[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
K1LLTH3N00B escreveu:
just got Raider ascendancy with Scion...not getting Frenzy charges from kills with totems nor am I getting the Onslaught buff with max charges. Sounds like a bug to me.

edit; none of the "when you kill" bonuses work for totems. REALLY ANNOYING

**** that just ruined all my plans, thx for telling!
"
Elua escreveu:
After little testing Siege Ballista on scion and ranger IMO ranger is much better. New ascendency points are insanely strong for ranger.

Ranger is a good choice for Siege Ballista, I personally do not like having to travel to Ancestral bond from the ranger starting position. So that leaves me with using the Iron Commander bow to gain more totems. This leads to a completely different build out come mostly focusing on either physical or physical to lightning. Scion is still completely viable.

"
K1LLTH3N00B escreveu:
just got Raider ascendancy with Scion...not getting Frenzy charges from kills with totems nor am I getting the Onslaught buff with max charges. Sounds like a bug to me.

edit; none of the "when you kill" bonuses work for totems. REALLY ANNOYING

Anything in game that states "when you kill" is basing that statement on the player killing something. This is also the thing with statements like "On Hit" "On stun" etc. Actions from totems do not count as the player who casts said totem. So you're totems will get frenzy charges from kills not you. From my testing Deadeye is really good for ranger based Siege Ballista. Powerful Precision is basicly 100% crit chance node for Siege Ballistas. This is due to Siege Ballistas having 100% pierce chance built into the skill gem. Fast and Deadly is just a large chunk of stats that all increase the effectiveness of Siege Ballistas. Far shot simply will give your totems more damage if you place them on the edge of the screen, don't forget far shot via the ranger is a MORE multiplier. Endless Munitions will give crit based Siege Ballistas, and Siege Ballistas not using resolute technique, +200 accuracy. This will get modified by all the % increased accuracy you get in the passive tree. Don't forget Accuracy is a big DPS boost to crit and not RT builds. The additional Projectile that Endless Munitions adds will also work on Siege Ballistas. +1 arrow from Endless Munitions, +1 arrow on your quiver (in perandus drill necks are easy to get) and the Rain of Splinter jewel will give you 5 arrows without using GMP or LMP. IMO 5 arrows is a nice spot for clear speed. This also opens up another gem slot for your main Siege Ballista set up. Rain of splinters jewel is a subtractive damage modifier while GMP/LMP are Multiplicative. Increased and Reduced are additive, More and Less are multiplicative. This gives more dps all around.

Edit: Update on my experience so far. I originally went with chieftain and deadeye on my Ele SB build. I really like Deadeye mainly for the +1 arrow. The 30% increased damage via farshot is also nice since I tend to offscreen a lot of mobs. Chieftain has felt very underwhelming The 15% chance to ignite on my single target SB totems isn't that great. The 30% increased damage while having a totem is decent. The 2% regen is also nice (a little trick, while in the Lab and jumping over traps make sure you throw a totem down if you're using chieftain as the 2% regen will help if you get hit by a random saw or spike. Anyway I've decided to respec out of chieftain and into Elementalist. 4% reduced elemental damage is added defensive. 5% elemental penetration is great dps boost. 30% increase damage based on golem will give me 30% increased fire damage since I'm using the fire golem. This will still boost my damage.

Anyone doing this build that has a question feel free to send me a PM or in game message at ElementalConversions. I'd be glad to help if I'm able.
Última edição por Eternalgameplayer em 10 de mar de 2016 01:07:23
@Eternalgameplayer Can you post screenshot of your dps siege ballsita tooltip while you standing in hideout with all buffs up plz?
does siege ballista actually scale with attack speed? i tried them with and wthout 3 frenzy charges but there didn't seem to be any difference !_! maybe bug?
"
heishe escreveu:
does siege ballista actually scale with attack speed? i tried them with and wthout 3 frenzy charges but there didn't seem to be any difference !_! maybe bug?

It does. Did you happen to have The Blood Dance boots on to attain the frenzy charges? That cuts the attack speed down. If not then Idk why you didn't feel a difference. I just checked and I am getting a difference in attack speed. I have 4 charges. To be honest though I run frenzy charges for the 4% more damage per charge buff.

"
Elua escreveu:
@Eternalgameplayer Can you post screenshot of your dps siege ballista tooltip while you standing in hideout with all buffs up plz?

Eh, I don't have screenshots of my tooltip dps. I'm pretty against basing a build solely off tooltips and I tend to ignore tooltip dps since I play a lot of builds that don't calculate tooltip correctly.
That being said I'm getting about 36k dps per totem with all buffs. That includes a sulfur flask I run. I'm in PSC so I lean on the DPS side of things vs the survivability. My gear is still pretty lackluster outside of my +1 drill neck. My profile is public and my SB totem character is Ticklethattaint. Feel free to look at her.
Última edição por Eternalgameplayer em 15 de mar de 2016 20:38:33
still using this build in normal,

went with raider and guardian, lots of extra attack speed, and shared charges in party
around 52000 tooltip dps per totem

with anger and wrath aura

very fun to play

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional