Seraph Armour Skin Microtransactions in SotV

"
ggnorekthx escreveu:
Not to be ungrateful, but it isn't that hard to tell us SOMETHING. Most of us want to know if we'll get respecs, if the tree will change much, where (in general) it might change. For instance, if they are gonna put IR up by Dual Curse or some shit, yeah, I'd really like to know more than 1 day before the patch so I can plan a build. If Witch is gonna get some buffs, I might decide to do caster. But I have no way of even considering my best options when we literally know nothing about tree changes.

I know they are busy finishing up their work but they must be able to give us some quick, generalized info about what will for sure happen so we can be ready.

It's just ridiculous how drastically the game changes and how little warning we frequently get.

Most of us don't play as much during these interim periods so they can't really be surprised if we're impatient to prepare for the new Leagues. I've been burnt before when I've planned out a bunch of details before patch notes so I don't do it anymore.

Anyways, sorry for being impatient. I'm sure it'll be great, but these interim periods are the worst.

A full respec is already confirmed. I know, reading is hard, right? Try reading the forums before coming off as a total idiot.

I want the new skill tree as well, but let's be honest, how much time do you REALLY need to plan a build? A whole day? It will be released a few hours before SotV by the latest, at which time we will all be able to take in the changes.

Patience.
"
4 microtransactions at 200-250 a piece sound right. People will always complain. Yes, that is 100$ in points, but you aren't forced to buy it. You don't need it. I don't go to a car dealer and bitch the corvette is way more than the other cars. You get what you pay for and if its not worth it to you, then do without.

I actually mentioned 250 points for the entire set, making it around 75/90 points per piece and the set at a discount.

I wonder why you would like to deprive the not-so-well-off people from enjoying a cool cosmetic feature in this game. I also wonder if this is the most beneficial to GGG.

If we assume only 10% of the players are "big fish" and they all buy it, that's 90% of the player base unable to purchase this new mtx. and that is a lot of income thrown away.

No offense vixien, but the way you made your post all i read is.

"fuck you if you don't have the money"

Also you seem to assume this will be the only armor mtx and the best one on top of that?

If this where true, yeah why not make it a status symbol. However if this is wrong then this armor piece sets the value for all coming armor mtx's.

And 100$ is a lot of money to a lot of people. I am pretty sure this holds true for a lot of the player base since it is F2P.

Spoiler
and i supported plenty, i could even buy the armor mtx for 100$, i am just not retarded enough to not consider the whole community in this considering its a F2P model and cheaper mtx prices might actually be mutually beneficial for GGG and the community. And i also don't have the nerve to say "fuck you if you don't have money"
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
PLZ PLZ ggg dont make these sets costs a million points:S
Hi

SIGH....

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Pretty awful... Just saying...

=S
quote Boem
"
Boem escreveu:

I actually mentioned 250 points for the entire set, making it around 75/90 points per piece and the set at a discount.

I wonder why you would like to deprive the not-so-well-off people from enjoying a cool cosmetic feature in this game. I also wonder if this is the most beneficial to GGG.

If we assume only 10% of the players are "big fish" and they all buy it, that's 90% of the player base unable to purchase this new mtx. and that is a lot of income thrown away.

No offense vixien, but the way you made your post all i read is.

"fuck you if you don't have the money"

Also you seem to assume this will be the only armor mtx and the best one on top of that?

If this where true, yeah why not make it a status symbol. However if this is wrong then this armor piece sets the value for all coming armor mtx's.

And 100$ is a lot of money to a lot of people. I am pretty sure this holds true for a lot of the player base since it is F2P.

Spoiler
and i supported plenty, i could even buy the armor mtx for 100$, i am just not retarded enough to not consider the whole community in this considering its a F2P model and cheaper mtx prices might actually be mutually beneficial for GGG and the community. And i also don't have the nerve to say "fuck you if you don't have money"

I'm not saying "fuck you if dont have the money. " There are plenty of people who have the money, but won't spend it because its not worth it value wise. They have the right to think that. Value is subjective though. So saying it should cost x instead of y is pointless.

ALL helmet skins (not attachments) are 200+. Apply this logic to all 4 mtx's and you easily get 800+ points.

You are also right some don't have the money and if were cheaper, they could afford it. It's called living within your means. There are tons of things I want but cant afford. The eternal supporter pack was one of them. I accepted I couldn't afford it.

Also your 10%\90% population is bullshit based off unknown information. You chose 10% because it makes your argument stronger. What if its 50/50? Then half the population would get it. Making up numbers goes both ways.
ign: Vixien
Última edição por vixien em 3 de mar de 2014 13:50:37
"
Also your 10%\90% population is bullshit based off unknown information. You chose 10% because it makes your argument stronger. What if its 50/50? Then half the population would get it. Making up numbers goes both ways.

In a F2P or niche environment there is a 20/80 rule, where 20% of the player base support the 80% other free players.

And my point was just that GGG might be able to get more revenue,happy customers if the mtx cost's where within the reach of a higher portion of that player base.

Not even mentioning the lack of support for the MTX service in game.
(like the lack of a reclaim all mtx button for over 2 years at this point, while having been suggested around 1500 times by now with regular intervals)

Just saying, this does not "have" to be a status symbol and it might yield more $$$ if it is not.

And i also hope they don't leave there armor skins etc in the basic game like how they are just to boost sales.(but that's just my personal opinion, GGG is free to do as they desire obviously)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I love the Skin but i would Love it more if there was a dark version too :)
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
"
Boem escreveu:

In a F2P or niche environment there is a 20/80 rule

There is?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Última edição por DarthSki44 em 3 de mar de 2014 14:14:00
GGG "might" get more revenue with cheaper prices has been said after every single mtx they have put in the game. They are obviously happy with their pricing since it hasn't changed after all this time. People can always wait for daily deals on the pieces, however long that wait may be.

They just hired a new developer. It also shows they are still hiring. An indie company wouldn't do that if they didn't have the revenue. All in all, there is only a few details we know.

1. Helm skins are and always have been 200+. This set contains one. All the other pieces are also skins.
2. Despite prices, They are still hiring new people.

With this information, we can make an EDUCATED guess that their pricing is fine, and this set will be expensive. Otherwise, they wouldn't be hiring, they would lower prices on old items to entice sales, and future pricing would probably be lower.

Also, PoE is the first F2P of its kind. Even if there was a 20/80 rule (i doubt it), it wouldn't apply since this game is unique
ign: Vixien
Última edição por vixien em 3 de mar de 2014 14:37:36

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional