Shield block question

And this is actually why it's good to keep some orbs of regret handy. If you happen to find a shield that puts your total block % chance over 75 (given Skilldrasil investment), you can buy those excess points back and spend them elsewhere (more life!).

And should you change shields, you can reverse the process.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Perandus is very nice for leveling but the shield nodes which give +X% "to defenses" seem to fall short using it, especially if you are not evasion or needing life leech. "Defenses" means Armor/Evasion/ES as far as I know.

I feel like 40-50% block will be decent as long as I have 6/7 endurance charges going and somewhat of an ability to avoid stun and keep leeching life by doing damage.

Watch out for the 2 +15% resistances while wearing a shield node to the top left of the tree. They are hidden looking like normal nodes but so good as long as you have a shield on. I hate hitting level 60 because you start to finish the game and skill points slow down. My tree is all stretched out close to a bunch of things I want to hit but it will be a grind and I think I have to blow my respecs if not some regrets to optimize the paths I took.
"
Chypre escreveu:
Perandus is very nice for leveling but the shield nodes which give +X% "to defenses" seem to fall short using it, especially if you are not evasion or needing life leech. "Defenses" means Armor/Evasion/ES as far as I know.

I feel like 40-50% block will be decent as long as I have 6/7 endurance charges going and somewhat of an ability to avoid stun and keep leeching life by doing damage.

Watch out for the 2 +15% resistances while wearing a shield node to the top left of the tree. They are hidden looking like normal nodes but so good as long as you have a shield on. I hate hitting level 60 because you start to finish the game and skill points slow down. My tree is all stretched out close to a bunch of things I want to hit but it will be a grind and I think I have to blow my respecs if not some regrets to optimize the paths I took.

yeah im level 42 and waiting on my ambu's charge at 43. but i already took the +15% all ele resists while wearing a shield (both of them) :), i know im going to have to take the +5% max resist eventually because my fire and lightning are over capped in cruel but cold is still 55% so im going to wait to get more.

interesting thought: i was thinking of getting the 'Stone of Lazhwar' ammy for the 50% of block chance applied to spells. i already have the 12% node from the same node that gives the 15% all res nodes.

^ i was also wondering if i over capped my block chance to say 80%; even though its capped for physical block, would it (with the above amulet) apply a 40% block chance to spells? Or is that 50% capped due to the hard cap of 75% block chance?
"They... Eats... The Mens..."
IGN: M_Judge
i made a witch - lightning - with arc + shock nove + tempest shield + most available nodes for block. it sucks badly. im eaten alive most of the time. the problem is - you do shit dmg with lightning (the range starts with very ow dmg , like 2-100). it was working in diablo 2 where you had very high cast speed and most skills were shooting a lot of "projectiles". but in poe arc totally suck.
tempest shield works only when you block and hits only the one enemy. actually a very bad skill as going for now. its like a single target dmg. doesnt scale pretty well to be useful. the 4% block chance it adds is a joke.
i was runnning with 60 - 70 % block chance on my witch and it was really bad. but its still the way armor works - missed mechanic. and actually any other option doesnt work for this build since using ES shields and counting for block work like evasion right now - when you dont block you gonna be badly beaten in 2 seconds.
again in diablo 2 with 75% block chance you were actually blocking a lot. here with 70% chance you are dead. its really wierd the numbers arent accurate ingame. i dont really know why its like that but i smell some big mistake somewhere in coding or something.

anyway personally i dont recommend the tempest shield + max block builds (espacially with not armor native classes). you dont have anything to cover when you dont block (same problem with evasion).
i got my beta key from Icoblablubb - vielen danke !!!

the first (and only?) 6 linked blue sox on magic armor in beta :P
"
prodiii escreveu:
i made a witch - lightning - with arc + shock nove + tempest shield + most available nodes for block. it sucks badly. im eaten alive most of the time. the problem is - you do shit dmg with lightning (the range starts with very ow dmg , like 2-100). it was working in diablo 2 where you had very high cast speed and most skills were shooting a lot of "projectiles". but in poe arc totally suck.
tempest shield works only when you block and hits only the one enemy. actually a very bad skill as going for now. its like a single target dmg. doesnt scale pretty well to be useful. the 4% block chance it adds is a joke.
i was runnning with 60 - 70 % block chance on my witch and it was really bad. but its still the way armor works - missed mechanic. and actually any other option doesnt work for this build since using ES shields and counting for block work like evasion right now - when you dont block you gonna be badly beaten in 2 seconds.
again in diablo 2 with 75% block chance you were actually blocking a lot. here with 70% chance you are dead. its really wierd the numbers arent accurate ingame. i dont really know why its like that but i smell some big mistake somewhere in coding or something.

anyway personally i dont recommend the tempest shield + max block builds (espacially with not armor native classes). you dont have anything to cover when you dont block (same problem with evasion).

4% block is not a joke, thats huge when the cap is 75% and you want to save a couple extra passives.

arc works fine. i dont know what your build is like but i have seen many arc witches tearing stuff up with 5 others in the zone.

and, at 63% block chance i notice a great deal more survive-ability than if i switch to my 2hander for more damage in groups that dont need a tank.
I was still wondering if i over capped my block chance and used Stone of Lazhwar if the +50% would be based on capped block% or my over capped rate?

for example my block chance is total of 90%, but is capped at 75%
Will my spell block chance be +45% or +37.5%(due to +50% block applied to spells from the ammy)
^ anyone know?
"
Monsterjudge escreveu:
I was still wondering if i over capped my block chance and used Stone of Lazhwar if the +50% would be based on capped block% or my over capped rate?

Based on your overcapped rate.
Both regular and spell block do cap at 75% after calculations.
sweet thanks!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional