana leech support gem on a 5-link. Quality on mana leech support raises your max mana leech per second which is useful too.

I've been using double strike + melee splash + reduced mana + melee physical damage for a long time and have been having a lot of success clearing trash with it.

I have that bound to lmb and heavy strike + faster attacks + multistrike + melee physical damage bound to RMB for single attacks.

Has been working out well, but I need mana flasks.
"
Possu81 escreveu:
Just fast note referring to earlier Stone of Lazhwar vs. others. I didn't use Lazhwar for a while and I noticed how important it is. Other amulets add good things here and there but spell block is insanely good especially with Aegis since fast attacking caster lose almost all their damage (a 50% gets blocked and when blocked I gain ES). In promenade started to get heavy damage after my ES was pretty easily crushed. Would have needed Lazhwar there so much more than 100hp and slight dps boost.

After I'll have 5k health pool I guess I'll try to get some nodes for making auras more efficient.

Reave is very good. I am using that now.

Yes, hard to beat Stone of Lazhwar with this build. That's why it's mentioned first in the guide amulet section. Good feedback.

I've been enjoying Reave lately. Glad you are on board with it now. I have been experimenting with it since the day it came out, and, if I had a better sword/claw it would be the obvious choice (for me).
"
Widgetworks escreveu:

I've been using double strike + melee splash + reduced mana + melee physical damage for a long time and have been having a lot of success clearing trash with it.

I have that bound to lmb and heavy strike + faster attacks + multistrike + melee physical damage bound to RMB for single attacks.

Has been working out well, but I need mana flasks.

Splash works, but you will run out of mana. You can replace the reduced mana with a mana leech support, maybe a quality one.

I prefer AOE skills with built in AOE. Reave is a good choice. I posted a lot about it a couple pages ago. I can certainly sustain it non-stop.
Hi Sovyn and fellow lazy pallies,

This build is extremely beginner friendly and item independent. I have been using the same chest plate/helmet/boots since level 68 up to level 86 with no immediate need of actually upgrading. I simply bought up all of my gear for 1 chaos each (except the sword and gold rings), and it works well. Some builds require specific uniques which often cost more than what you can farm before domination league closes down.

Here are my items, comments and suggestions welcome (never mind the gems, I use exclusively Lightning Strike and simply leveling other gems):

One thing of note, this build is fairly dependent on mana leech (from items), which popular mana intensive skills (Lightning Strike, Inferno Blow) converts physical damage to elemental damage, which mana leech from items does not work because it says "Mana leech from physical damage" only. Instead of mana leech rings, I would suggest mana leech gem instead, it works on both physical and elemental damage, I find it much better than say, blood magic gem.

Reave as an alternative to Lightning Strike/Inferno Blow/Splash is very interesting, I will give it a try, unfortunately the gem itself is fairly rare as far as I can tell.

Última edição por Paperwork em 15 de dez de 2013 16:33:20
ops double post
Última edição por Paperwork em 15 de dez de 2013 16:29:38
It's me again :)

It seems that I achieved some kind of short term "goal" in my build just before lvl80. This is first really working character after ripping four beloved (and invested into) toons. Please make me a leak finder if u got extra time.

I can now run Discipline and Determination auras with Tempest Shield. Tempest shield saves me at least one node and brings some extra damage. I could not find another node to save but maybe you can! I kinda got now +2 wasted block node. Instead of tempest shield I could basically run something else. I had a high level enfeeble on that spot which is not bad option either.

Statwise I have armour 7288 (45% reduction). Evasion 1990 (21% chance). ES 1058. Res capped +5cold. -60 chaos :/ Chance to block capped and for spells 47%.

Life 4.8k and dps with reave 6.865.

I got BoR and Aegis Aurora like have mentioned. Aurora is a reason why I did take little bit ES build within. Every time I block, my ES reloads a 291 points. If I had 10k armor, that would be 400. Best part is that when I block spells. That's actually gaining life, not just preventing it.

My biggest worry is now my Evasion which is overran by armor. Having 21% chance to evade is something (and in group def. bigger) but I kinda feel that my big invested Ondar's Guile lacks power. I might be able to invest at least 4 points somewhere else but I don't know is correct. The big question is that should I go to Iron reflexes which raises my armor to about 10k and that way makes my ES recover bigger. On the other hand I feel I would need at least 2k ES instead of 1ES.

In the future I am planning to take a life node to go over 5k health and then just take +Armor/+Evasion nodes (leather and steel one point away). I might also take Body and soul circle since I might not need significantly more health in this point. Also will take some damage nodes here and there if possible.

Can u recommend me better way to do the build? Remember I got two "wasted" block percents as long as I got Tempest Shield. I could just abandon the "southeast" part of skill map and invest all points in northwest close to Holy Strenght and Sovereignity...There is a big fat +18 life node pretty close (Purity of flesh) with chaos res which I lack! I don't need dexterity so much either. What do you think sovyn? That could even be something like 15 points to reallocate somewhere else as a test...

My build

Just in case here is my dear gear which shall not go to softcore ever! Note my three Cast when Damage Taken Gems! We can dicuss about them later but I don't want to make this longer.

Spoiler

Última edição por Possu81 em 15 de dez de 2013 17:04:44
"
Paperwork escreveu:
Hi Sovyn and fellow lazy pallies,

This build is extremely beginner friendly and item independent. I have been using the same chest plate/helmet/boots since level 68 up to level 86 with no immediate need of actually upgrading

Reave as an alternative to Lightning Strike/Inferno Blow/Splash is very interesting, I will give it a try, unfortunately the gem itself is fairly rare as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the update, Paperwork! Looking good.

Reave is fortunately very easy to get for those who wish to try it out. You just make a shadow in your league and kill Hillock then claim your Reave gem as a reward, then place it into your stash. Takes 5 minutes maximum. As with any gem in the endgame, Reave will need to be leveled up before it's good. It starts to work alright at gem level 15 though, which is easy to do.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional