Rebalancing Corrupted Area and Invasion Bosses (Locked May 16)

"
zgript escreveu:
3 monsters for me where completely unchallengeable

Bladeback Guardian Porcupine Goliath - ice spear from far + Incinerate Nova ( or 2 seconds kill if you dare to aproach one )

Cintiq the Inescapable (Black Spider)

Unknown monster who just put 6 storm call markers on the spot i was and i was dead before i could even leave the area. I don`t know who it was because it happened offscreen.

It's called Perquil the lucky.
"
Fearmonger escreveu:
"
Chris escreveu:
Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.

Thanks for this. I always found it stressful when I join a public party and have no idea if the flameblast on the ground is friendly or the kind that will very nearly kill me, frankly it's terrifying.

Completely agreed here, although I am bummed out about the Storm Call change. Although it was extremely difficult, I rather enjoyed the difficulty of avoiding those after my first death.

VI
Última edição por ConanTheGamebarian em 29 de abr de 2014 18:07:49
"
TobbeLOL escreveu:
"
NgjnMaster escreveu:
"
Chris escreveu:
Content update 1.1.3 includes a rebalance of bosses in Corrupted Areas and the Invasion league.

Overwhelmingly, feedback on Invasion (and Corrupted Area) bosses is that they're unfairly hard. While we've previously toned them down several times, it became clear that a larger scale rebalance was required. We wanted to retain the feeling of danger, while making sure that players had time to react and choose whether to engage the bosses.

This rebalance is still ongoing and being tested internally, but our current work has involved:
  • The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.
  • Defensive values of these bosses have been reduced substantially. They're not all super tanky any more.
  • Their resistances have been reduced and made consistent. They're not heavily resistant to a single element now.
  • The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.
  • Bosses that summoned additional monsters have been changed to summon fewer monsters. This should also help with graphical performance.
  • Bosses that use Storm Call now have an effect that accurately indicates the area of effect.
  • Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.
  • Corrupted areas are going to receive their own map mod balance (as opposed to using the same ones that our end-game map system currently uses). They're generally the same mods with decreased values. Some of the heavily-build-restrictive ones (like Blood Magic) are gone.

We're expecting to deploy this update late next week.

I've been playing a lot of invasion lately.

In my opinion, the invasion bosses are AWESOME and even some of them still need to be buffed a bit.

I have build myself tanky, I'm level 84 with a lot of block and spell block!

Still, I think it's so great to actually have challenging fights.

I really, really hope that you won't make the invasion bosses as poor fights as the rest of the unique signature bosses. The challenging bosses (and perhaps along with some better loot) is what really makes this game KING!

Edit: I can highly recommend people to return to Invasion league. It's a BIG challenge, but they're killable and so are exiles! COME COME

I agree to this so much! These unique bosses is what makes invasion leagues so much fun for me. It would be a sad thing if GGG responded too heavily on the feedback from people wanting them nerfed.

Lol there are more than enough game developers out there that ignore player feedback...it is never a sad thing when a company listens to and responds to customer concerns. Great Job GGG. If you want more challenge you can always downgrade your gear.
"
Mahesys escreveu:
ofc invasion bosses nerf again

Why listening to noobs every fucking time?

This is a shadow of the hardcore game it was

I may be a noob but at least I have contributed and earned the right to have my concerns heard as a PAYING customer. Maybe they should only listen to free long time players that do nothing to help pay costs of developing and sustaining game :D
"
azoriuss escreveu:
Right now after some recent patches there is no oneshot invasion boss in POE. I just made new character and facerolled all normal/cruel invasions and corruption areas(including advocaata, chaska, invasion devourer). Merciless is harder but Im playing maps 70 and theres absolutely no problem with invasion bosses with normal affix.

If you plan to nerf again I will consider to move to another game. I play POE because of the challenge. If my only challenge will be 4-5 maps and dominus then theres nothinh to interest me in POE. I dont know why some people want to nerf invasion again. Whats so good in running 24h piety or facerolling all maps. Why u dont want this game to be challenging in all locations? Right now normal/cruel gives the adrenaline too because of the invasion. Without invasion is just wasting time. The only threat is reflect if u play flameblast character. NOTHING ELSE. U can play blindly with one hand just to dominus location.

Lets not make this game CASUAL. There are tons of people who started LOVE POE again because of the challenge that INVASION gives to this game. It makes game more exciting even in cost of the RIP sometimes.

I would focus on crafting imo. Crafting is little bit annoying. I spend almost 400 fusing on body armor and I had 0 luck to get 5-link. I could just buy for a currency 5-linked armor.

Anyway if u remove challenge from this game because someone is noob and cant play properly then my adventure with POE will end.

You can always downgrade gear to increase your challenge, is much much harder to upgrade to cope with situations. If you are losing paying players from game then you have to react or you will not survive as a business. This is a great move. And for record it wasn't the noobs in our guild that quit game but the long term payers including our HC high level players including all our officers and guild leader.
So if you find it too easy after update pat yourself on back and self nerf but take time and realise that for majority of players the system is too often insta death and if you ostracise the majority of paying players you have no income to keep running game. A good game should cater to multiple builds and styles and from the reactions to flavor of month builds GGG wants build diversity so when a new league restricts players to a few OP builds to be successful it is defeating whole intention of build diversity...you don't have to use an OP build in new update if you still want a challenge.
"
SinPhil escreveu:

You can always downgrade gear to increase your challenge, is much much harder to upgrade to cope with situations. If you are losing paying players from game then you have to react or you will not survive as a business. This is a great move. And for record it wasn't the noobs in our guild that quit game but the long term payers including our HC high level players including all our officers and guild leader.
So if you find it too easy after update pat yourself on back and self nerf but take time and realise that for majority of players the system is too often insta death and if you ostracise the majority of paying players you have no income to keep running game. A good game should cater to multiple builds and styles and from the reactions to flavor of month builds GGG wants build diversity so when a new league restricts players to a few OP builds to be successful it is defeating whole intention of build diversity...you don't have to use an OP build in new update if you still want a challenge.

No offence but long-term players in normal HC league is nothing unique. I find normal HC very easy. Whats particular hard in HC without invasion? Dominus on Merciless and reflect damage. Dominus/Piety on maps maybe... thats all.

Actually theres solid group of builds that work somehow. 2-3 of them are the best obviously(Righteous fire for example) but that doesnt mean other builds are useless. The only thing that you have to do is invest resources to defense. I see lot of builds on maps: Spectral Throw variations, Flame Totem, Searing Bond, DoubleStrike/Light Strike crit dagger, Righteous fire, Incinerate builds, Infernal blow builds, summoner builds and some witch elemental builds like Lightning dmg, EK from ZiggyD variations and many others. They all play end game maps.

I agree that I could downgrade my gear but thats weird. Finding the best gear is fun and now I have to cut gameplay because the game is too hard for you?

The best solutions is to split league... oh wait. We have Hardcore mode without invasion and invasion mode... so all of you who feel the game is too hard could just play POE without difficulties.

but why would you like to play POE without any challenge. I dont get it seriously... the game without invasion is nothing right now. Fight white/blue/yellow mobs... what the hell? Seriously why would you like to waste time in POE, progressing character that is a GOD no matter how awful you are?

about Market requirements... yes I feel like majority of people love to play dumbed down easy games. 99% games on the market are dumbed down for retards. Can you just please go away and leave only one that is a little bit harder?:)

One last thing... I feel like you didnt play Invasion after recent patches. They nerfed bosses like crazy. Most of them are much easier like black spider etc.
Whether or not you enjoy the difficulty of Invasion its hard to ignore how low the population, especially in Merciless has become. It's 4:30 pm on a Wednesday and right now there are 3 actual games on the list and 5 people selling orbs, it's a ghost town and we have 2 months left.

I think this 4 month would have been a lot better if Ambush was the HC league and Invasion the SC league. Choosing to open a box and potentially dieing seems like a better risk reward system for HC instead of just giving the SC league a ton of free currency with no risk, since dieing in SC is meaningless. Giving HC leagues perpetual risk doesn't exactly appeal to most people that see gaming as a time to unwind and relax. If invaders appeared on the minimap that might entice some people to return. Invasion definitely hasn't been a fun league its either run from the invader or spend way too long killing them for pitiful drops compared to what the ambush chests give.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Última edição por p0t em 30 de abr de 2014 16:53:22
The invasion bosses have been nerved too drastically at least in Normal difficulty.

The life values are fine but they just don't do much damage.

A 2 handed melee enemy that doesn't even scratch you doesn't feel right.

Anyway - at least is more fun now, some fine-tuning might be a good idea though.
Última edição por Startkabels em 15 de mai de 2014 04:00:11
We'll definitely continue to fine-tune the balance of these bosses.

I am locking this thread because the described changes have been made in 1.1.3.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional