(Unsupported) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Absolution-Slave Drivers Necromancer

Suggestion for what to choose in regards to the first 2 minion nodes (minion offence & defence mastery)?
Thank you for this guide - I have been enjoying it immensely. I tried it out for the Atlas event and had a blast. I just started in Scourge and I am pushing a bit further - thinking about using this to farm currency and buy 36 challenges this league.

What would you recommend with the gems? Usually I will just level them to 20, pop the recipe to make them level 1 with 20% quality and re-level them. I know that some gem bonuses to quality are not worth it but might be worth noting a section maybe? Additionally, having a second set of X/Y/Z gems leveling in alternate weapons potentially?

Just a thought! I will go buy a 20/20 Spectre now though since that one is mentioned in the build :D.

Thanks again for the guide!
"
NotApsalar escreveu:
Suggestion for what to choose in regards to the first 2 minion nodes (minion offence & defence mastery)?

2% life regen is nice for the first defense.
For the offense, there is nothing that helps early on.
The 8% elemental penetration is best early, I guess.

I did not allocate them early, because I thought other non master nodes are better, early on.

Later, they are stronger.
"
Rononat escreveu:
Thank you for this guide - I have been enjoying it immensely. I tried it out for the Atlas event and had a blast. I just started in Scourge and I am pushing a bit further - thinking about using this to farm currency and buy 36 challenges this league.

What would you recommend with the gems? Usually I will just level them to 20, pop the recipe to make them level 1 with 20% quality and re-level them. I know that some gem bonuses to quality are not worth it but might be worth noting a section maybe? Additionally, having a second set of X/Y/Z gems leveling in alternate weapons potentially?

Just a thought! I will go buy a 20/20 Spectre now though since that one is mentioned in the build :D.

Thanks again for the guide!

What I do, is level almost everything to 20, vendor recipe to 1/20 and relevel.
If its affordable, I buy corrutped 20/20 Spectre and Absolution gems, as it can be a huge dps boost early on. Price dependent.

And yes, having 3 specter and absolution gems in your weapon swap, is good.
When they are 20/20 you can vaal them and pray for 21/20.

For this build quality helps on ALL gems, even the auras, as quality on auras give a bigger radius, which is helpful for keeping minions in range.
Hey Odif, not a new player but this really looks quite interesting. Due to RL time constraints, I'm going to be playing SSF Standard starting next league in the future, so currently with what time is remaining in the league I'm going to start playing SSF Scourge to get ready for this and try and at least get my atlas set up/get some starter currency.

All I really need for now from this build is to be able to do Maven 10 man fights (white,not rare) and a Vaal Temple (so I can immediately have Atlas completion), is this a good choice in your opinion? Not looking to min/max at first or be able to do Maven/A9 for the time being
"
mslee017 escreveu:
Hey Odif, not a new player but this really looks quite interesting. Due to RL time constraints, I'm going to be playing SSF Standard starting next league in the future, so currently with what time is remaining in the league I'm going to start playing SSF Scourge to get ready for this and try and at least get my atlas set up/get some starter currency.

All I really need for now from this build is to be able to do Maven 10 man fights (white,not rare) and a Vaal Temple (so I can immediately have Atlas completion), is this a good choice in your opinion? Not looking to min/max at first or be able to do Maven/A9 for the time being

I have not taken the build that far.
So, its all guesswork.
I think you would have to invest a lot of currency in it to get the dps up for a Maven 10 man, but it would be doable.
You would need to be an expert crafter to do that in SSF.

Doing a Vaal Temple would be easy in comparison. No problems there.

Good Luck.
"
Odif escreveu:
"
mslee017 escreveu:

I have not taken the build that far.
So, its all guesswork.
I think you would have to invest a lot of currency in it to get the dps up for a Maven 10 man, but it would be doable.
You would need to be an expert crafter to do that in SSF.

Doing a Vaal Temple would be easy in comparison. No problems there.

Good Luck.

Awesome, thanks for the reply/guide! I guess that's all I really need, just looking for something to get me going through t16s and Vaal Temple fairly quickly and can worry about the other stuff down the road
Heya Odif, I'm one of those older (both game and age wise lol) players who hasn't tried Absolution, so after doing 4 Char's in SSF HC Scourge I decided for some chill time in SC Scourge :)

Funny stuff FIRST!

My death at lvl 81

T3 Gardens during Scourge

Didn't recognize the red balls on the ground...

therefore not realizing the danger I was in lol

Minions tanking explosions EASILY hehehe

PoB at death: https://pastebin.com/7LX5L1pA

I followed the guide almost to the letter. There were two things I did differently;

1. After fighting Brutus in the prison and watching him quickly destroy my zombies with no way to resummon them leaving me with Holy Flame + Phantasm and my Freezing Pulse, I decided to drop FP and to use a 3 link SRS with Phantasm and Minion Speed. This gave me a ranged option for dangerous bosses/rares as well as just additional DPS with zombies. I did drop holy flame when I got Absolution, but kept SRS setup until Act 5 when I started with the Slave Drivers.

2. At the beginning of the leveling process, after getting the first few notables, I did a straight up bee-line to Death Attunement which put me next to Might and Agility nodes which I knew would be needed until I got closer to maps. I respecced those points once I reached Lani in Oriath town.

This has been quite fun to play and has proven to be quite tanky. I plan on pushing this to see what it can do. At this point, I have no qualms starting with this in 3.17 HC.

Thank you for the work you have done on this build as well as in all your previous efforts to help the newer players out!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Bjorn_Angannon escreveu:
Heya Odif, I'm one of those older (both game and age wise lol) players who hasn't tried Absolution, so after doing 4 Char's in SSF HC Scourge I decided for some chill time in SC Scourge :)

I followed the guide almost to the letter. There were two things I did differently;

1. After fighting Brutus in the prison and watching him quickly destroy my zombies with no way to resummon them leaving me with Holy Flame + Phantasm and my Freezing Pulse, I decided to drop FP and to use a 3 link SRS with Phantasm and Minion Speed. This gave me a ranged option for dangerous bosses/rares as well as just additional DPS with zombies. I did drop holy flame when I got Absolution, but kept SRS setup until Act 5 when I started with the Slave Drivers.

2. At the beginning of the leveling process, after getting the first few notables, I did a straight up bee-line to Death Attunement which put me next to Might and Agility nodes which I knew would be needed until I got closer to maps. I respecced those points once I reached Lani in Oriath town.

This has been quite fun to play and has proven to be quite tanky. I plan on pushing this to see what it can do. At this point, I have no qualms starting with this in 3.17 HC.

Thank you for the work you have done on this build as well as in all your previous efforts to help the newer players out!

I never play HC so I have no idea how viable it is in HC.
Good Luck tho.

In third post of the guide, where i detail my experiences leveling, I think I do mention that Burtus slaughters the zombies, and to just "around the corner" him with the totem. Slow but safe.

And yes, SRS is a prefectly viable alternative to HFT.
I have a mild preference for "single cast then move" skills like HFT, as opposed to "stand still and cast over and over" like SRS. But SRS does more damage.

And as far as alternative skill tree pathing...
I highly encourage experienced players to modify the build as they see fit.
A lot of my choices are deliberately not optimal, but instead done to make it easier for newbies.

Thank you for your feedback.

I dont hate the Idea, but I really do not see the point in adding in dps spectres into this.
If you get the spectres that give your minions frenzy charges (or power charges) and dont get Death attunement, you get a lot of extra passive points and buff your absolution minions by way more damage then the 4 link spectres will ever dish out on their own.

4link spectres will simply die all the time anyway, it really only adds Annoyance.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional