Concentrate Area of Effect

I tried this gem together with Firestorm in an effort to make firestorm not that bad of a spell.

The results were not good at all. Its 160% mana increase are imho too much for its effect. The reduced area effect makes aoe spells almost to single target spells.

Since it also reduces the explosion area of the small fireballs in Firestorm it makes it so that often only a few of them hit the enemy. Without it and increased area of effect passives usually most if not all mini-explosions hit a given enemy.

In the end, while the dps-number on the char screen went up for me it made me effectively do less damage though for a very high increase in mana cost.

Imo it could need a reduce in radius-decrease from 30% to 20% and a boost of 160% mana increase to 150%. Else, it just doesn't seem to be worth using on AoE spells like Firestorm at all.
It's very very good for discharge though.
And pretty good for ice nova too.
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Hello,

This support gem makes no effect on firestorm's radius, the radius no change.
"
stripe666 escreveu:
Hello,

This support gem makes no effect on firestorm's radius, the radius no change.

It works for me.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Does this support affect elemental proliferation?
Will it just reduce the radius or will it also increase burning damage spread by ele prolif?
"
Whomp escreveu:
Does this support affect elemental proliferation?
Will it just reduce the radius or will it also increase burning damage spread by ele prolif?
considering someone asked similar question on elemental prolife thread, not atm but fixed next patch.
won't change damage though of the spread, i'm pretty sure. but it'll change damage of linked skill.
Última edição por soul4hdwn em 7 de set de 2012 23:32:52
I use this support currently with Lightning Nova and to be honest I find it rather annoying.

It would be great if the 2 together made a high damage point blank radius type spell.

Currently it won't damage smaller monsters (the swarmy type) if they are right next to you but still really only hits 1 line of enemies slightly further away.

It would be great if this gem converted Nova into a spell similar to flash in Diablo 1.

Not really a bug but a suggestion to improve the value or this support for its uber mana cost.

Cheers
This support gem is one of the best in the game if you build for it. You need to either take 2 of the AoE passive clusters or use the increased AoE support gem. You need to take a good amount of reduced mana cost passives, and increasing the quality on this gem also reduces the mana cost.

I really do not think that this gem needs to be any stronger, as if used well it can make aoe skills his as hard as single target skills.
Indisponível
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
Does Minion Instability benefits from this?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional