The Plot.

Fellow Exiles,

I have just completed my first playthrough on the starting difficulty. I understand the plot to PoE leaves a lot to imagination and that's ok. After all, it is an ARPG. Focus should be on loot, progression and... loot.

I get the basics of the plot. All the classes represent individuals who have been exiled to Wraeclast. They're dumped off a boat and have the choice of drowning or swimming to Wraeclast. Cool. BUT... around that, I am just wondering if any of you can provide more insight into the following:

Blackguard which I assume is Piety's force? Piety herself?

The Empire?

Dominus?

The land of Wraeclast itself. Everyone there represents an exile? Was Wraeclast once a habitable place? Sarn is a ruined city, so was it once a thriving city?

I caught some of it throughout all the extra dialogue NPC's provide. I was just wondering if anyone could provide anything else. I accept the fact of a vague plot for this game. I love this game. I just love a bit of plot and lore in my games too...
The thing that bugged me about the story was that I never really got to know why Piety was evil or anything and I didn't really feel like hunting her down since I didn't know anything about her.

Going thought the prisons in act 1... Oh look there is a person in this place with blood and stuff, she sounds sort of evil when she speaks, I guess that I should kill her?

Later I could confirm that she was evil but I still didn't really care...

Boulder bros
Yeah, the plot is a little here and there... The only Exile that has some Relation to the plot is the Templar. If you watched his trailer on Youtube, then you know what he saw, and why he was exiled.
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

Just pretend Wraeclast is Australia and the rest of the plot points will work themselves out ;)
"
Meczor escreveu:
The thing that bugged me about the story was that I never really got to know why Piety was evil or anything and I didn't really feel like hunting her down since I didn't know anything about her.

Going thought the prisons in act 1... Oh look there is a person in this place with blood and stuff, she sounds sort of evil when she speaks, I guess that I should kill her?

Later I could confirm that she was evil but I still didn't really care...

Yea Piety feels pretty neutral. She just felt like another monster on the road.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
I always assumed that more would be revealed in later chapters. If GGG keeps to their schedule of 10 year development, we still have loads to come and loads to find out.

Which is good, because I for one want to know more. :D I feel like we have been given a small taste of the world, but a lot has been held back. ;)
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
Did you guys listen to everything all of the NPCs had to say on your playthrough?

If this is anything like Diablo 1 and 2 that is where most of the story is told.

I intend on doing that very thing on my next character - the plot seems good I just don't know enough about it yet
"
Archfiend escreveu:
Did you guys listen to everything all of the NPCs had to say on your playthrough?

No, they speak too slowly. I read it instead.
"
Archfiend escreveu:

I did indeed. :) I have been very impressed by the voice acting.
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
I just wish there was more development about Piety BEFORE you get to the Prison.

Who is she?
Why is she such a bitch?
How come she can get past Brutus?

Then later:

How come she can raise the blockade inland?
Why is she creating mutants?

Same with the Vaal Oversoul - What is it exactly? What is its backstory?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional