ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Xavderion escreveu:
RIP Roseanne. That tweet was... bad.

Yeah, it was overtly racist. I wonder if she wanted to be fired? No one can be that stupid to not get that you would be fired for that.
"
Khoranth escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:
RIP Roseanne. That tweet was... bad.

Yeah, it was overtly racist. I wonder if she wanted to be fired? No one can be that stupid to not get that you would be fired for that.

Maybe she thought there isn't a double standard regarding racism, with anti-white racism being allowed on media. She was wrong.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I dunno, she is on the most popular TV show.
I think someone like Louis Farrakhan would get fired in the same position, for saying blatantly racist stuff.

I think there is a difference between some racist like Sharpton getting a low rating news show on a low rating network, and Rosanne on a main network on the highest rated show
Última edição por Khoranth em 29 de mai de 2018 17:25:49
I don't consider what Rosanne said to be racism at all.

Describing a black woman you don't like, the way she did, is in no way saying "all blacks look like that".

The racism is all made up in the minds of the eternally grieved liberals.

BUT, I will say I think she wanted the show to fail...

People called it right wing etc, but it was really left wing trash.

I stomached half an episode (4th i think) and couldn't watch it again it was like made for people with the IQ of... apes.
"
Khoranth escreveu:
I dunno, she is on the most popular TV show.

and Rosanne on a main network on the highest rated show

What. The.. Fuck...

That show is 'highest rating' really?

That doesn't really speak highly well for what people see as entertainment in the USA. The show is Crap, with the capital 'C' intended. Its doing really badly here in Australia.

-Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
I think comparing a black person to an ape is racist and wrong, but I feel that when the punishment for a single violation, even with an apology, is firing, pulling one's syndicated shows, and being dropped by one's talent agency — not even counting the mass condemnations on social media — I feel that's going too far. We currently are treating people who make racist tweets in poor taste as moral equals to those who have been accused of sexual predation — consider the similarity of Kevin Spacey's fall to that of Roseanne Barr's. Do we really mean to claim, as a society, that a racist in word is the moral equal of a rapist in deed?

I personally would be just fine with Roseanne getting a one-year suspension from ABC and her talent agency and retaining her syndicated work that preceded this controversy; I think such a punishment is more than ample. Instead, she'll probably never work in Hollywood again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
essemoni escreveu:
That show is 'highest rating' really?

That doesn't really speak highly well for what people see as entertainment in the USA..

The quality of broadcast entertainment in general is horrible. If they made milkshakes the flavor choices would be diarrhea or vomit, making anything less revolting "highest rated".
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
I think comparing a black person to an ape is racist and wrong, but I feel that when the punishment for a single violation, even with an apology, is firing, pulling one's syndicated shows, and being dropped by one's talent agency — not even counting the mass condemnations on social media — I feel that's going too far. We currently are treating people who make racist tweets in poor taste as moral equals to those who have been accused of sexual predation — consider the similarity of Kevin Spacey's fall to that of Roseanne Barr's. Do we really mean to claim, as a society, that a racist in word is the moral equal of a rapist in deed?

I personally would be just fine with Roseanne getting a one-year suspension from ABC and her talent agency and retaining her syndicated work that preceded this controversy; I think such a punishment is more than ample. Instead, she'll probably never work in Hollywood again.

I dont disagree with your assessment, but I think the Rosanne punishment was partially due to her show crushing in the ratings.

I mean alot of people in Hollywood had to be pissed off & jealous that a reboot of a 20 year old show was crushing almost all the new garbage they are putting out.

Disney is a bit hypocritical if they don't extend the same punishment to others on their networks who have been involved in making outrageous/offensive statements. But, in the end, private company can do what they want. Roseanne is pretty unhinged on Twitter sometimes, she needs to lay off, can't really expect not to get punished for what she said.

If mods don't want these images displayed because of their hateful content delete them, but they are public statements by someone employed by the same company as Roseanne was and some still are live on Twitter, showcasing why it's odd why they are not both axed.

anything is everything
Última edição por Manocean em 30 de mai de 2018 12:37:36
Wow, that guy really overuses 'nazi'.
He should find a new insult.

I was watching a documentary about Deitrich von Hildebrand today before work, narrated by his wife. Olbermann should be forced to watch it and learn some context.
Última edição por Khoranth em 30 de mai de 2018 12:41:45

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional