1.0.0f Patch Notes

cool 250ms cooldown.. thats a quater second.. whats nerf about this nerf?.. im using nearly max phys/magic block.. i guess i wondt find a difference from before.. nice! ;)
"
krassi3000 escreveu:
cool 250ms cooldown.. thats a quater second.. whats nerf about this nerf?.. im using nearly max phys/magic block.. i guess i wondt find a difference from before.. nice! ;)

It's not about the 250ms cooldown for the most part. It is about what is coming. No one knows what it is but there are more tweeks incoming to the gem. Could be good, could be bad but it has me at a halt with my character who was going to use this gem until more details are released.
sry if that was already asked but is it possible that armor calc and increased ele dmg with weapons are buged since patch?

i got 2 different granite flasks 1 with armor% and one with eva % different ammounts and i got iron reflexes but no matter which 1 i use my armor is always exactely the same.
even if i use both at the same time.
The day b4 the patch that was different and my armor went up way higher.
Also i just got an amulet with increased ele dmg with weapons while using hatred and added fire dmg so i do about 72% elemental dmg with spectral throw and yet it basicly doesnt add me any dmg at all.
do u guys know anything?
"
SentryKing escreveu:

The real question is why did the devs not have the foresight to see this being a problem. I don't feel like re-rolling everytime someone outside of the devs discovers this amazing op skill/support.

This isn't Beta anymore.

Yes, because no game, ever, rebalances skills because the community found ways to use them in situations that got past people....

Clearly.

/eyeroll, and lots of sarcasm should be used when reading the above.

Now, lets get serious.

This is the first ARPG I've ever played. I came to this game, after a year of being "out" of online games. I had burnt out in WoW, and just couldn't take it anymore.

Let's use WoW as an example. a MUCH LARGER dev / playtest team goes through that game, and works through all types of iterations of new skills, new abilities, new talents, armor set bonuses, and yet.... There are well documented cases of things being BROKEN after it was released, because that one guy, did that one thing, that allowed them to do something, that the team of developers didn't intend to be done.

Case in point:

Mage who used spellsteal to go to town in Naxxramas and solo the 25 man version of the raid, because a spell on a monster was capable of being stolen, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, while not resetting / checking the values associated with the player character. It instead kept the values in place from the monster it was spell stolen from.

It happens. Getting bent out of shape, because something is broken, and using excuses like "Well, they should have known!" works in a vacuum, but not in real life, practical applications.

It's going to get changed. It should get changed.

No gem should be an absolute no brainer for people to use, regardless of their spec / class / design.
No gem should be the basis of a build that allows you to kill things, merely by walking around and letting them hit you, no matter if it was released that way or not.

You're right. It isn't Beta. If this were Beta, they could easily take a month or more to work through what they need to change, let it go as is, and then fix it, completely, and totally, all at once.

This isn't just a nerf to those who felt that this was a "free pass" to awesome damage.
This is also a buff to people who use it in a way that could have created an infinite loop, resulting in the death of their character.

This is a reasonable change. It's not the end of the world. Getting bent out of shape about it is silly, and if you built your entire character around the premise of getting this gem, and abusing it, you deserve to have the character sit there, useless, because you came up with a creative use of game mechanics that wasn't intended, and is being corrected.
Good Update :)
i have 4 lvl 80 chars...will probably stop playing if they destroy CwDt.
it was one of the coolest changes for my discharger. it was not overpowered in any way. all the crazy builds were softcore builds that would one shot themselfs on reflect/LT.
my already nerved Discharger will be useless now. ty for nothing.
on the hunt
Última edição por schraegstrich em 6 de nov de 2013 17:42:39
It's good that you are focusing your effors into nerfing CoDT, the only gem of newly introduced ones to actually be used, while noone is using Animate Guardian, Animate Weapon, Cast on crit, cast on kill...
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar escreveu:
It's good that you are focusing your effors into nerfing CoDT, the only gem of newly introduced ones to actually be used, while noone is using Animate Guardian, Animate Weapon, Cast on crit, cast on kill...

Cast on Crit is broken too the others are trash tier and looking at skills like puncture or burning arrow they will likely always be.
Última edição por Kamro em 6 de nov de 2013 17:59:27
Hey! Hey look! Hey! The cool down thing was totally my idea. I take full credit. Without me nobody would have thought of it. You're welcome.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560666
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
shoju escreveu:
"
SentryKing escreveu:

The real question is why did the devs not have the foresight to see this being a problem. I don't feel like re-rolling everytime someone outside of the devs discovers this amazing op skill/support.

This isn't Beta anymore.

Yes, because no game, ever, rebalances skills because the community found ways to use them in situations that got past people....

Clearly.

/eyeroll, and lots of sarcasm should be used when reading the above.

Now, lets get serious.

This is the first ARPG I've ever played. I came to this game, after a year of being "out" of online games. I had burnt out in WoW, and just couldn't take it anymore.

Let's use WoW as an example. a MUCH LARGER dev / playtest team goes through that game, and works through all types of iterations of new skills, new abilities, new talents, armor set bonuses, and yet.... There are well documented cases of things being BROKEN after it was released, because that one guy, did that one thing, that allowed them to do something, that the team of developers didn't intend to be done.

Case in point:

Mage who used spellsteal to go to town in Naxxramas and solo the 25 man version of the raid, because a spell on a monster was capable of being stolen, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, while not resetting / checking the values associated with the player character. It instead kept the values in place from the monster it was spell stolen from.

It happens. Getting bent out of shape, because something is broken, and using excuses like "Well, they should have known!" works in a vacuum, but not in real life, practical applications.

It's going to get changed. It should get changed.

No gem should be an absolute no brainer for people to use, regardless of their spec / class / design.
No gem should be the basis of a build that allows you to kill things, merely by walking around and letting them hit you, no matter if it was released that way or not.

You're right. It isn't Beta. If this were Beta, they could easily take a month or more to work through what they need to change, let it go as is, and then fix it, completely, and totally, all at once.

This isn't just a nerf to those who felt that this was a "free pass" to awesome damage.
This is also a buff to people who use it in a way that could have created an infinite loop, resulting in the death of their character.

This is a reasonable change. It's not the end of the world. Getting bent out of shape about it is silly, and if you built your entire character around the premise of getting this gem, and abusing it, you deserve to have the character sit there, useless, because you came up with a creative use of game mechanics that wasn't intended, and is being corrected.

TL;DR?
on the hunt

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional