Shield block question

So if it only plays a block animation when you would have otherwise been stunned by the hit, will Unwavering Stance and Eye of Chayula also prevent the block animation from ever playing?
IGN: Aux
Última edição por Aux em 17 de fev de 2013 16:19:27
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:
yeah im using Crest of perandus unique shield because of 40% block.

i am trying to max block% health and resists. i can always get enough damage from skills/ weapons.

enough damage mind you, not great damage

I play a block Templar that uses Tempest Shield with Elemental Proliferation to spread Shock, Molten Shell with Fire Pen, Chance to ignite, Increased Duration and Firestorm with Increased Duration, Fire Pen and Iron Will. It works incredibly well and I can face tank anything in the game, though I will admit I wussed out and wouldn't take a ground slam from Vaal in Merciless. Currently level 67, I used Crest of Perandus till level 61, that's how awesome of a shield it is. This is my build if you're curious:

"
Aux escreveu:
So if it only plays a block animation when you would have otherwise been stunned by the hit, will Unwavering Stance and Eye of Chayula also prevent the block animation from ever playing?

Yes. Blocking is never a disadvantage.
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
DaveSW escreveu:
If I have a 30% chance to block, does that mean that every single attack directed against me has a 30% chance to miss?
No, it means every attack that hits you (i.e. does not miss) you has a 30% chance to be blocked, thus preventing damage. Blocking is not missing - a blocked hit is still a hit, but it will do no damage, and the attacker's on-hit effects are prevented. Notably, yours are not - spiked shields, which reflect flat damage will hit, will do so when they block, as well as for unblocked hits (as of 0.10.1).
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:
however, once you block an attack there is a short delay in which you can not block another attack, that is where + block recovery % passives and items come into play, they reduce that 'recovery' time between blocked attacks.
This is not true. You can always block if you have block chance.

If you block a hit that would have stunned you, you still take the stun (playing a block animation instead of a stun animation). Block recovery increases reduce the time of that animation/stun. You can still block while stunned.
Blocking a hit that would not stun you, will never play an animation - this ensure blocking is never bad for you (as playing an animation would interrupt your current action, thus effectively apply stun to hits that otherwise wouldn't stun).

wow thanks for the clarification :) that makes block +% amazing
"They... Eats... The Mens..."
IGN: M_Judge
"
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:

i am trying to max block% health and resists. i can always get enough damage from skills/ weapons.

enough damage mind you, not great damage

I play a block Templar that uses Tempest Shield with Elemental Proliferation to spread Shock, Molten Shell with Fire Pen, Chance to ignite, Increased Duration and Firestorm with Increased Duration, Fire Pen and Iron Will. It works incredibly well and I can face tank anything in the game, though I will admit I wussed out and wouldn't take a ground slam from Vaal in Merciless. Currently level 67, I used Crest of Perandus till level 61, that's how awesome of a shield it is. This is my build if you're curious:

Ill check your build in a min, but i would like to know what you changed your shield to at lv 61? i was thinking of Aegis Aurora, if i can find one for sale lol
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:

This shield is an absolute monster. I used it on my level 60+ shadow during closed beta. Max block chance, decent evasion and resists, acrobatics and acceptable but not excessive life and you're a tank. No doubt about it.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Charan escreveu:
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:

This shield is an absolute monster. I used it on my level 60+ shadow during closed beta. Max block chance, decent evasion and resists, acrobatics and acceptable but not excessive life and you're a tank. No doubt about it.

With that shield ill have around 87% block rate at lvl 85-90
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
DaveSW escreveu:
If I have a 30% chance to block, does that mean that every single attack directed against me has a 30% chance to miss?
No, it means every attack that hits you (i.e. does not miss) you has a 30% chance to be blocked, thus preventing damage. Blocking is not missing - a blocked hit is still a hit, but it will do no damage, and the attacker's on-hit effects are prevented. Notably, yours are not - spiked shields, which reflect flat damage will hit, will do so when they block, as well as for unblocked hits (as of 0.10.1).
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:
however, once you block an attack there is a short delay in which you can not block another attack, that is where + block recovery % passives and items come into play, they reduce that 'recovery' time between blocked attacks.
This is not true. You can always block if you have block chance.

If you block a hit that would have stunned you, you still take the stun (playing a block animation instead of a stun animation). Block recovery increases reduce the time of that animation/stun. You can still block while stunned.
Blocking a hit that would not stun you, will never play an animation - this ensure blocking is never bad for you (as playing an animation would interrupt your current action, thus effectively apply stun to hits that otherwise wouldn't stun).

If a blocked hit is still a hit, we would receive the 3 flask charges when the flask has a mod to receive them from a critical (blocked) hit, correct? It is kind of hard to test this and I don't have a feel for what monsters' % to crit is, though I have been thinking about running these over surgeon's sometimes.

I don't totally understand if there is more to why we get interrupted while casting, but I did read about the whole playing a block animation if you would have been stunned thing. Casting portal seems to be interrupted by any hit at all though.

Tip for everyone else: I started running Zealot's Oath (regen ES instead of life, but "% of life" becomes % of ES) because you have 50% chance to not be stunned, and therefore also not play the block animation and be interrupted while casting, whenever you have (any) ES. It also just works well with expanding my "life" pool as a blood magic INT/STR witch.

The only way this might not work so well is if you have super low ES and too many things are hitting you at once and you don't get a chance to regen into your small ES pool. I don't know how often regen "ticks". If you have lower total ES, mods from armor (up to 6.0 per second usually AFAIK) are going to be stronger than increasing your % and going for "% of life" (ES) regen nodes.
Última edição por Chypre em 17 de fev de 2013 21:48:51
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:
"
Charan escreveu:
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:

Block chance caps at 75%.
"
Chypre escreveu:

Block chance caps at 75%.[/quote]

really? man, well i guess ill have more passives for other stuff then. i had forgotten tempest shield as well, my block could have gotten to 91% if there wasnt a cap

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional