[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

"
leafyr0kr escreveu:
"
puffsley escreveu:
"
leafyr0kr escreveu:
My end goal is to get a +2 to duration gem level corruption on Shroud of the Lightless and GG jewels

Why +2 duration over trap?

Fire Trap has the duration tag, and 2 lvl's on a spell gem is huge. It's almost +200 base fire damage on the gem (that gets scaled with all your passive nodes).

Doesn’t it also get +2 with the trap tag? And all the trap supports linked to it too? Or is duration somehow better? Or do you just want both at the same time?
"
puffsley escreveu:
"
leafyr0kr escreveu:
"
puffsley escreveu:

Why +2 duration over trap?

Fire Trap has the duration tag, and 2 lvl's on a spell gem is huge. It's almost +200 base fire damage on the gem (that gets scaled with all your passive nodes).

Doesn’t it also get +2 with the trap tag? And all the trap supports linked to it too? Or is duration somehow better? Or do you just want both at the same time?

It could be the duration tag, or the trap tag, or even the AoE tag, as the most important gem to get levelled up is Fire Trap. If you go with the trap tag, 2 more gem levels on supports (cluster, charged and trap and mine damage) must be less than a 1% upgrade on DPS. You're looking for 23% quality on them, not levels.

Of course, if you manage to get a double corruption with 2 usable + gem level implicits, you're golden.
Seems like a nice and simple build. I'll give it a try.

I have but a single request: could you put up links of the passive skill tree from other sources such as Poe Planner or the Path of Exile Website? I'm sure I won't be the only one to appreciate it.

Best regards
What are your opinions on saboteur instead?
I will say this is by far the most DPS I've had in any build and that's with mostly garbage gear. Since I've never played traps I've died about 10 times so far but now that I'm getting used to the playstyle it's not happening anymore.

For those wondering about leveling there are multiple avenues you can take. I went explosive trap into fire trap and coupled it with self cast arc in a reverberation rod. That carried me all the way into my 50s when I totally switched to traps alone.

My question was if we are going for life on a shield and not taking advantage of onslaught on ahn's heritage why not go lioneye's remorse or rare shield with spell crit?
"
ThorTheGray escreveu:
I will say this is by far the most DPS I've had in any build and that's with mostly garbage gear. Since I've never played traps I've died about 10 times so far but now that I'm getting used to the playstyle it's not happening anymore.

For those wondering about leveling there are multiple avenues you can take. I went explosive trap into fire trap and coupled it with self cast arc in a reverberation rod. That carried me all the way into my 50s when I totally switched to traps alone.

My question was if we are going for life on a shield and not taking advantage of onslaught on ahn's heritage why not go lioneye's remorse or rare shield with spell crit?

That was also one of my questions, as I thought the block chance wasn't going to do much for us. And in the end, it really doesn't. Been using a shield with spell crit/damage, HP and %all resists for safety against -max res and ele weakness maps, dying now only to really stupid shit or impatience.

@topic

Attempted Uber Elder. Corrupted Guardians were a joke, and Uber Elder itself would be a joke, but my PC can't handle it. RIP dreams.

Damage wasn't an issue. On 4 different attempts, I managed to get both Elder and Shaper to 25%, but ran out of portals. Had some trouble dealing with adds and balls and literally all the shit happening at the same time, shitton of screen freezes too.

Going to try again after I get up to lv 94 or so, get right enchants on all equips, a few more GG jewels. Maybe try a Dream Fragments setup to avoid the rippy chill (or actually get Nassar's soul to get a 50% reduced chill pantheon effect). Maybe get an instant Divine Health flask, as the Bubbling one is kinda meh (need the instant health there).

Also change to Yugul on the minor pantheon. Yeah...
Última edição por leafyr0kr em 30 de jun de 2018 18:46:10
Hey mates, I wanna share my progression with this Build/Guide with you too.

About me

Char : Mori_Traps_are_not_gay
I play since Beta, but NEVER! played a Trapper/Miner till this day. It never looked appealing to me, because of the playstyle. I always knew Traps/Mines are excellent Bosskiller because of the insane Damage. Now they even buffed that insane Damage AND so many quality of life changes for the playstyle.
Traps going Meta is cool to see and with this awesome Guide, it took all the research time of me and could jump right into playing. Like I said, I had no Idea about Trapper, never looked at Trap leveling uniques or even any trap mechanics.

Leveling
So the leveling Process is simply insane too. Equip a Brightbeak as early as you can and explode everything you see and run through Bossfights, like they are some blue mobs with a little bit of resist. My only leveling Setup included Goldrim, Wanderlust and a Tabu where I used only a 4 link Setup, so my mana was easy manageable. Later on, even a 6 Link was no problem with a Manaflask. Sacrificial Heart at lvl 32 for more dmg.
Before I could equip Fire Trap I used 2 Lifesprigs and whatever spell I felt like. The early leveling process should be never a problem, especially at the moment, where you can run a fast Incursion if you need some xp. Equip a Spell, link added lightning and maybe added cold dmg to it and you are rdy to go.

The first thing you should rly put an eye out, are your defense stats. you don't have that much defense. But HEY! I'm a Softcore Scrub and who cares if I die to a oneshot while leveling from time to time. I went full overboard on dmg and only took big Life notes till Lvl 60. Trap throwspeed is insanly important to make the gameplay feel good. Try to get those notes combined with dmg 2nd after Lifenotes.

That said, I died twice while leveling.
1. Doedre the Vile in Act 8 (Stood on top of explosions like an idiot with 1k life - one shot]
2. Some random Rare with huge phy dmg and added cold dmg and I had low cold resist and got ya, surprise, got one shotted x)

Level 60-80

Equiped Malachai's Awakening Iron Mask and went ape shit.
I spend like ~15c for rings to get a huge amount of resist and some life. 30% Movespeed boots with some resist and life. Did my Merc Lab at 65 and crushed every map and with Brightbeak, the speed is insane. I started to do some Atziri runs at Lvl 67, insane xp and the Bossfights are non existent. You maybe have to dodge some shit, when the Boss is phased and in an Animation while you explode him/her I did my Uber Lab at Lvl 70. The points are not important, but I wanted to see, can I explode the boss. That poor guy had no chance. (Don't forget, I'm Softcore. In Hardcore don't rush Labs under leveled. We are Evasion based and Enemies hit you a lot more, when they are above you (duuuuh, cpt. obvious)

Level 80 and above

Upgraded Gear around ~ 10 ex Investment (with jewels and everything)

Ofcourse I'm still leveling. My goal is at least 90, maybe 93. After that, the Trapper will only be used as Bosskiller.

I ran every Red map, with no problem. I had some deaths in double extra dmg with minus max maps etc, but those are "I'm Softcore, idc, lets have fun" Maps for me. If you play it save, this build is 100% hc viable but no brain afk facetank. You need to know what you are doing when you playing HC (again, thanks cpt. Obvious)

Endgame

Thats the part where I am right now. I don't have finished every Endboss, but I will try to do so and update this Post.

I wanna share my First kills with you, but let me say my Excuse first. I'm a Softcore Player and I'm far away from Clean in those fights. I don't do them regularly. Most of the time, I play Clearspeed Meta map->map->map->map .. you get what I mean :-P. I had my Bosskiller Chars from time to time, but they were always with HEAVY INVESTMENT. This Build, is just CHEAP compared to what I played before to kill Bosses. That said, have a good time and hopefully this Post could help you to try out this Build and have an amazing time in poe and laugh at boss fights. EXTRA, its no Arc! (Arc is just broken dmg and you can do EVERYTHING with it. Its kinda lame x). (My League starter was a Arc Totem Hiero, ZERO Investment up to T15 ZERO problem)

Clips:
1. Incursion Fire Trapper First Hydra Shaper Guardian
2. Incursion Fire Trapper First Minotaur Shaper Guardian
3. Incursion Fire Trapper First Phoenix Shaper Guardian [Part1/2]
Incursion Fire Trapper First Phoenix Shaper Guardian [Part2/2]
4 Incursion Fire Trapper First Chimera Shaper Guardian

1 Death in the Phoenix Fight
1 Death in the Chimera Fight

Phoneix Death was just bad played of me. Chimera is deff. the hardest of the 4, because of the ads (Chaos Dmg [I have -60% Chaos resist] and high phy Dmg [with basalt kinda tankable but you rly want to evade/dodge those attacks])

To be continued
- Red Elder
- Shaper
- Uber Elder
- Uber Atziri
- ???
- Profit

The End

I wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to Octavian for this Build and especially that you included the Pob Code. So I had to watch your Video once to understand what you are going for and I could easy look up the Details in Pob instead of skipping through your vid over and over and over.. :-*

Thanks for reading <3

"
Moritonel escreveu:
Chimera is deff. the hardest of the 4, because of the ads (Chaos Dmg [I have -60% Chaos resist] and high phy Dmg [with basalt kinda tankable but you rly want to evade/dodge those attacks])

On Chimera, stand on the lower side of the arena, pre-trap one of the mob release areas and walk there to aggro them. Quick, clean kill.

Also, on your video, you died to the magma balls from the fire dogs. They overlap, so you can't stand your ground while it's up, you gotta be always moving.

@topic

HOGM absolutely possible with the build (without using anything but Fire Trap), but HOLY SHIT.
Última edição por leafyr0kr em 1 de jul de 2018 00:23:24
Thanks Moritonel for that great post! That will help m e out tremendously with the leveling process. The video build guide by Octavian is awesome, but I just needed a bit more guidance with the leveling process. I'm more of a casual player and not near as good as other people in this game, so this definitely helps!

I still wonder overall if this is going to be a super expensive build or not? I haven't started this build yet, but I only have about 20 chaos from my initial 1st character in this league....If so, I may just play this build on Standard, just because it seems like a fun build.

One other question, what level did you start using Firetrap?
Última edição por Mentoya em 1 de jul de 2018 11:01:04
I know Arc Traps seam meta, but anyone try both that can provide a comparison before I try Fire? The clear speed looks pretty good in the video although I know it will never be t1 :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional