New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Nightmare90 escreveu:
"
Xavderion escreveu:
"
Nightmare90 escreveu:

What this forum needs are subtle but effective self-moderation measures.

I'd say let us moderate ourselves entirely. Works great on the LoL forums imo. Sure, you can't prevent a certain hive mind mentality, but anything is better than the current situation. It'd also save GGG money.

What happens in LoL is not exactly great nor just. It's a popularity contest like democracy, not really something I'd wish to happen to moderation. Hilbert is right, it would do more harm than good, especially in our community exploding in elitism.

A simple "hide post" button in combination with a further 'do you want to ignore all post of user "x"' button would be all needed to take much fuel away around here.

Everything else, for example the reddit vote system would fail here. Did you know that the PoE reddit is known in the reddit community to abuse the reddiquette heavily?

You know how it would look like if there was an ignore feature on the forum, right? Everyone who disagrees will be ignored then only what someone shares an opinion on is being read and people will think that the game is dead because all comments that disagree are hidden and all people who agree will think that everyone loves the idea and GGG should do whatever people want them to do.
"
Nightmare90 escreveu:

What happens in LoL is not exactly great nor just. It's a popularity contest like democracy, not really something I'd wish to happen to moderation. Hilbert is right, it would do more harm than good, especially in our community exploding in elitism.

I disagree. I've very seldom seen abuse of the system. Sometimes there were witch hunts (pretty hilarous to watch hehe), but like 99.9% of the time the system worked. And the LoL community, like any moba community, is elitist as fuck.

"
Nightmare90 escreveu:

Everything else, for example the reddit vote system would fail here. Did you know that the PoE reddit is known in the reddit community to abuse the reddiquette heavily?

Really? A link would be interesting x) I always thought the PoE subreddit is a niche subreddit nobody else cares about.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I disagree. I've very seldom seen abuse of the system. Sometimes there were witch hunts (pretty hilarous to watch hehe), but like 99.9% of the time the system worked. And the LoL community, like any moba community, is elitist as fuck.

PoE would be worse than any Moba.

LoL hasn't got the meme "LoL where being bad results in being reported" for no reason.

This would be pretty much the same as "Average Item 5 Chaos" ->Report: "X is a greedy [insult]"

Selffound players wouldn't be affected but PoE would receive the meme:"PoE where being greedy results in reports"

"
Really? A link would be interesting x) I always thought the PoE subreddit is a niche subreddit nobody else cares about.

Sentiment Analysis gave PoE some attention.
While Chris claimed "I tried so hard not to stigmatize Standard player" he unwillingly creates elitism all over the place.
Look at the advertisements.

HC is still promoted to be "more challenging" instead of "being different"

Well said, Chris. I hope I never said anything that upset your team. I'm a hobbyist game designer/developer myself and I personally have a mood disorder where I am often very irritated, yet I always do my best to provide civil and constructive criticism even when I'm angry about something. If it's not constructive -- that is, helpful or suggestive to how to fix the problem, what's the point?
I will rip the eyes from your head with glee
"
StrangeObject escreveu:
Well said, Chris. I hope I never said anything that upset your team. I'm a hobbyist game designer/developer myself and I personally have a mood disorder where I am often very irritated, yet I always do my best to provide civil and constructive criticism even when I'm angry about something. If it's not constructive -- that is, helpful or suggestive to how to fix the problem, what's the point?

Searching your history, do you think following part of what you've written before in this forum to be "civil and constructive"?

"I wish I wasn't so hooked, I'd quit this game. Usually games reward skill and determination and time invested. This game will shit on your face and laugh.

Please feel free to berate and degrade my status"

And that was something you posted just 10 days ago.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Última edição por mazul em 15 de ago de 2014 11:12:19
"
mazul escreveu:
"
StrangeObject escreveu:

Searching your history, do you think following part of what you've written before in this forum to be "civil and constructive"?

"I wish I wasn't so hooked, I'd quit this game. Usually games reward skill and determination and time invested. This game will shit on your face and laugh.

Please feel free to berate and degrade my status"

And that was something you posted just 10 days ago.

There's nothing wrong with that post, stop nitpicking :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Hilbert escreveu:

LoL hasn't got the meme "LoL where being bad results in being reported" for no reason.

This would be pretty much the same as "Average Item 5 Chaos" ->Report: "X is a greedy [insult]"

Selffound players wouldn't be affected but PoE would receive the meme:"PoE where being greedy results in reports"

You're talking about the Tribunal system, I'm talking about the official forums with its up- and downvote system. We don't need Tribunal in PoE.

"
Hilbert escreveu:

While Chris claimed "I tried so hard not to stigmatize Standard player" he unwillingly creates elitism all over the place.

Chris is trying hard and I think he succeeded, there is much less hc vs sc bullshit now compared to a year ago. And hc is more challenging, that's a fact. I'd still like a link, not because I don't believe it but because I'm interested in the stats. I luv stats.
Última edição por Xavderion em 15 de ago de 2014 13:30:40
"
Xavderion escreveu:
"
Hilbert escreveu:

You're talking about the Tribunal system, I'm talking about the official forums with its up- and downvote system. We don't need Tribunal in PoE.

"
Hilbert escreveu:

Chris is trying hard and I think he succeeded, there is much less hc vs sc bullshit now compared to a year ago. And hc is more challenging, that's a fact. I'd still like a link, not because I don't believe it but because I'm interested in the stats. I luv stats.

HC = more careful playing

SC = more reckless playing

Both are challenging and both are lots of fun.
You do realize that there is no difference between HC and SC in gameplay aside of "Fun Builds".

In CB the difference was that HC builds concentrated more on Lifenodes but that's gone with 11.0.
You must overcap resists in both modes.

SC and HC builds are identical.
Look at Atziri. Show me people with 75% resists without close to perfect equipment do it....
Yeah evading is possible but totally unreliable.

Due to Exp penalty SC players play the same way.

"

Doesn't matter PoE players have a mob mentality.
According to the great support it's even antagonistic to point out of reddithatefests work even it's tied to all games.

But do it you will see that the forum will be reverted within one week and trade forums will be full of antagonism.

You offer the same rare unique but want more currency than somebody/don't want the other to sell else out of that reason you create a downvote agenda against somebody else.

"

HC vs SC isn't the only reason the PoE reddit is garbage.

Look at the examples before supports removes it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2d6gx3/state_of_exile_needs_better_guests/

Quiet hateful postings receive several upvotes.

The reddit is bad for following reasons:

1. It's mainly used as advertisement show. Global reddit rules say that you are allowed to have a 10% quote but Devs and streamers break those.
Chris is way over 50%
The Podcasters are way over 50%
You could report them as spammers if you want and strike their accounts.
X-Advertisements are also forbidden. It would be the same as GM takes a Buick reddit and advertises over Cadillac.

2. Gameplay Questions are constantly bashed into the ground. While not necessarily hateful they get downvoted. Something reddit should actually represent isn't working because of elitism.

3.Hateagendas between rival streamer fanbases(but every game has that) [antagonistic according to support but it's the truth]

4. Useless topics all over the place:"Look I found x" "Praise RNG"

5.Topics actually giving the reddit some value are a minority or receive downvotes.
"
Hilbert escreveu:
You do realize that there is no difference between HC and SC in gameplay aside of "Fun Builds".

In CB the difference was that HC builds concentrated more on Lifenodes but that's gone with 11.0.
You must overcap resists in both modes.

SC and HC builds are identical.
Look at Atziri. Show me people with 75% resists without close to perfect equipment do it....
Yeah evading is possible but totally unreliable.

Due to Exp penalty SC players play the same way.

I'm not here to engage into hc vs sc bullshit. Having one life vs endless lives is a huge difference when it comes to 'beating' the game though. Just imagine playing Super Mario Bros. with one life vs endless lifes. Which one is harder to beat?

"
Hilbert escreveu:
Doesn't matter PoE players have a mob mentality.
According to the great support it's even antagonistic to point out of reddithatefests work even it's tied to all games.

But do it you will see that the forum will be reverted within one week and trade forums will be full of antagonism.

You offer the same rare unique but want more currency than somebody/don't want the other to sell else out of that reason you create a downvote agenda against somebody else.

LoL players have a mob mentality too and a lot of them are toxic as fuck. The system still works over there most of the time, that's my point.

"
Hilbert escreveu:
HC vs SC isn't the only reason the PoE reddit is garbage.

Look at the examples before supports removes it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2d6gx3/state_of_exile_needs_better_guests/

Quiet hateful postings receive several upvotes.

The occasional witch hunt is nothing vs the shit that goes on around here :D Just look at ARPGfan, years later he still gets trashtalked and hunted (and I think that's fun, sue me).

"
Hilbert escreveu:
1. It's mainly used as advertisement show. Global reddit rules say that you are allowed to have a 10% quote but Devs and streamers break those.
Chris is way over 50%
The Podcasters are way over 50%
You could report them as spammers if you want and strike their accounts.
X-Advertisements are also forbidden. It would be the same as GM takes a Buick reddit and advertises over Cadillac.

Blatant ads don't get upvoted most of the time so I don't even see them. And there aren't really that many ads, even if I go on the 'new' tab it doesn't really catch my eye.

"
Hilbert escreveu:
2. Gameplay Questions are constantly bashed into the ground. While not necessarily hateful they get downvoted. Something reddit should actually represent isn't working because of elitism.

I agree. It got better compared to like 1 year ago but it could still be a lot better. This wouldn't happen on the forums though because there is a gameplay help section so a vote system on the forums wouldn't compromise that. You should always keep in mind how a forum is way differently structured compared to Reddit.

"
Hilbert escreveu:
3.Hateagendas between rival streamer fanbases(but every game has that) [antagonistic according to support but it's the truth]

I find streamer drama entertaining :3 was also great in LoL. ZilianOP anyone?

"
Hilbert escreveu:
4. Useless topics all over the place:"Look I found x" "Praise RNG"

While such topics can get tiring, I and others (thus the upvotes) find them entertaining. And just look at how many 'useless' topics are around here :)

"
Hilbert escreveu:
5.Topics actually giving the reddit some value are a minority or receive downvotes.

If you value endless unsubstantial QQ like you can find it all over these forums, then yeah :P

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional