[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
Tarosan escreveu:
Hi!

I somehow cant get all auras running, feels like i checked every box and just can't figure out what is missing.

lvl 4 enlighten - check
sovereignty annoint - check
9% increased reservation efficiency on helmet - check
charisma - check
champion of the cause - check

Helmet auras are at 26.04% mana needed at the moment
I'm lost here, would really appreciate it if anyone could give my brain a little push :(

Hey there!

Can you link the PoB? Will be easier to spot the issue.
"
T1agoGre escreveu:
The Cobalt Jewels that you put in the build, are impossible to find to sell with the 4 ADD that you put, two 4ADD which I can take to facilitate the purchase?

Hey there!

When it comes to jewels, you essentially want any stats that work for your build. In this case, you'd want any %inc Spell Damage, %inc Global Phys, DoT Multi or Phys Dot Multi. There are some mods that are a bit subpar but still positive, such as generic %inc Damage or %inc Damage over Time, you can go with %inc Cast Speed, so that the build feels better. %inc Maximum Life is always nice.

Combine these in a search, and you should fine some combinations of the above mods, something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/9qnW3z8cK
"
pawelos13 escreveu:
"
Tarosan escreveu:
Hi!

I somehow cant get all auras running, feels like i checked every box and just can't figure out what is missing.

lvl 4 enlighten - check
charisma - check

I'm lost here, would really appreciate it if anyone could give my brain a little push :(

Hey there!

I hope i did that right :s
https://pobb.in/jcvCEUYBjtbB

tyvm for the fast answer
"
Tarosan escreveu:
"
pawelos13 escreveu:
"
Tarosan escreveu:
Hi!

lvl 4 enlighten - check
charisma - check

Hey there!

I hope i did that right :s
https://pobb.in/jcvCEUYBjtbB

tyvm for the fast answer

If you check my PoB and the final LL gear, you will see that helmet has 17% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency in total (some amount from Essence of Loathing, some from Eater of Worlds implicit). This is the magic number that lets you reserve all.

Alternatively you can allocate Dynamo (these are mana points near the Iron Will keystone) and then take Mana Mastery for Mana Reservation Efficiency. This will solve it. Upgrading the helmet according to the PoB will let you drop those point later.
Nice build, good for leaguestart. Just seemed a bit boring for me personally so I dropped the game after a10.
Nice build and guide, thank you! I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- How important is Righteous Fire for the build? For me it seems like it requires a lot of resources (max res and life regen on gear and tree) to run it. Is there any alternative to it? Can it be dropped for mapping?

- Are there other (easy) ways to leech other than the gloves implicit?

- Is Replica Dragonfang's Flight with +3 Exsanguinate an upgrade over The Eternal Struggle?

- Is it a bad idea to use Magebane, Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes together in this build?

- Which ascendancy is less important/powerful to have, the Hierophant or the Gladiator? I plan to anoint Disciple of Slaughter (+1 min Frenzy) and swap to Raider ascendancy for some QoL...

Thanks in advance!
"
Fenris1970 escreveu:
Nice build and guide, thank you! I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- How important is Righteous Fire for the build? For me it seems like it requires a lot of resources (max res and life regen on gear and tree) to run it. Is there any alternative to it? Can it be dropped for mapping?

- Are there other (easy) ways to leech other than the gloves implicit?

- Is Replica Dragonfang's Flight with +3 Exsanguinate an upgrade over The Eternal Struggle?

- Is it a bad idea to use Magebane, Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes together in this build?

- Which ascendancy is less important/powerful to have, the Hierophant or the Gladiator? I plan to anoint Disciple of Slaughter (+1 min Frenzy) and swap to Raider ascendancy for some QoL...

Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

I'm glad you like the build!

To address your questions:

- Righteous Fire grants a buff with up to 39% more Spell Damage on level 20. This buff scales the DoT from Exsanguinate or Reap, because they both have a line that reads "modifiers to spell damage apply to this skill's DoT component". It is a massive boost to single-target, but it is not mandatory on maps.

- The issue with getting leech here is - it is a physical spell. Most leech sources are based on attack damage, not spell damage. Therefore, you need generic physical damage leeched as life. There are a few sources of this:
1. Eater of Worlds implicits on gloves.
2. Doryani's Invitation unique Heavy Belt, physical edition.
3. Delve-only prefixes on rings.
There are probably more, but these came to mind right away.

- Funnily enough, Replica Dragonfang's may actually not be an upgrade. The thing is - spells scale really well with gem levels, up to level 30. Then, the scaling slows substantially. Therefore, Replica Dragonfang's is on par with Eternal Struggle when you are not using Empower Support and is weaker when you are using one. On the other hand, it helps with Resistances and Reservation Efficiency, so there's certainly a choice to be made there.

- Yes, you may go this route and forego evasion altogether. Be aware abut a few things though:
1. You'd still want to take Armour/Evasion hybrid bases to have access to Spell Suppression suffixes.
2. I'd advise a bit of investment to Attack Block in that case. It may not seem like much, but having some attack avoidance (such as from Evasion and Attack Block) goes a long way as a defensive layer on maps.

- You can actually pick and choose from many different ascendancies, because there are many similar choices:

Gladiator grants 20% more physical DoT and attack block.

Hierophant grants Arcane Surge on hit and enhances it to giving you 10% more Spell Damage besides granting Cast Speed.

Trickster grants about 14-18% more damage depending on Masteries chosen, and slows down enemies.

Champion grants Taunt on hit, makes Taunted enemies take increased damage and grants Aura Effect, resulting in about 15% more damage.

Berserker is plain 15% more damage, but you sacrifice a bit of defenses for it.
Raider grants Spell Suppression, Phasing, Frenzy Charge generation and occasional Onslaught. To be honest, it was my original choice, but the Frenzy charge generation was not reliable enough.

Occultist grants you an extra Curse, so you could use Punishment (about 20% more damage).

Slayer gives you Culling Strike (useful without Eternal Struggle should you decide to replace it) and Phys Reflect immunity.

You could use some defenses from Guardian or Juggernaut as well.

You could also go Pathfinder, invest a bit and have permanent flasks, but that can change a lot in terms of gearing.

That's the weird thing about Ascendant - all of the options are similar in power level, and depending on the build, you may find multiple of those options viable.

To sum up, a disclaimer - if you decide to switch to Raider, i'd rather sacrifice Hierophant for it. Be aware though that you may find Frenzy charge sustain a bit lacking.
Thanks for the quick and detailed answers, it helped a lot.

"
pawelos13 escreveu:

...Righteous Fire grants a buff with up to 39% more Spell Damage on level 20. This buff scales the DoT from Exsanguinate or Reap, because they both have a line that reads "modifiers to spell damage apply to this skill's DoT component". It is a massive boost to single-target, but it is not mandatory on maps.

...Funnily enough, Replica Dragonfang's may actually not be an upgrade. The thing is - spells scale really well with gem levels, up to level 30. Then, the scaling slows substantially. Therefore, Replica Dragonfang's is on par with Eternal Struggle when you are not using Empower Support and is weaker when you are using one. On the other hand, it helps with Resistances and Reservation Efficiency, so there's certainly a choice to be made there.

I don't like to use RF (personal preference) so I was planning to use Replica Dragonfang's and replace Empower Support with something else to get that 39% more damage I am missing from RF. What would be the best support gem to replace Empower in your opinion?

"
pawelos13 escreveu:

...Raider grants Spell Suppression, Phasing, Frenzy Charge generation and occasional Onslaught. To be honest, it was my original choice, but the Frenzy charge generation was not reliable enough.

...To sum up, a disclaimer - if you decide to switch to Raider, i'd rather sacrifice Hierophant for it. Be aware though that you may find Frenzy charge sustain a bit lacking.

With the reservation from Replica Dragonfang's, I would be able to anoint Disciple of Slaughter (+1 minimum Frenzy charge) and with a +1 minimum Frenzy charge bench craft on both rings I would be on full charges all the time (so no charge generation needed).
"
Fenris1970 escreveu:
Thanks for the quick and detailed answers, it helped a lot.

"
pawelos13 escreveu:

...Righteous Fire grants a buff with up to 39% more Spell Damage on level 20. This buff scales the DoT from Exsanguinate or Reap, because they both have a line that reads "modifiers to spell damage apply to this skill's DoT component". It is a massive boost to single-target, but it is not mandatory on maps.

...Funnily enough, Replica Dragonfang's may actually not be an upgrade. The thing is - spells scale really well with gem levels, up to level 30. Then, the scaling slows substantially. Therefore, Replica Dragonfang's is on par with Eternal Struggle when you are not using Empower Support and is weaker when you are using one. On the other hand, it helps with Resistances and Reservation Efficiency, so there's certainly a choice to be made there.

I don't like to use RF (personal preference) so I was planning to use Replica Dragonfang's and replace Empower Support with something else to get that 39% more damage I am missing from RF. What would be the best support gem to replace Empower in your opinion?

"
pawelos13 escreveu:

...Raider grants Spell Suppression, Phasing, Frenzy Charge generation and occasional Onslaught. To be honest, it was my original choice, but the Frenzy charge generation was not reliable enough.

...To sum up, a disclaimer - if you decide to switch to Raider, i'd rather sacrifice Hierophant for it. Be aware though that you may find Frenzy charge sustain a bit lacking.

With the reservation from Replica Dragonfang's, I would be able to anoint Disciple of Slaughter (+1 minimum Frenzy charge) and with a +1 minimum Frenzy charge bench craft on both rings I would be on full charges all the time (so no charge generation needed).

If that's your preference, then I'd suggest to use Cruelty Support or Efficacy Support. Cruelty should be stronger, but Efficacy is more consistent.
Hello!
First, thanks a lot for this build, well explained and fun to play.
I'm currently trying to opimize my stuff, and I'm wondering wich one between Spell Damage or Damage Over Time I should pick for my Ezomytes daggers.
It seems Damage Over Time multiplier does not display on exsanguinate dps, so i have a hard time comparing those... any though? :)
Última edição por chronos007 em 3 de out de 2023 09:34:55

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional