My Advice To You

"
Urologist escreveu:
Yikes! Personally I eat a ton of carbs and sugar (almost all of it is from high-fiber fruit), but I never eat junk food. I have tried eating a high fat and low carb diet, but both diets seem to work the same for me as long as I'm around the same calorie intake.

I'm not some nutrition expert by any means, but I believe if you just stick to nutrient dense whole foods, your body should naturally guide you on how to eat.

Wow that's weird. I've never heard of a fruit heavy diet. I mean usually people with a sweet tooth would aim for something other than fruit. At the same time if you don't have a sweet tooth, why would you bother eating so much fruit? Wouldn't you go for meat and grains instead?

You sir, are a conundrum to me. Not me mean that it isn't fascinating. A heavy fruit eater. I've never ever heard of that before. I don't think any culture in the world rose up feeding itself primarily on fruit because fruit is so seasonal and perishable and I believe it is generally lacking in protein as well as fat.

I'm not knocking you but I'm genuinely wondering about this approach your on. More power to you though.

What do you normally eat in a week?

@Epic - good for you brotha! Congratulations and keep it up. Are you following a doctor's advice or are you self educated on your weight loss plan? Anyway - I have an athletic build so my excess weight was in the range of about 40 lbs. Now I'm pretty much on point. I didn't lose weight with keto - I probably lost it similiar to how you did. But what I found out about keto is that keto generally encourages your body to become more muscular. Because you gradually reduce the fat while graduaally building muscle. At the moment my pecs and biceps are pretty ripped. There's almost no fat, just muscle. If there were no merits to keto I wouldn't bother briging it up.
Última edição por BearCares em 29 de mar de 2019 21:53:15
"
鬼殺し escreveu:

When will you learn that Brekky is Teflol'n?

Also, cute Onionesque site and is it bad I read that as "bringing it up " = chundering?

"
鬼殺し escreveu:

No, I think that's a perfectly fine inference.

Toot has roughly five thousand more razor-honed teeth in any given article than Onion.

Yes, of course.

Like cheese, satire is best with some bite.

"
Wow that's weird. I've never heard of a fruit heavy diet. I mean usually people with a sweet tooth would aim for something other than fruit. At the same time if you don't have a sweet tooth, why would you bother eating so much fruit? Wouldn't you go for meat and grains instead?

You sir, are a conundrum to me. Not me mean that it isn't fascinating. A heavy fruit eater. I've never ever heard of that before. I don't think any culture in the world rose up feeding itself primarily on fruit because fruit is so seasonal and perishable and I believe it is generally lacking in protein as well as fat.

I'm not knocking you but I'm genuinely wondering about this approach your on. More power to you though.

What do you normally eat in a week?

I actually think I got a sweet tooth! I also get plenty of protein (maybe a little too much). Not sure if this is true, but I think if you eat certain foods enough, your gut bacteria will change to like the new foods, so maybe it's just what I have grown used to. Right now I eat low fat (~10-20% of my calories), high protein (~35% calories), and high carb (the rest of my calories).

For protein I typically eat canned in water fish, boiled chicken, greek yogurt, egg whites, and some other foods that are mostly protein that I can't think of at the top of my head. I find high protein helpful in keeping me full.

As for fat, I'll have ground flaxseed with my greek yogurt or nuts. I sometimes eat eggs and seaweed. Since fat is the most calorie-dense nutrient, I don't enjoy eating it as much because I find the volume of food plays a big part in how I am satiated.

As for fruits, maybe I misled you into how much of it I actually eat. On 3/29, I ate 8 large apples, 4 plums, and 1 large banana throughout the day. I'm not sure if this is more or less than you expected, but I feel like eating this much fruit really makes happy.

I also do a decent amount of exercise, and I find my high carb diet helps me feel energetic.

Última edição por Urologist em 30 de mar de 2019 03:36:49
@Urologist
Ok cool. Let's compare notes here. Remember I'm not knocking your style and I'm not actually a keto-zealot - I'm more of a let's stay informed and eat in a way that's good for us zealot.

Whole foods are good for you of course. So that's great. Actually I love bananas also, but you said something interesting about how gut bacteria and satiation. Honestly, I can eat like 5 eggs in the morning, but I start to feel full if I only eat half of a banana!! So to me, carbs are more filling than fats are in the immediate sense at least. In the long run, however carbs leave me feeling hungry again much sooner.

This is because carbs are turned into sugar faster than the other macronutrients. Therefore something like fruit will cause more of a blood sugar spike which will energize you but then trail off ter abot 4 hours I think. This might be the reason why you seem to be a 'grazer' or a person who continually eats periodically throughout the day. That's good becasue that is actually the most natural way to eat. We evoloved to eat whenever we fucking felt like it and had food available to eat.

However, I have to warn you. Grazing is good as long as you continue to eat whole foods as you are currently doing. If you ever cross over into the dark side and maybe find a candy bar that you can't resist, you're gonna get fat quick if you keep that up lol. Trust me.

It's cool though because we're like Yin and Yang. You eat hi carb lo fat, I eat hi fat lo carb - you eat continually throughout the day, I eat one big meal per day usually. Nut I've tried grazing before and cooking once per day and stopping everything in order to eat only once actually just became a matter of convience as well. Call me lazy.

But yeah you eat more fruit in one day than I usually do in a 2-3 weeks. But I can tell you I got you BEAT in terms of how much broccoli you're eating. lol Ideally I'd eat like 2 whole bags of frozen brccoli per day.

And for an example of what I eat in a day:

I came up with this recipe

Keto Green Bean Pie

So you take virgin olive oil, put it in the pan, then you make a pie crust out of cheddar cheese. Fill it up with green beans and broccoli and eggs. cover it up with cheese. Bake.

Afterwards I might eat cinnomon and creem cheese covered macedemia nuts for dessert.
Última edição por BearCares em 30 de mar de 2019 07:14:40
@BearCares

I completely agree! Honestly I think your diet may be a little healthier because mine probably involves too much fiber. Carbs also leave me feeling hungry again pretty fast, but I just love eating.

Also, thank you for the warning. I used to eat junk food pretty frequently, but I found that the amount of exercise I had to do every day to maintain my weight while eating that kind of food was just not worth it (I stopped when I realized junk food was becoming almost like an obligation I had to fulfill). Since then, I haven't really eaten any junk food since maybe last August when I was on vacation. Now I feel like resisting junk food is pretty easy to do for me.

Also, cool recipe! That sounds really delicious :)
Every time I see urologist name as last post in here it makes me think this thread is legit medical advice for a nanosecond.

I cannot be the only one.
10/10 to both Urologist and erdelyii.

Thank you guys, oh I really had a good laugh, I'm still still laughing!

Edit: Just to express my gratitude to you.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Última edição por Nizhidrhamannit em 31 de mar de 2019 15:57:00
I got one more tip for you and then I'm leaving the thread alone for a while.

Erm, I find that exercising while my food is cooking is an effecient use of time. If you are a busy person who keeps putting off exercise because your tired or can't get to the gym. The next time you put something in the oven or even the microwave, use that counter as your time to get in a work out. I think if you do this most times that you cook some food that you'll be astonished by how much exercise you will be able to do in a week.
"
Nizhidrhamannit escreveu:
10/10 to both Urologist and erdelyii.

Thank you guys, oh I really had a good laugh, I'm still still laughing!

Edit: Just to express my gratitude to you.

Niz, Benny Hill? I call shenanigans.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional