Account Security and Theft Policy - READ THIS

And perhaps for people like me who travel a lot and log in from various IP address we can have a special code? rather than unlock everytime something seems suspicious ?
This is stupid.

We're victims twice :
1) we lost everything, how many hours are gone to ashes ?
2) GGG basically is saying "deal with it"

This is pure incompetence, having a security check is the most important thing if you want your players to enjoy the game without fearing the day their account get hacked.

You SHOULD restore items until you implement your security check, we don't want to be the 100 people who were collateral damage. The impact on the economy is so small it doesn't even make a difference.
I humbly request that you consider an authenticator option for players of your game.
"
Scobitor escreveu:
This is stupid.

We're victims twice :

This is pure incompetence, having a security check is the most important thing if you want your players to enjoy the game without fearing the day their account get hacked.

You SHOULD restore items until you implement your security check, we don't want to be the 100 people who were collateral damage. The impact on the economy is so small it doesn't even make a difference.

I agree with this guy. After losing everything and being told "Sorry; but heres the IP address of the guy in China that ran off with all your shit; have a nice day" I feel like i should be compensated with at least something.
Classic case of people not taking responsibility for their own online security. People think that just because they can spot a Nigerian Prince scam that suddenly they're experts at online security and could never ever be duped.

TLDR of the OP for those wanting their items back:
After extensive analysis of the database records, every account breach that has occurred so far has been solely the fault of the user who knowingly or unknowingly gave their account login information to a third party.

The same basic rules for keeping your online information secure have been around for ages and yet people simply ignore them. Be happy whoever you gave your information to just wanted to your PoE account and not your bank account. Speaking of, you may want to thoroughly wipe your harddrive and change all your passwords.
Forum Sheriff
Dittos for the authenticator.
-
I'd be happy to spend money on one if GGG would supply one, which could also be a source of revenue for the game.
-
I'd also love to have a POE on my keychain next to the authenticator that I use for work.
"
tpapp157 escreveu:
Classic case of people not taking responsibility for their own online security. People think that just because they can spot a Nigerian Prince scam that suddenly they're experts at online security and could never ever be duped.

TLDR of the OP for those wanting their items back:
After extensive analysis of the database records, every account breach that has occurred so far has been solely the fault of the user who knowingly or unknowingly gave their account login information to a third party.

The same basic rules for keeping your online information secure have been around for ages and yet people simply ignore them. Be happy whoever you gave your information to just wanted to your PoE account and not your bank account. Speaking of, you may want to thoroughly wipe your harddrive and change all your passwords.

So basically you're calling every account holder an idiot if their account ever gets compromised? atta boy mods. Not every case of that is at the fault of the user; although you can assume the majority of these are. Not everyone is dense enough to willingly give out information like you're assuming.

On the other hand, i would gladly pay for some type of authenticator to prevent breaches.

-bad links removed-
Última edição por peachii em 8 de fev de 2013 22:13:51
Isn't the PoE log in screen the authenticator? An email and password doesn't suddenly lose its authenticity because a third party snatched it from someone because of poor attitudes or ignorance towards online security. Some people have to learn the hard to way to appreciate this. I would imagine a authenticator would be an enormous task for GGG given they are an independent gaming company without the resources or man power of corporate gaming companies.

Its a free service after all.
"
mistablah escreveu:
"
Scobitor escreveu:
This is stupid.

We're victims twice :

I agree with this guy. After losing everything and being told "Sorry; but heres the IP address of the guy in China that ran off with all your shit; have a nice day" I feel like i should be compensated with at least something.

You shouldn't be compensated with anything, you should go learn how the internet works and don't get keylogged, you big baby.

Sick of you turds always qqing and crying about your accounts getting logged/stolen because of your own dam fault, grow up.

Edit: Also stop blaming other people for your actions.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Última edição por monkuar em 9 de fev de 2013 00:28:10

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional