[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Escape_Artist escreveu:
"
Blood_Sail escreveu:
"
jdilly23 escreveu:
Still haven't seen anyone properly discuss this helmet:

Everyone seems to be using Rime Gaze but it seems like this is the superior choice.

Thoughts?

IMO it's terrible. Low ES, only a 25% chance to apply on HIT, BUFFS enemies resistances all for what? To save a Frost Bomb cast which is done automatically on the wand. Pretty sure the increase in resistances is net negative in damage even WITH cold exposure. Also cold exposure does not stack.

Also consider the proc is only on HIT. Which means you need to directly cast Vortex, Cold Snap, or wait for Orb of Storms/Storm Brand to proc it (not your DoT) and even then it's only a 25% chance to activate. Meanwhile they have increased resistances if you are nearby (which you usually are because of Blasphemy or refreshing Vortexes). Pretty sure the helm is only somewhat ok if you are doing both cold and fire damage and at range.

EDIT: Consider with a proper helm you gain: 200 ES, 9% cold res pen up close at all times, influence mods. I think you are better off with Rime Gaze or a properly crafted Hubris Circlet.

I see a lot of people seem to forget that this %increased cold res on that helm works on negatives.
Also, your Frost Bomb is rarely deduffing in fights where the boss moves a lot + the autocasting sequence (cooldown). So if you don't have it on the wand, you can use this helmet and have a 100% cold exposure uptime (+ the gold res mp).
I used this helm until I got the "Cold Exposure on hit" on the wand and started using Prism. Then I swapped for -res Hubris. Otherwise I would have had too low ES.

For DPS it's simply BIS until you get 40% increased Vortex Damage as helmet enchant. Then I think it's still dabatable. Considering the cost of that item it's a complete no brainer. Only switched it out lately because I wanted some more ES and got a helmet with good vortex enchant. I think the fact that POB does not show its advantage is the reason why it's not used often.
Última edição por Gixxpunk em 8 de jan de 2020 03:37:10
hello everbody. I recently rolled a vortex character using the low life guide, slapped on some stuff I could throw together and think it turned out pretty alright. My defenses seem good but my vortex damage seems extremely lacking, is there something really obvious that I'm missing? I've kept comparing my POB to the guide and don't see anything glaring. Please let me know if I'm being a retard, thanks! The character is MetaGaped
Hi,

Why don't we take the node Growth and Decay in the passive tree?
Seems too good to give it a pass

Thanks
zzz
"
lazycalm2 escreveu:
Hi,

Why don't we take the node Growth and Decay in the passive tree?
Seems too good to give it a pass

Thanks

Passive tree has tons of flexibility for this build to suit your needs.

I personally recommend taking it.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Also, what node do you use as an annointment?
zzz
"
lazycalm2 escreveu:
Also, what node do you use as an annointment?

Look on page 14 for a breakdown of some options. Tranquility is pretty much the top pick, but its also the most expensive. Deflection is a pretty low cost defensive alternative.
I was wondering how you would fit aspect of the spider in to this build. Been playing the standard low life set up but I dont have any life or mana left to reserve
"
omarom2498 escreveu:
I was wondering how you would fit aspect of the spider in to this build. Been playing the standard low life set up but I dont have any life or mana left to reserve

The standard issue answer is just careful selection of auras and some reduced mana reservation. I'm running 6 total auras/curses right onw including Spider, and my margins are absurdly small. 160 unreserved mana and 36 unreserved life
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Only possible with prism shield? I'm already at no leftover mana or life with malevolence and clarity on blood magic and temp chains, enfeebled, and disc with mana. I have a crazy 350 es shield with spell block and regular block and t1 resistance so rather not swap that. If thats the case I'll just go a different route.
Feel free to check out my character if you have time. The glove slot is the one w4 with aspect. It's a 180 es glove with cold dot multi and aspect of spider on shaped fingerless gloves. Might sell them if there's no way to fit aspect without dumping the shield.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional