Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #1

I'm so happy I kept these around. I'm really excited for SotV, great work, GGG!
"just for try, for see and for know"
All of news will be available in standard league? Or i will have to start in new league?

BTW

Also it will be nice to see how whites will be work with these blades. BLENDERRRRRRR
i remember someone posting white socket items as vendor recipe on reddit
was that actually an early idea or just fake ?
"
ampdecay escreveu:
Cleave buff confirmed.

I thought the same thing when I saw that screenshot. Elemental Cleave is coming back.
HAIL SATAN!
Looking good. Well done. Look forward to it ^^
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
HYPED
Sigh.. Just when I thought up a new build using prismatic eclipse an update like this comes and rockets the prices to the skies.

I kinda doubt it's possible to have 3 white slots on that sword since that would give you 6 to the max melee range not to mention if you are dual wielding two of them. If you actually can have full set of white sockets, I sense a nerf coming to the sword a tad later.

Última edição por noukheim em 17 de fev de 2014 12:24:17
The screenshot:
- In the inventory there is a bow and a sword
- Obviously the bow cannot be equipped (missing stats/level --> red color)
- Obviously the sword can be equipped, although character is not level 53 --> green color
- The Sword is corrupted, also 1 gem is corrupted (is it the spark-gem, don't know)

Interpretation:
- Corrupted weapons/gems/... can be equipped despite missing stats/levels, so even at level 1
- Drawback is that they can never be unequipped from the character
- Corrupted gems are white.
- you can only equip corrupted gems in an white corrupted weapon
- you get a "corrupted orb" for killing Queen Atziri

Why:
- Allows quick re-rolling and levelling of characters (your main dies after 3 days in a one-week and you have good weapons in your stash
- you can equip a strong strength-based weapon, although you don't invest into strength (eg summoner) and combine it with a corrupted gem (also strength-based) eg Heavy Strike and new builds are possible

Just my thoughts ...
"
Mivo escreveu:
Perhaps "corrupted" means that gems can't be removed once put in.

I was thinking in a similar vein. Gems put in the white socket of corrupted equipment either can't be removed or they degenrate over time/with use. Something along those lines.
zombiedismembermentfuckyeah!
I'm wondering if they're adding a new "corrupted" mechanic to creatures as well; the "land" is being corrupted, too, not just equipment and gems. Regular enemies drop regular gear; corrupted enemies drop corrupted gear.

Additionally, I'm guessing corrupted items can only contain corrupted skill gems. Regular items can only contain regular skill gems.

And then, a mechanic for dealing damage: Corrupted skills deal more damage to regular enemies, and regular skills deal more damage to corrupted enemies.

A few thoughts to back it up:

1. This would double demand for skill gems, items, currency, etc. I suddenly need TWO shields, TWO 6-link voll's protectors, TWO discharge gems...etc. Or, I have to do some corruption recipe, which removes currency from the economy. What a great way to deal with the glut of loot in standard! And, people will once again get to work on mirroring, which means even the super-super rich are busy once again crafting items of insanity. If there is a recipe and they make it one-way, IE once-you-corrupt-you-never-go-back, it would make people need to craft entirely new items to satisfy the need for corrupt gear. Money sink!

2. This makes skill selection even harder. I only have one 6-link item. I'm in a map with both corrupt and regular enemies. What do I use? Do I have a backup skill in a 4-link that is corrupt, and I stick with regular for my 6-link? Does my grouping buddy go corrupt, and I go regular? The passive tree is proof of how much GGG wants you to have to choose your skills. This makes it even more difficult to choose, and GGG DEFINITELY likes choice. The whole game is a pile of choices.

Just my thoughts.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional