Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

I understand where OP is coming from, but adding in an AH would turn the game into a currency grind just like how D3 is a gold grind.

Also the devs would have to lower the drop rates of items substantially to compensate for the fact that the AH makes trading much much more efficient.

Yes, the trading system in place right now pretty much sucks, but I don't think an AH is the answer.

The devs should come up with some improvements in trading because atm I find it is much too tedious and attempting to trade can take hours or more to even sell or buy 1 thing. A middle ground between an AH and the system we have now would be best.

"Who forces you to use it?" was the argument provided against detractors of the AH in D3. AH wasn't the sole reason that game failed to live up to expectations, but I think it contributed to that cause.

I love the bartering system and IIRC it was one of the things GGG was aiming to get into PoE. An AH wouldn't make it disappear, but it would diminish it's use and viability immensely.
I will immediately stop playing this if they add an AH. I've had enough of it in D3 trying to compete with botters and dupers and the annoying friend requests by gold farmers and power levelers. Not to mention the amount of people using terms like "economy", "market", and "effieciency" which belong in a boring workplace presentation not in an enjoyable challenging game.
Don't like it because it doesn't fit in with the atmosphere of the game. An adventurer couldn't just go up to a random auction house and have a pick of anything some other adventurer had found. It kills the atmosphere of the game. Especially in this game. It would totally go against the premise of being dropped off in this land and having to make your own way within a bunch of brutal cut-throats.

Essentially the AH dumbs the game down to gold farming. It makes everyone a gold farmer. It's not even an interesting concept. Sure it works in some games, but I don;t think it flows with this game. Trading meshes with the atmosphere of this game much better.
Little Grey Men are Coming Our Way
Tastes Just Like Chicken They Say
I can agree with OP's general complaint that the trade systems in place currently leave much to be desired. However, an auction house is a cure that's worse than the disease.

'Standard' auction houses are even worse than real-money ones. It's the 'standard' auctions that transform games into currency grinds, kill the enjoyment of good loot drops, and make self-found a joke. Pay-to-win is actually the lesser evil.

For more on this, follow the link in my signature.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Última edição por ScrotieMcB em 6 de fev de 2013 14:03:12
I'm not against it. I wasn't against it in Diablo. Diablo got boring after awhile.
buyed today a qualy gem

had more fun to negotiate about price then i would have with an ah (bazar style)

then again i´m from a generation that doesn´t need instant access to everything

can wait a long time till i get what i want

if you´re not patient i can see you´ll need ah
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I'm one of those thats cool with AH or no AH. I can do the trade chat haggling thing if I must. I also don't feel like having an AH is what ruins a game for me. I enjoyed playing the "AH" in D3 personally. I can see how if its not your thing though it being really annoying. That said, I can imagine the way trading is set up in PoE being very frustrating for some as well. It's takes considerably more time, effort, and knowledge to sell and trade in PoE though thats for sure.
aka Sogonzo
Última edição por gonzo30 em 6 de fev de 2013 14:04:51
Where d3 auction house failed and where PoE succeeded:

Jackpot type of RNG that made you rich once you hit it, witch will happen as the name implies - one i a blue moon. That type of RNG was specifically generated to accommodate the AH i believe. Also the itemization in general. Uniques crappier than blues and most exclusively rares anyone? PoE's crafting and utilization of potentially any item that drops puts d3's system to shame.

Only one currency to rule them all. One does not simply rule them all with one currency. PoE has a crap-load of currencies. So did D2.

No clear way to tell what's worth what. Hence new players get shafted and flippers are born. In PoE even a new player can get an idea what has some worth and where it stays. I mean even the merchants selling the orbs and stuff give a general idea. Also a brief examination of drops and stash revision of what's in abundance and what not is another way.

So i dunno why GGG should repeat blizz's mistakes... Many people disliked the AH from d3 but they disliked it for a reason. If GGG manages to introduce a better system i dunno where is the problem in that...
Última edição por lord_vital em 6 de fev de 2013 14:27:36
I've been fighting this good fight for a while. It's just useless because there are a lot of people out there incapable of critical thinking. The auction house is nice and easy to blame for those with a D3 chip on their shoulder and who are too lazy to do the real critical analysis on why D3 sux.

No need to worry. Most of them will figure out soon enough that bartering adds nothing but hassle to the game. Bartering is tedious, more vulnerable to scams, and introduces a lot of unnecessary hassle. Bartering certainly doesn't provide "community" like the supporters would like you to believe, and bartering doesn't stop flipping, a staple of any game with an economy.

Once D3 fixes the real issues, most will be back to D3 forgetting that the auction house was supposedly an issue at some early point in the game's history.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional