[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

i know your tree aiming to be optimised at level 100, however very few people will get there.
As for +1 curse on presence of chayula, it's so rare and expensive i'll assume less than 3 persons will get it this league.

So my question is, is it a good idea to spent one more skill point on the curse nodes, to get 2x +5% curse effectiveness instead of a useless curse cast speed (cf picture).

Assuming we have 20/20 gems and level 4 enhance, are our curses already capped in effectiveness (is there a cap at all ?) or can the nodes be useful ? is the bonus too negligeable to justify 1 more point spent ?

-------------

on a side note, i'm 4 points away of the last jewel slot (10th), is getting the jewel the best dps option we have ? Do we have a better option than 18% damages + 40-45% cd reduction froim the jewel slot ? 4 points is a lot and it's kinda tricky to see how much of a gain an additional harmony jewel is.

Redemption + 2 cast speed nodes (3pts total) doesn't seem very efficient, as spells ignore accuracy, we're only getting a bit of cast speed and 10% movement speed out of 3 skill points.

What do you think of the shield and/or the flask nodes ? (cf picture again)

thanks in advance, i just got my presence of chayula today, i'm ready to kill some endgame bosses ! :)
Última edição por Epsi_ em 18 de dez de 2018 15:52:43
Do most people run necromatic aegis with victaroio's? I saw a few version of the skill tree floating around, some with, some without the keystone. I left it off for now to give myself better survive-ability as DPS isn't an issue at all for t12 maps (where I'm currently progressed to).

Is Zealots oath good to run with consecrated ground? I read into it a bit, feels like regular life regen doesn't help me much as I'm usually on my ES portion and life is much lower. I started using this flask instead, but I don't see anyone else using it so maybe its not useful?

So I've gotten a bunch of currency and I was wondering, asides from Presence of Chayula, are there any more expensive items that is worth looking into?
"
So I've gotten a bunch of currency and I was wondering, asides from Presence of Chayula, are there any more expensive items that is worth looking into?

High ES+HP itens
Empower lvl 4
Skin of The Loyal - Corrupt +1 Gem socket
Presence of Chayula - Corrupt +1 Curse
I must say damage is really low prior to getting first ascendancy point. I feel like just a little bit more focus on minion damage instead of minion life would have made it feel a bit smoother (I followed the leveling trees). I had to skip syndicate fights entirely because they were just too tanky with only 4 link raging spirits and 5 zombies. Riker and Thane popped up right when I was fighting gravicius and of course my minions and spirits ignored the general and I tried fighting the syndicate members stupidly, which was near impossible when thane keeps kicking you in the face, 3 minutes later my minions still haven't killed them and I finally die (none of my zombies did though). I probably should have re-rolled the instance so its on me but still... if I were to level this again I'd prioritize more minion damage rather than minion HP and personal energy shield. Alternatively, link the zombies to minion damage and minion speed as opposed to fortify and minion life as they get plenty regen and hp early in the tree. It's worth noting that I was also using flesh offering and desecrate and it still felt like it was taking a while to kill anything

I know it's just early leveling crap that no one really cares about but still, I got a bit frustrated so I can imagine it being even more so for a newer player. I'll continue leveling this up and see how it goes.
Última edição por PaintTheMap em 19 de dez de 2018 00:52:30
"
PaintTheMap escreveu:
I must say damage is really... ...kill anything

I know it's just early leveling crap that no one really cares about but still, I got a bit frustrated so I can imagine it being even more so for a newer player. I'll continue leveling this up and see how it goes.

Go to your account > Privacy setting > UNmark Hide Caracters tab
More easy to ppl see your char and give some tips.
Última edição por Durish em 19 de dez de 2018 01:05:11
"
Durish escreveu:
"
PaintTheMap escreveu:
I must say damage is really... ...kill anything

As you wish, I've done so. I don't really see it as a gear problem though, I've blasted through the first 3 acts in the past practically naked before, and minion damage on gear isn't much of a thing early on. There's definitely things I can improve on defensively, but damage to my character isn't really a problem at this stage anyways beside the syndicate members, but they would have been dead 20 years ago if I had damage.

Plus a lot of it is just leveling trash that I'm changing nearly every few levels anyways.

PS: Character is JeanLauncherTwoThousand
Última edição por PaintTheMap em 19 de dez de 2018 01:18:20
"
PaintTheMap escreveu:

As you wish, I've done so. I don't really see it as a gear problem though, I've blasted through the first 3 acts in the past practically naked before, and minion damage on gear isn't much of a thing early on. There's definitely things I can improve on defensively, but damage to my character isn't really a problem at this stage anyways beside the syndicate members, but they would have been dead 20 years ago if I had damage.

Plus a lot of it is just leveling trash that I'm changing nearly every few levels anyways.

SRS is known to be an excellent leveling skill, and i had a lot of good memories of it, turns out damages were mediocre when i tried to level my character up this league, even in a +1 4L. So when i saw all those +1 to skeletons on our leveling tree, I swapped SRS to summon skeletons and they melted everything in seconds. You can have up to 8 skeletons, 7 zombies and 4 spectres during your leveling, they all act great as decoys.

I never had a single offense issue once i switched to skeletons but I had a LOT of defense issues until level 70 or so.
The worst part was the early mapping, one shot were frequent even at 4kEHP so i can't stress enough the need to cap your res and especially your chaos res as early as possible. Don't neglect your block chance too, it's super important, buy this rumi's concoction, get good cheap shield for yourself (fuck necrotic aegis), get your 4 link Winter Orb-CwC-Desecrate-Bone offering, and get Phase run + increased duration.

I had very little to change but the difference was night and day as you can read in a previous post of mine (like, 2 pages earlier).

I'm nearly level 90 now, switched to golems long ago and i'm cruising through map at very high speed, if I die it's just me being an idiot, and Syndicate are being erased in the blink of an eye.

During leveling i switched a lot between SRS and skeletons because i couldn't understand why SRS felt so underwhelming, but turns out skeletons were just working far better for me. Vaal Skeletons is an option too.
if you don't want to buy a tabula rasa asap (they are 9c now, it's cheap if you got lucky while leveling!!), you can buy a 4 link wraithlord unique helmet, +2 on your skeleton gem is great but looking at your gear it might be difficult for you to switch goldrim out
Última edição por Epsi_ em 19 de dez de 2018 02:17:50
"
Epsi_ escreveu:
"
PaintTheMap escreveu:

SRS is known to be an excellent leveling skill, and i had a lot of good memories of it, turns out damages were mediocre when i tried to level my character up this league, even in a +1 4L. So when i saw all those +1 to skeletons on our leveling tree, I swapped SRS to summon skeletons and they melted everything in seconds. You can have up to 8 skeletons, 7 zombies and 4 spectres during your leveling, they all act great as decoys.

SRS still feels pretty nice if you're supporting it with damage nodes here and there while leveling. Heck, I was missing around with a necro character last week that I stopped playing, and it still felt really nice to use SRS then. I love their AI a lot (they feel a lot nicer to use than skellies imo), just don't like their other aspects like timed duration and not grabbbing aggro, it's prevented me from ever doing a full on SRS necro.

Also, as soon as I grabbed commander of darkness on this character, which is a pretty massive damage boost to them, things are finally dying again at a reasonable pace. Not saying skellies wouldn't kill things faster, but yeah, you get my point.

I do realize how almost meaningless it is to bring up issues that most players will only experience for a short time, and that's if they even follow the leveling tree, but I just thought it was worth mentioning for any additional insight or if something needs to be tweaked for the newer players that try it.
"
Epsi_ escreveu:

i know your tree aiming to be optimised at level 100, however very few people will get there.
As for +1 curse on presence of chayula, it's so rare and expensive i'll assume less than 3 persons will get it this league.

So my question is, is it a good idea to spent one more skill point on the curse nodes, to get 2x +5% curse effectiveness instead of a useless curse cast speed (cf picture).

Assuming we have 20/20 gems and level 4 enhance, are our curses already capped in effectiveness (is there a cap at all ?) or can the nodes be useful ? is the bonus too negligeable to justify 1 more point spent ?

-------------

on a side note, i'm 4 points away of the last jewel slot (10th), is getting the jewel the best dps option we have ? Do we have a better option than 18% damages + 40-45% cd reduction froim the jewel slot ? 4 points is a lot and it's kinda tricky to see how much of a gain an additional harmony jewel is.

Redemption + 2 cast speed nodes (3pts total) doesn't seem very efficient, as spells ignore accuracy, we're only getting a bit of cast speed and 10% movement speed out of 3 skill points.

What do you think of the shield and/or the flask nodes ? (cf picture again)

thanks in advance, i just got my presence of chayula today, i'm ready to kill some endgame bosses ! :)

Hello :)

Temporal Chains effect can be calculated by checking Temp Chains base % from tooltip and then multiplying it by effectiveness from all sources. For example

For example my lvl 100 char has 51% base effect from tooptip (Gem + all quality on it from itself and Enhance).
51 * 1.30 (0.2 = Skittering Runes, 0.1 from Blasphemy) = -66.3% speed debuff. It's not at it's cap at -75% at the moment but I sacrifice some of Temp Chains effect for better gear options.

I could boost it further by equipping helmet with 20%/30% Temporal Chains effect, +1 Bones of ullr to boost Enhance or taking extra effectiveness from tree.

The higher the curses go, the more the effect is visible but at certain point trash mobs stop being a threat with Temporal Chains. After that It's down to own preference how much wanting to debuff enemies vs having gear options. extra node for point is pretty useful if still wanting to raise the effect.

Skill tree and gear is stacking very high cast speed of Minions, so cooldown reduction is very effective to boost Golems damage. If Golems have more cooldown that cast speed, total DPS suffers. Also if Golems have more cast speed that cooldown, DPS also takes a hit. Harmonies are most tested and best bets to increase damage, but there are other option as rare Abyssal jewels with minion have chance to blind / taunt / hinder. Redemption gives lot of cast speed, which is othervise pretty hard to stack on minions. the 10% movement speed also really shines in map clear speed.

Mind barrier does next to nothing if you have Necromantic Aegis taken and flasks expect Rumi's are average at best when we have 2.5k life to heal with HP flasks. Spells are also mostly elemental damage which build has 75% resistance against with good EHP pool. Problem is physical attacks as we have about 0% armour. The points are pretty situational but mihgt be worth experimenting with.

"
Do most people run necromatic aegis with victaroio's? I saw a few version of the skill tree floating around, some with, some without the keystone. I left it off for now to give myself better survive-ability as DPS isn't an issue at all for t12 maps (where I'm currently progressed to).

Is Zealots oath good to run with consecrated ground? I read into it a bit, feels like regular life regen doesn't help me much as I'm usually on my ES portion and life is much lower. I started using this flask instead, but I don't see anyone else using it so maybe its not useful?

Hey :)

Seems like Necro Aegis vs not is about 50/50 split. Both effects are pretty big and play-style definitive. Charitys boost to clear speed is just so big and it also looks cool with all those charges.

With enough chaos res and life regen, you should be able to regen faster than desecrated ground does chaos damage to you. It's one of the most annoying map mods if you have Zealots Oath taken. Flask is pretty risky as being stationary to get the regen area with 0% armour means usually fast death. The regen is also so low on ES, that it rarely matters.

"

"
High ES+HP itens
Empower lvl 4
Skin of The Loyal - Corrupt +1 Gem socket
Presence of Chayula - Corrupt +1 Curse

Hi :)

Durish's list already has lots of high cost items. There's also chance to craft end-game items yourself. Helmet with minion damage, burning damage and more elemental damage would really boost boss killing speed over Vertex.

"
I must say damage is really low prior to getting first ascendancy point. I feel like just a little bit more focus on minion damage instead of minion life would have made it feel a bit smoother (I followed the leveling trees). I had to skip syndicate fights entirely because they were just too tanky with only 4 link raging spirits and 5 zombies. Riker and Thane popped up right when I was fighting gravicius and of course my minions and spirits ignored the general and I tried fighting the syndicate members stupidly, which was near impossible when thane keeps kicking you in the face, 3 minutes later my minions still haven't killed them and I finally die (none of my zombies did though). I probably should have re-rolled the instance so its on me but still... if I were to level this again I'd prioritize more minion damage rather than minion HP and personal energy shield. Alternatively, link the zombies to minion damage and minion speed as opposed to fortify and minion life as they get plenty regen and hp early in the tree. It's worth noting that I was also using flesh offering and desecrate and it still felt like it was taking a while to kill anything

"

"

"

I never had a single offense issue once i switched to skeletons but I had a LOT of defense issues until level 70 or so.
The worst part was the early mapping, one shot were frequent even at 4kEHP so i can't stress enough the need to cap your res and especially your chaos res as early as possible. Don't neglect your block chance too, it's super important, buy this rumi's concoction, get good cheap shield for yourself (fuck necrotic aegis), get your 4 link Winter Orb-CwC-Desecrate-Bone offering, and get Phase run + increased duration.

I had very little to change but the difference was night and day as you can read in a previous post of mine (like, 2 pages earlier).

I'm nearly level 90 now, switched to golems long ago and i'm cruising through map at very high speed, if I die it's just me being an idiot, and Syndicate are being erased in the blink of an eye.

During leveling i switched a lot between SRS and skeletons because i couldn't understand why SRS felt so underwhelming, but turns out skeletons were just working far better for me. Vaal Skeletons is an option too.
if you don't want to buy a tabula rasa asap (they are 9c now, it's cheap if you got lucky while leveling!!), you can buy a 4 link wraithlord unique helmet, +2 on your skeleton gem is great but looking at your gear it might be difficult for you to switch goldrim out

"
SRS still feels pretty nice if you're supporting it with damage nodes here and there while leveling. Heck, I was missing around with a necro character last week that I stopped playing, and it still felt really nice to use SRS then. I love their AI a lot (they feel a lot nicer to use than skellies imo), just don't like their other aspects like timed duration and not grabbbing aggro, it's prevented me from ever doing a full on SRS necro.

Also, as soon as I grabbed commander of darkness on this character, which is a pretty massive damage boost to them, things are finally dying again at a reasonable pace. Not saying skellies wouldn't kill things faster, but yeah, you get my point.

I do realize how almost meaningless it is to bring up issues that most players will only experience for a short time, and that's if they even follow the leveling tree, but I just thought it was worth mentioning for any additional insight or if something needs to be tweaked for the newer players that try it.

Hello :)

Leveling with minions is not very powerful at early levels and Syndicates can be really powerful with weak minions. Problem is that there are not just many good minion damage nodes early in the skill tree and even first regen point is pretty far away. Most of survival / damage to minions comes from gear, support gems and other skills. If you can find Tabula Rasa early on, even Zombies will be amazing.

It's recommended to go for Spectres as early as possible as they deal huge amount of damage compared to any other minion at that level. Before Specs you can kill almost all content pretty easily with Zombies tanking and SRS dealing the damage.

Syndicates are exception as they can spawn early in acts, so fights will be hard. Easiest way is probably just to skip them early game as they can take some time to kill and give very little reward early on. Maybe after todays Syncidate nerf this will change and killing them while leveling will be easier.

It's good feedback and I'm aware that minions can feel mediocre at early game. However there's very little to do about the matter. GGG really should add 1% regen per sec to "Lord of the dead" as biggest reasons to stop playing minions is that zombies die to every trash pack at early levels with 0% regen. "Grave Intentions" could also have minion damage over useless Chaos resistance.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Última edição por mika2salo em 19 de dez de 2018 05:02:50

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional