[3.9] Self-Cast Ice Nova Necromancer [This build does not work anymore]

I've been playing since some 2012 or something and this is the most fun build I have ever played. More so than Cospri's CoC. I find the survivability better. I did opt for a second curse over Culling. Thanks a bunch. Too much fun.
What would be the best Amulet Anointment? I see you are using Survivalist but I don't need the extra resistances
"
ezarurazvan escreveu:
What would be the best Amulet Anointment? I see you are using Survivalist but I don't need the extra resistances

Heart of Ice if you want DPS.
"
Gr0w escreveu:
"
ezarurazvan escreveu:

Actually, Crusader, which gives you transfiguration of mind, is better for damage.
But I like survivalist. It gives me +2% chance to evade (or 4% chance to evade against non-blinded enemies). You may think 2% is small, but it's not.
I have 86% chance to evade without the anointment and 88% with the anointment. In other words, the chance of being hit changes from 14% to 12%. 12/14 = 0.86, so this is equivalent to 14% less damage taken from attacks. On top of that, you get 8% elemental res, so you can focus on chaos resistance from your gear.

I must tell you that this node is less efficient if you don't have the extra evade chance from the watcher's eye. Your evade chance will become 84% from 82%, so this is equivalent to 11% less attack damage taken. If you don't like it, you can use something else. Crusader for damage, Constitution for life, or Whispers of Doom for an extra curse.
Última edição por N0esy em 16 de jan de 2020 12:37:50
"
Gr0w wrote:
"
ezarurazvan wrote:

Actually, Crusader, which gives you transfiguration of mind, is better for damage.
But I like survivalist. It gives me +2% chance to evade (or 4% chance to evade against non-blinded enemies). You may think 2% is small, but it's not.
I have 86% chance to evade without the anointment and 88% with the anointment. In other words, the chance of being hit changes from 14% to 12%. 12/14 = 0.86, so this is equivalent to 14% less damage taken from attacks. On top of that, you get 8% elemental res, so you can focus on chaos resistance from your gear.

I must tell you that this node is less efficient if you don't have the extra evade chance from the watcher's eye. Your evade chance will become 84% from 82%, so this is equivalent to 11% less attack damage taken. If you don't like it, you can use something else. Crusader for damage, Constitution for life, or Whispers of Doom for an extra curse.

Thanks for the reply, I never knew there were some passives only available from anointments. I also wanted to ask about the body armor links because it's a little bit confusing.

So for this link only the CWDT needs to be lv1 and frostbolt lv11? Is there a problem if I'm going lvl 20/21 on the other gems in the link ?

I never used so many gems in a CWDT link xD
"
ezarurazvan escreveu:
Gr0w wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I never knew there were some passives only available from anointments. I also wanted to ask about the body armor links because it's a little bit confusing.

So for this link only the CWDT needs to be lv1 and frostbolt lv11? Is there a problem if I'm going lvl 20/21 on the other gems in the link ?

I never used so many gems in a CWDT link xD

You MUST level up frostbite. If the gem level of frostbite is too low, it is supported by both CWDT and curse on hit. Skill gems supported by multiple trigger gems are disabled, so it doesn't work at all.
You can level up the support gems, but the benefit of leveling them up is minimal. I stopped leveling them up because I didn't want to increase the dex requirement. The exception is of course curse on hit. you want to level it up as high as possible.
Última edição por N0esy em 16 de jan de 2020 15:05:51
Mate what do you think about Leash of Oblation belt and use all Offerings?
Hi, Thanks for a great build, thinking of upgrading the armour to the one you recommend. Only problem is that 6 linked with all stats you want is like 20ex+. So my question is, can the crafted mod be put on all armours or do I have to be careful and now about prefix/suffix mods? I'm really bad at crafting. Then I can buy a armour around 10ex and craft the mod on it. Thanks in advance.
"
f0nko escreveu:
Mate what do you think about Leash of Oblation belt and use all Offerings?

The unique belt has a lot of downside, so I decided not to use it.

First, it reduces the effectiveness of offering. A character who gain 1800 ES from spirit offering will now gain 1350 ES instead (assuming you have 25% increased effect of offering from the body armour). If the cast speed of ice nova is 6.0, you proc spirit offering every two casts of ice nova, so your ES gain per second is the following.

Without the unique belt: 1800*3 - 600*6 = 1800
With the unique belt: 1350*3 - 600*6 = 450

As you can see, your ES sustain becomes much worse.

Second, you'll consume many more corpses, so your cast speed easily exceed 8.0. If this happens, you can only proc spirit offering every 3 casts of ice nova. Lets say, your cast speed is now 9.0. Your ES gain on hit would be:

1350*3 - 600*9 = -1350.

So, you cannot sustain your ES. Of course, you can stop casting ice nova, but this reduces your QoL a lot.

Third, the unique belt doesn't have elemental or chaos resists. If you use this, capping chaos resist becomes very hard. In this league, chaos resist is important, especially for hybrid life/ES builds.

Finally, if you want to use all the offering, you have to use a lot of gems, like unearth/greater multiple projectiles/greater volley. So you'll have to give up arctic breath/power charge on hit/bonechill/frostbomb. I think your DPS will decrease, even though you gain much more cast speed.

"
kapefyra escreveu:
Hi, Thanks for a great build, thinking of upgrading the armour to the one you recommend. Only problem is that 6 linked with all stats you want is like 20ex+. So my question is, can the crafted mod be put on all armours or do I have to be careful and now about prefix/suffix mods? I'm really bad at crafting. Then I can buy a armour around 10ex and craft the mod on it. Thanks in advance.

You don't have to look for a 6-linked armour. The cost of 6-linking is about 3.5 ex now, if you choose the crafting recipe or fated connections. The crafted mod "gain 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield" is a prefix mod, so look for a body armour with an open prefix. You can also consider buying a 6-mod body chest and use an orb of annulment if it's cheap.
Última edição por N0esy em 17 de jan de 2020 12:17:52
Is there a big different between Gain 9% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield and 10% one ? XD

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional