The Plot.

Whole story:

Wraeclast = Australia
Oriath = England

Dominus = Captain cook
Exiles = Convict

Everyone looks down at you & thinks they are superior if they live in Oriath. Maybe next time you wont steal that loaf of bread, exile

Story end/
Thanks for input Damien.

So far, the Gemling Queen is my favorite NPC and it's very enjoyable hear her.
As she told us, she asked too much and made difficult questions, so worth hear her.

Keep up guys.
"
Damien_GGG escreveu:

Thanks for the ongoing feedback - it's good to know some people ARE interested in the story and gives us the impetus to include more detail where necessary. I agree that Piety's intro and storyline could use some tweaking. I'll talk to Erik and Edwin about this. The Vaal are an ancient race who play into the backstory of Sarn - more detail will be forthcoming in future Act 3 content and Act 4.

An easy way is to scatter some intel like the shavrone journal in the prison:

-For Piety you can just give an letter with orders to the ebony guards in western forest for example - keep the encounters with her as it is;

-You can place religious pieces (like statues with written descriptions, for example) in the church dungeon, giving hints of what the good man really is;

-Bandit orders dropping from the unique bandit in the crossroads would be a nice way to trigger Eramir's dialogue and quest start;

Ofc we can't spam these too much, or they will become boring. So I came up with a an encounter such as the one in the twilight strand:

-Find out more about Gravicius by talking to a injured soldier in the north side of the battlefront (closer to the solaris temple, deep into it's enemies' lines).

---
I think that there are some "holes" in the story, such as goatmen being just scattered through two maps without not much background story.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
i thought this was the history of Australia.

Hm....

Kidding! I kid.

"
Metronomy escreveu:
Everyone looks down at you & thinks they are superior if they live in Oriath. Maybe next time you wont steal that loaf of bread, exile

And then PoE starts paralleling Les Miserables ;)
WTB PoE novel
"
Besides the impetus to survive to spite those who've cast you aside

My character's main motivation.

But seriously, I can see the threads filling in, and I like where the story is going. I feel like it'll lead to a world that has hidden stories that can easily be overlooked by a careless Exile, kind of like how the original Might and Magic games developed a world that had a depth of science fiction beneath its veneer of pure fantasy. I know people who played through them and still thought the Kreegan were just demons.

In short: MOAR AMAZING STORY BACKGROUND PL0X.
If I have two fish, and you have three fish, how many fish do we have?
None. These are MY fish.
"
KingRajesh escreveu:
I just wish there was more development about Piety BEFORE you get to the Prison.

Who is she?
Why is she such a bitch?
How come she can get past Brutus?

Then later:

How come she can raise the blockade inland?
Why is she creating mutants?

Same with the Vaal Oversoul - What is it exactly? What is its backstory?

The way I understood the Vaal Oversoul was that it was summoned by Maligaro, and locked into the temple with a seal, which was partially damaged when you clicked on the orb and unleashed darkness, Returning the apex to the pyramid altar breaks the whole seal, releasing the Vaal Oversoul, allowing you to kill it - ending the darkness.
IGN: Darkflayme
My favorite flavor text: "Swinging through the air, it sings
of sundered, severed, missing things."
Última edição por twiztedterry em 31 de jan de 2013 21:37:02
Wouldn't mind some Cutscenes (Still Images with music / voice-acting and subtitles) between each Act, adding more flavor and backstory to all the characters.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink

"
I think that there are some "holes" in the story, such as goatmen being just scattered through two maps without not much background story.

They live there, same as the monkeys and large beasts live in the forests?
Última edição por Aterfelis em 31 de jan de 2013 22:01:06

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional