Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

"
CD23 escreveu:
"
lord_vital escreveu:

1) Now you are being the one incapable of critical thinking and just plain rude. He's not the only one that believes that. He and probably hundreds of others. The gameplay revolves around the AH, let's just face it.

Believing a conspiracy theory and it being true are two entirely different things. Taking the auction house into account (which is exactly what they did) is extremely necessary in a Diablo game. That doesn't mean they tailored drops to force people to go to the auction house.

If you mean to say the gameplay revolves around trading, well you're darn right it does. It's a darn Diablo game for cripes sakes! Of course it revolves around trading! Since the auction house is the next logical step of trading (diminishing all the hassles inherent to an itemized currency system), then yes the game revolves around the auction house, exactly as a Diablo game should.

Oh you think you have to use the auction house to progress? What a bunch of hooey. I certainly didn't need to. I found all kinds of stuff on my own. Why? Because I know how Diablo works. I don't expect handouts on the way. I already know that sometimes you have to farm a few areas during the leveling process.

The people who don't know how to play Diablo are the ones who say such stupid things like they're required to use the auction house to progress. You aren't required. You are at a disadvantage, just like you were in d2; but far from required.

i keep hearing crap like that all the time
gtfo with i found all of stuff on my own. Why? Because I know how Diablo works.
which part of RNG u know how it works that give u an advantage over someone else who also play at max MF and higher MP's?
or by saying u know how Diablo works u mean u botted 24/7 and made a fortune from AH/RMAH?

about the so called conspiracy theory what conspiracy theory? the one where u blindly chose to believe that the game doesn't revolve around AH when the the droprates and the dumbed down mechanics show otherwise?

gtfo back to D3 and spare us with ur crap
I dont agree with an auction house as per traditional means but a trading system, such as what is outlined in this post:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/89840

A flat out WoW/D3 Style AH would ruin the game
I don't normally post on such things, and I will apologize in advance for anything I say that is offensive. I direct this statement to all those in favour of changing this game to make it fit in with other games, or to make it easier, if this game is too hard then.......

GO

BACK

TO

RUNESCAPE

/Thread.
cant believe this topic has 14 pages.
honestly ... close this thread please. there will be no ah in poe. if you want a ah go play d3.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
CD23 escreveu:
"
lord_vital escreveu:

1) Now you are being the one incapable of critical thinking and just plain rude. He's not the only one that believes that. He and probably hundreds of others. The gameplay revolves around the AH, let's just face it.

Believing a conspiracy theory and it being true are two entirely different things. Taking the auction house into account (which is exactly what they did) is extremely necessary in a Diablo game. That doesn't mean they tailored drops to force people to go to the auction house.

If you mean to say the gameplay revolves around trading, well you're darn right it does. It's a darn Diablo game for cripes sakes! Of course it revolves around trading! Since the auction house is the next logical step of trading (diminishing all the hassles inherent to an itemized currency system), then yes the game revolves around the auction house, exactly as a Diablo game should.

Oh you think you have to use the auction house to progress? What a bunch of hooey. I certainly didn't need to. I found all kinds of stuff on my own. Why? Because I know how Diablo works. I don't expect handouts on the way. I already know that sometimes you have to farm a few areas during the leveling process.

The people who don't know how to play Diablo are the ones who say such stupid things like they're required to use the auction house to progress. You aren't required. You are at a disadvantage when playing self-found, just like you were in d2; but the auction house is far from required.

Whatever. No point in wasting my time typing essays. You guys will figure it out soon enough.

Well thanks for not reading my post i guess?

*sigh* We wouldn't be having this debate if this was a tin-foil hattery. I invested probably 700+ hours in d3 to reach this conclusion simply observing gameplay and loot mechanics in general.
This games is fine without a AH since there is no gold and its a bartering system, items have different worth based on what each person wants. However a ah in d3 real money or not was a great idea, it gave people a equal play field and easier way to sell things. However it was ruined with a disgusting amount of bots and terrible items, as well as characters all wanting the same stats. People who think the idea of the ah ruining d3 have no clue whats going on.
What about a league (similar to softcore and hardcore right now) that would disable any form of trading? Meaning you cannot trade, drop items after you've picked them up (they would be destroyed as if you were in town) or any other form of transferring items to other players?

The only problem that arises is even if you make a league like this and it is perfectly fine and interesting it'd cut both the softcore and hardcore leagues in half as they would start playing this mode. In a worse case scenario you'd cut off more than 50 (lets say 75%) and suddenly you get population problems. I have no numbers on how many people are currently playing PoE in both leagues and how many are required to keep multiplayer parties fluent and diverse, but these would be the only issues.

I appreciate constructive criticism and concerns (and even pseudo-legitimate concerns). That being said, can the retards please fuck off out of this topic? Nn double digit IQ.
Beyond league.
Última edição por SEXYSUPERSATAN em 6 de fev de 2013 16:08:45
@OP You do know there is a trade forum here you can use exactly as an auction house?

"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
@Angryweasel +1
I'm not. I don't care either way. I just wont use it, as I only play self found anyway.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional