[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
LowBudget780 escreveu:
Just killed Sirus Awakener 8 today deathless, fight was a complete joke with this build along with everything else I've attempted this league. I've also never used blasphemy for curses just flask and cwtd I feel like that prism guardian shield everyone uses isn't really that great in most situations.

Nice! Yeah its a super flexible build overall so the configuration that's most comfortable for you is almost definietly the best way to go. good work
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
TheHeadsmasher escreveu:
ZeroCloud,
Since your character only use one curse, wouldn't it be better to drop Malediction and pick up Vile Basion? Then the amulet can be changed to something else as it doesn't need Stun immunity anymore.

That's a good question. I started to look into this and play out a lot of scenarios in PoB, but I never finished my evaluation because I got lazy and just wanted to play.

The 1500+ ES and 60% chaos resistance from the amulet is huge for me and would be hard to re-balance all my gear to make up for it. If I wanted to go completely glass cannon I could grab a +1 cold skills and +1 intelligence skills onyx amulet and pick up another 10% in damage, but I would get destroyed by all the chaos damage in this league and being closer to 8k ES means I am back in the range of a lot more common 1 shot mechanics. This just wasn't a good balance for me given the nice mix of survivability and DPS that I have achieved. I am sitting at 2.5M shaper DPS (3M if I assume 3 aspect spider stacks and flasks up) with 9.5k ES and a LOT of layered defenses.

Since I am keeping the amulet, even though I'm not currently using a 2nd curse just swapping Malediction for Bastion for me wasn't appealing because I would lose 8% damage for almost no benefit. It would bump my ES regen that I get from Zealot's oath from 2% to 2.2%. I'm ignoring the regen from killing recently because when mapping and killing a lot I am never at risk and losing a lot of ES. When at the bosses there is no recent kill, so there is effectively no benefit.

Bottom line as many others have said is that this build is amazingly flexible. You can go multiple defensive curses, offensive curses, ES regen on block and less curses, and so on. Once you figure out what you want to do with the build (level 100 push, bosses only, mapping/bosses flexiblity) and find where your comfort in the playstyle is, you can tailor the rest to match.
Última edição por ZeroCloud em 24 de jan de 2020 18:54:23
I'm not getting the point of using Enlighten as C/I when I could be running an Empower. Is it just a QoL in case I'm having mana issues? I don't forsee a fourth aura coming into play as C/I
heh it almost double the vortex damage

"
ZeroCloud escreveu:
"
TheHeadsmasher escreveu:
"
ZeroCloud escreveu:
TLDR: Thread of Hope is actually great for this build. I got more than a 25% increase in my Shaper DPS and more layered defense. Overall the key things this enables is the inclusion of Zealotry, Flesh and Stone and the Zealot's Oath keystone.

So Zealot's Oath is only good IF you have Zealotry, correct? As there is no source of life generation, I don't see how selecting Zealot's Oath would do any good.

Actually, most versions of the LL build get 1.9% life regen from the tree going to nodes you already want. 1.4% on the Growth and Decay Wheel, and 0.5% from Resourcefulness.

My main reason to take Zealotry is for the more damage multiplier so the additional consecration ES regen is just a nice extra benefit.

I've tried fitting in Thread of Hope in PoB, but no matter how many ways I slice it, always a net damage loss. The defenses part I can understand, but I'm not really sure how you're getting an increase in damage from the loss of so many cdot nodes. I lose about 200k shaper DPS if I were to take it.

EDIT: Nm, I thought you were just running Zealotry and not Hatred. You give up Temp Chains for Zealotry. I think I prefer Temp Chains over Zealot's Oath but perhaps I'm just used to playing without regen.
Última edição por Blood_Sail em 26 de jan de 2020 03:48:27
Very nice guide, but i dont understand one thing. Why do we take Eldritch Battery in the Lowlife tree? Doesnt that mean our life is not protected anymore?
"
tzzui escreveu:
Very nice guide, but i dont understand one thing. Why do we take Eldritch Battery in the Lowlife tree? Doesnt that mean our life is not protected anymore?

You don't.

People you see using it are doing so for this passive:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Glancing_Blows
Ahh i see. Yeah that stuff doesnt show in PoB or ninja. Ty
"
Blood_Sail escreveu:
I've tried fitting in Thread of Hope in PoB, but no matter how many ways I slice it, always a net damage loss. The defenses part I can understand, but I'm not really sure how you're getting an increase in damage from the loss of so many cdot nodes. I lose about 200k shaper DPS if I were to take it.

EDIT: Nm, I thought you were just running Zealotry and not Hatred. You give up Temp Chains for Zealotry. I think I prefer Temp Chains over Zealot's Oath but perhaps I'm just used to playing without regen.

Yep, the main reason I path over to the left is the additional reduced mana reservation nodes to allow Zealotry on top of everything else (including Hatred).

I liked temp chains at lower levels and a weaker equipment setup. What I realized is that once I got enough skill points from high levels and really good gear, that it just wasn't as useful. When my gear was barely good enough for T16s, those extra defensive items like temp chains and enfeeble were very useful.
@Zero Cloud, why not use a second offensive curse instead of zealotry if you want damage? Frostbite and Elemental Weakness do stack.
Alternatively you should consider using Witchfire brew for the second curse, its at least 20% more damage if you dont have another second curse
Última edição por swaggerino123 em 27 de jan de 2020 03:30:49

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional