Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

"
Yogabba escreveu:
It will kill the community that has been created by having to actually trade with people using words. Sometimes you get ripped off and sometimes you do the ripping off. It's fantastic.

Also the way the economy is set up without using gold or one standard currency an ah makes no sense at all.

well, technically you could, all the AH UI would need, aside from search and categorization, is some way to stipulate from a drop-down what items/orbs/skill &/or support gems you will accept for the item you are offering for barter...

Regardless however, I'd rather there not be an AH in this game, as I rather enjoy the system of actually meeting my buyer/sellers and trading with them directly.
"
lord_vital escreveu:
Where d3 auction house failed and where PoE succeeded:

Jackpot type of RNG that made you rich once you hit it, witch will happen as the name implies - one i a blue moon. That type of RNG was specifically generated to accommodate the AH i believe. Also the itemization in general. Uniques crappier than blues and most exclusively rares anyone? PoE's crafting and utilization of potentially any item that drops puts d3's system to shame.

Only one currency to rule them all. One does not simply rule them all with one currency. PoE has a crap-load of currencies. So did D2.

No clear way to tell what's worth what. Hence new players get shafted and flippers are born. In PoE even a new player can get an idea what has some worth and where it stays. I mean even the merchants selling the orbs and stuff give a general idea. Also a brief examination of drops and stash revision of what's in abundance and what not is another way.

See this is an example of someone incapable of critical thinking.

1) Guess you didn't play D2 did you? Jackpot loot has been a staple of D2 for a long long time.

2) Currency is currency is currency. Doesn't matter if it's gold, $, sojs, or orbs. They all trade the same. Only difference is itemized currency is a heck of a lot more of a hassle.

3) It's easy to tell what things are worth through a small bit of investigation. POE has a wiki listing all item types and prefixes and suffixes. That information is available to anyone who wants to be prepared for trading. The same thing applies to D3. Flipping will happen in POE just as much as it ever did in D3. And if you think currencies will over time remain at what the vendors are selling them for at launch, you're delusional.
"
CD23 escreveu:
"
lord_vital escreveu:

Jackpot type of RNG that made you rich once you hit it, witch will happen as the name implies - one i a blue moon. That type of RNG was specifically generated to accommodate the AH i believe. Also the itemization in general. Uniques crappier than blues and most exclusively rares anyone? PoE's crafting and utilization of potentially any item that drops puts d3's system to shame.

Only one currency to rule them all. One does not simply rule them all with one currency. PoE has a crap-load of currencies. So did D2.

No clear way to tell what's worth what. Hence new players get shafted and flippers are born. In PoE even a new player can get an idea what has some worth and where it stays. I mean even the merchants selling the orbs and stuff give a general idea. Also a brief examination of drops and stash revision of what's in abundance and what not is another way.

1) Guess you didn't play D2 did you? Jackpot loot has been a staple of D2 for a long long time.

2) Currency is currency is currency. Doesn't matter if it's gold, $, sojs, or orbs. They all trade the same. Only difference is itemized currency is a heck of a lot more of a hassle.

3) It's easy to tell what things are worth through a small bit of investigation. POE has a wiki listing all item types and prefixes and suffixes. That information is available to anyone who wants to be prepared for trading. The same thing applies to D3. Flipping will happen in POE just as much as it ever did in D3. And if you think currencies will over time remain at what the vendors are selling them for at launch, you're delusional.

You misread my post. I am pro for a system that utilizes some trading market interface.

I edited my post with a new paragraph. Also your points make little to no sense to beat my arguments, no offence. Won't delve deep on why couse your mindset of reply was not in the right approach.
Última edição por lord_vital em 6 de fev de 2013 14:37:30
My reasons are this:

I like the idea of slowly, gradually accumulating better and better gear, including gems. I HATE the idea of someone jumping into a game and just buying it all. It's like skipping to the end game gear.

This isn't just selfishness, I think it's better for the game. If you play the game without being able to purchase the best stuff on a whim, then while you're grinding your way through, you get a lot of WOO-HOO moments, when you fight an upgrade.

Sure, it might only be a small upgrade, or it might be a unique. By having an AH, you make the level 1 to endgame boring, because a player will never have those little joys along the way. No items that drop will be interesting, other than for buying power. Making the bulk of the leveling process more boring is a bad idea for the game.

My suggestion would be to have a strictly moderated trade only chat channel. No trading is allowed in any other chat channel.

In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
Yeah, rather then have AH in game, u can go buy gear with rl money in 3rd party sites.
Just like D2.

Have it ur way.
"
CD23 escreveu:
I've been fighting this good fight for a while. It's just useless because there are a lot of people out there incapable of critical thinking. The auction house is nice and easy to blame for those with a D3 chip on their shoulder and who are too lazy to do the real critical analysis on why D3 sux.

No need to worry. Most of them will figure out soon enough that bartering adds nothing but hassle to the game. Bartering is tedious, more vulnerable to scams, and introduces a lot of unnecessary hassle. Bartering certainly doesn't provide "community" like the supporters would like you to believe, and bartering doesn't stop flipping, a staple of any game with an economy.

Once D3 fixes the real issues, most will be back to D3 forgetting that the auction house was supposedly an issue at some early point in the game's history.

To fix the real issues they would have to remake the game from scratch. A basic rule of QA/QE testing is that "you cannot test quality in". From automobiles to software, if it isn’t built right in the first place, then it is never going to be right.

Trust me, I'm a Engineer.

(but if you don't trust me, take Google's word on how to deliver a quality product: http://it-ebooks.info/book/1200/)
"
CD23 escreveu:
Spoiler
"
lord_vital escreveu:

1) D3's loot mechanics were specifically designed for the AH, mean drop rates were lowered so that the AH wouldn't be completely flooded with items, causing massive inflation(and the RMAH to not make any cash..). D2 wasn't balanced this way, POE isn't balanced this way.

2) Currency is not just currency if it has other uses. Gold can be used for buying stuff and nothing else. Orbs all have useful functionality, by giving them up you're actually losing an option for yourself, not just lowering an arbitrary number of stuff you have.

3) Vendor prices don't dictate currency values, but they do cap them. Eg. A jeweler's orb will never be worth more than 2 transmutations, because it can be traded for that at a vendor,
"
braddrac escreveu:
1) D3's loot mechanics were specifically designed for the AH, mean drop rates were lowered so that the AH wouldn't be completely flooded with items, causing massive inflation(and the RMAH to not make any cash..). D2 wasn't balanced this way, POE isn't balanced this way.

2) Currency is not just currency if it has other uses. Gold can be used for buying stuff and nothing else. Orbs all have useful functionality, by giving them up you're actually losing an option for yourself, not just lowering an arbitrary number of stuff you have.

3) Vendor prices don't dictate currency values, but they do cap them. Eg. A jeweler's orb will never be worth more than 2 transmutations, because it can be traded for that at a vendor,

1) Believe that if you want, but it's tin-foil nonsense and everyone knows it. I never had problems finding stuff for both my character and to trade for other stuff for my character. The people who can't are bad players and I'm never going to care what bad players think.

2) Just spend gold on crafting. Essentially the same exact result. Anything that is not part of current D3 crafting can be added and again you end up with the same exact result. The fact that POE currency can do something has absolutely no effect whatsoever on its value as a currency. Nobody cares about what the currency can do when they trade for it (unless they are specifically trading for the functionality of the orbs), all they care about is that they can spend that currency on what they want. Just...like...gold...

3) They may cap what you can get from the game, but vendors will never cap the value of a currency in relation to an item.
I'm sure other people have said similar things but I wanted to add my 2 cents on this topic. I agree with people that are saying the AH ruined D3.

So far in playing PoE I have been very happy with the drop rates. I have been able to easily get the gear I am looking for. In the few cases where I was unable to get the item I was looking for I was able to craft it.

My advice to the people who are looking for the AH, stop trading. Go farm up and craft your item. The point of this game is that you don't HAVE to trade. If you impalement an AH then it becomes a required mechanic of the game, which today it is not REQUIRED.

To the OP:

if you spent the hours it too you to make those trades, you probably could have just played the game, had more fun, and found the item you where looking for.

just go play the game
I just pm'd my idea to the guy who has been moderating the trade forum

Its just a thought maybe i've missed some fundamental thing thats going to ruin the economy or whatever but...

Basically everyone gets a "sale" forum tab. When you click a players name you can access their items they have for sale. People drop the items in the tab.

They are still in their normal stash, but they are copied into this other stash tab thats viewable on the forum.

A facility to search for what you are looking for would be useful. The results show everyone who has an item like what you are looking for and you can look into their tabs.

Items like gems will become standardly priced because of this. I think this is good for the game as these items are essential for people and easy access by searching who is selling them is nice.

Items like gear, would still have the bartering feel to them. You dont like someones offer you say no and leave it there until someone makes you an offer you do like.

The single item Auctions on top notch gear could still exist in the forum trade section.

In addition it would mean everytime you're in town you dont have to do the WTS [long list of things you think you can get an alch to a chaos for].

I personally prefer this.

In a nutshell

Possitive: Easier trade system

Negative: Still a tad like an AH system but im not sure its enough to ruin the game and tons of people play the system.

I dunno... if it stays the same so be it... like just frustrates me a little that Gems... when to make your build work are essential are harder to get at a fair price than they should be.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional