How to reduce some lag/stuttering

"
Tenai91 escreveu:
where do i change it to "read only", theres just the "client.txt" with full of notes, but i dont know where to change it?

Right click on the Client.txt file and click "Properties," then check the box that says "Read Only"
"
NakedBeekeeper escreveu:
"
Tenai91 escreveu:
where do i change it to "read only", theres just the "client.txt" with full of notes, but i dont know where to change it?

Right click on the Client.txt file and click "Properties," then check the box that says "Read Only"

thank you, i found it :)
Not sure if it made stuff better or not, but in any case, it didn't make things worse :) I deleted all text in the log and then put it to Read-Only.

Is the log file actually important? Perhaps there should be a way to stop the client from even writing to it unless wanted (other than read-only)?
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
I'm gonna try this out. My client.txt was over 100 megabytes. I didn't realize it had been saving every single chat message, not just private messages! :o
This is very good tipp - at mine it eliminated stuttering episodes by 70-80%.

Anyone with microstuttering issues should try this.
IGN: Phynomea
I`ll try this. At least I hope it wont harm my poor pc. If it improoves my performance - i will be more than happy.
could we have an opinion from ggg's devs maybe ?
IGN: AfriKanTHOR
If this in fact does have an impact, I would suggest that switch to some kind of buffered IO for the log. Unbuffered IO can be a bad idea for things that happen many times a second. Back in my programming days, this could have been an issue, in theory, with unix/linux application performance, and making sure to use buffered IO was something to help resolve that. Not sure what the Windows equivalent of that is.
Última edição por Courageous em 14 de mai de 2013 17:42:41
I've just done this - it solved my problem. Given the amount of spam that was happening in the chat window, it would probably have been easier just to close trade and global chat. As a new player, however, I actually found this method more intuitive as it wasn't immediately obvious how to turn off chat. Anyway, I've done both now, and no more stuttering. So thank you for the suggested fix.
As for the Dev side of this, will there be any ramifications for making this file read-only?
The only ramifications for making the log read-only is that you will have no usable log file. If that's okay with you, go for it. If you want the log file, keep it writable. It's that simple. :P

It's a log file like for any other game.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional