[3.5] Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Dark Pact - Occultist [3 mil DPS] [7k MoM]

Ah, I didn't realize Dark Pact scales with the amount of sacrificed life, yeah life-based seems like the way to go.

I think a Cinderswallow Urn might be worth looking into as well.

This build looks super fun, definitely giving it a try after I'm finished with my current character!
Última edição por Chazua em 10 de jan de 2019 11:21:31
I love this build!
Please tell me can i play this build with all my money?
Thank you so much!

1 more question: you think asssasin will have much more single target dame,? boss killer for sure!
Última edição por BETTERPC em 11 de jan de 2019 09:23:12
Got my character to tier16 maps and i have to say that it works pretty well. It is still WIP but i am pretty happy with current state. My cahracter is Scion version of your build with few changes. Got a small clip here: https://youtu.be/ty8sV7BE2RI

My problem atm is Crit multi/spell damage and leech rate, but that is going to be fixed with jewels and atziris aquity. Still testing with different potion and gem setups. I am not running skeletons because i am not fan of it. hate to cast them and trying to work out without them. Going to level ur version next when i get this build shorted out.

Noticed i have no abyss jewel atm :D going to add fire damage to spells to get charges for the mastermind flask.
Última edição por Zizzuz em 11 de jan de 2019 09:49:09
"
BETTERPC escreveu:
I love this build!
Thank you so much!

1 more question: you think asssasin will have much more single target dame,? boss killer for sure!

sure you can

i would suggest starting with a wasp nest + lycosidae with a smaller budget

you can start with a 5 link too, ive written down which 5 links are most important.

you can go assassin if you want but trust me, occultist is much better
Última edição por Leysonic em 11 de jan de 2019 22:34:01
"
Zizzuz escreveu:
Got my character to tier16 maps and i have to say that it works pretty well. It is still WIP but i am pretty happy with current state. My cahracter is Scion version of your build with few changes. Got a small clip here: https://youtu.be/ty8sV7BE2RI

My problem atm is Crit multi/spell damage and leech rate, but that is going to be fixed with jewels and atziris aquity. Still testing with different potion and gem setups. I am not running skeletons because i am not fan of it. hate to cast them and trying to work out without them. Going to level ur version next when i get this build shorted out.

Noticed i have no abyss jewel atm :D going to add fire damage to spells to get charges for the mastermind flask.

I too tried to do it with no skeletons but it never really worked out and I kept killing myself at bosses. Acuity could work but its super expensive *cries*.

I think the way the skill was designed was that it forces you to use skeletons if you wanna reach its maximum damage potential.
Última edição por Leysonic em 11 de jan de 2019 22:37:10
"
Chazua escreveu:
Ah, I didn't realize Dark Pact scales with the amount of sacrificed life, yeah life-based seems like the way to go.

This build looks super fun, definitely giving it a try after I'm finished with my current character!

ive never got this flask before and ive seen a few people use it, why do you think this build will benefit form it?
"
Leysonic escreveu:
"
Chazua escreveu:

ive never got this flask before and ive seen a few people use it, why do you think this build will benefit form it?

I must say it is best flask this build can have. You recover 2% mana, 3% life per kill and 2% energyshield. This is like insta leech flask for me in AoE clear. Got one added fire damage jewel to ignite and i get charges for killing monsters so it is like mini pathfinder for it. I HIGHLY recommend it. Get with inc crit or damage taken leachefd as life mod with it.
Última edição por Zizzuz em 12 de jan de 2019 10:04:21
"
Leysonic escreveu:
"
BETTERPC escreveu:
I love this build!
Thank you so much!

sure you can

i would suggest starting with a wasp nest + lycosidae with a smaller budget

you can start with a 5 link too, ive written down which 5 links are most important.

you can go assassin if you want but trust me, occultist is much better

I wouldnt recommend pure assasin. OP is right about that occultist is best way to go for budget and minmaxing. Problem you are gonna face with assasin is that you need addational curse and you are gonna sacriface alot of your defences to get easy crit chance and multi. Occultist provides everything this build needs and with really really cheap price. Scion is another ok option but it is really really expensive to get same stuff that occultist gets ( and i think there is not that many ppl that are testing and playing DP CoC, so i think we are pioners of this build in this league :D ). I need to have - chaos res helmet, addational curse amulet and multi modded claw to even compete with occultist.
Have been messing around with this build for the last week or so.

I'd say overall it feels a bit weaker than other popular CoC builds being played right now (ex: Frostbolt/Ice Nova, or Pathfinder BV/Bladefall, etc) but it's really not too bad, and the damage pops off when you drop the skeletons/wither/vaal RF, can really melt bosses. General mapping is where I found it a bit weaker - like if you just want to hold down Cyclone and spin through the map, not stopping to drop any skeletons/totems, the damage seems mediocre, combined with the fact that you're self-inflicting damage makes it a little less appealing than other CoC choices. That said it's still fun and certainly not a bad build/skill, if you're a Dark Pact and Cast-on-Crit fan this build functions adequately in my opinion, but there are certainly stronger CoC builds that exist on similar budgets.

I did make a few small changes after playing the original build for a bit: Using Carcass Jack instead of Cherrubim's Maleficence

Basically adds the same Area of Effect as an AoE Support Gem, so I dropped the AoE gem for an Added Chaos Damage gem

which nearly doubles tooltip damage and made mapping feel a bit better (basically increased the speed that I kill rare mobs in t15+), and as a small added bonus takes Cyclone tooltip from ~1k to about ~10k, not a major source of damage but still worth minor consideration.

Then using a Warlords Mark curse ring instead of Blasphemy (leaving more unreserved mana for MoM)

also using Blood Rage which when combined with CWDT+Immortal Call and the Soul of Arakaali / Queen of the Great Tangle Pantheon gives you a 50% Life Recovery increase everytime your Immortal Call triggers while Blood Rage is active, which seems to be more than enough (in conjunction with the LGoH on my claw) to survive pretty much anything. Plus Blood Rage granting attack speed makes it easier to hit higher Cyclone CoC breakpoints, so wanted to run it regardless.

Cinderswallow Urn seems pretty nice with this build as well.

Anyway just my 2 cents, I'm almost level 91 with the build so far, will probably continue playing it for awhile (maybe take it to 95 or so) and do some more bossing, attempt Uber Elder, etc.
Última edição por Greymane2k em 13 de jan de 2019 23:27:15
"
Greymane2k escreveu:
Have been messing around with this build for the last week or so.

I'd say overall it feels a bit weaker than other popular CoC builds being played right now (ex: Frostbolt/Ice Nova, or Pathfinder BV/Bladefall, etc) but it's really not too bad, and the damage pops off when you drop the skeletons/wither/vaal RF, can really melt bosses. General mapping is where I found it a bit weaker - like if you just want to hold down Cyclone and spin through the map, not stopping to drop any skeletons/totems, the damage seems mediocre, combined with the fact that you're self-inflicting damage makes it a little less appealing than other CoC choices. That said it's still fun and certainly not a bad build/skill, if you're a Dark Pact and Cast-on-Crit fan this build functions adequately in my opinion, but there are certainly stronger CoC builds that exist on similar budgets.

I did make a few small changes after playing the original build for a bit: Using Carcass Jack instead of Cherrubim's Maleficence

Basically adds the same Area of Effect as an AoE Support Gem, so I dropped the AoE gem for an Added Chaos Damage gem

which nearly doubles tooltip damage and made mapping feel a bit better (basically increased the speed that I kill rare mobs in t15+), and as a small added bonus takes Cyclone tooltip from ~1k to about ~10k, not a major source of damage but still worth minor consideration.

Then using a Warlords Mark curse ring instead of Blasphemy (leaving more unreserved mana for MoM)

also using Blood Rage which when combined with CWDT+Immortal Call and the Soul of Arakaali / Queen of the Great Tangle Pantheon gives you a 50% Life Recovery increase everytime your Immortal Call triggers while Blood Rage is active, which seems to be more than enough (in conjunction with the LGoH on my claw) to survive pretty much anything. Plus Blood Rage granting attack speed makes it easier to hit higher Cyclone CoC breakpoints, so wanted to run it regardless.

Cinderswallow Urn seems pretty nice with this build as well.

Anyway just my 2 cents, I'm almost level 91 with the build so far, will probably continue playing it for awhile (maybe take it to 95 or so) and do some more bossing, attempt Uber Elder, etc.

I'd have to disagree with the mapping part. If you watched my video you see that I don't really hold down cyclone for long that half a second for mobs. I just use whirling blades to get the next pack and a tap of dark pact is enough to kill the whole pack +the rare between them. I've never felt that my clearing needed any help with damage (maybe more attackspeed to WB faster).

However I find that the single target is the main problem with this build where even though the damage is high, if a boss has tonnes of AOE *cough* phoenix *cough* the skeles and totems always get destroyed.

I'm not entirely sure what your gameplay is like but I found it too risky not to use my current chest piece. I certainly noticed sometimes my health would chuck whenever I swapped to another armor whereas cherrubus allowed me to be almost always immune to my own self damage in clearing with DP. However if I were to swap armor, I would chose to use Bloodbond because it gives 30% increased minion life and 25% increased max life.
For the added chaos gem swap I think thats a fair trade but I hope that you still swap back to conc for bosses.
I'll have a look into the blood rage and pantheon stuff but it seems good on paper. Ring is nice too but I'm too poor =(.

P.S. make your profile public so others can have a look at gear

P.S.S I agree that other builds can be more successful on the same budget but I just wanted to see if this concept works. If you want to see a REALLY great coc build you should check out my other build here : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2277479

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional