[feedback] bored to death

You'd better watch your tongue, punk.

"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
I would disagree with the idea that objectivity and logic are useful in determining what's fun.

How about some statistics?
How many ppl from pre beta times are playing currently/lately?
I guess it's like few per 100 or more.
How many ppl from first beta 'wave' still playing the game?
What's the average daily playing time for ppl registered week/two weeks/month ago?

I don't have an access to such stats, I can only estimate how it looks like for pre-beta users, you should be able to get that.

I guess you could compare that to various popular titles and see how PoE is doing compared to them, there should be some data (at least basic) available on the net.
Última edição por ness em 20 de jan de 2012 13:54:21
"
MaxTheLimit escreveu:
"
tokiih escreveu:
Reading so many negative posts kinda makes me sad...

Don't worry most are from idiots and trolls. It's when we see legitimate arguments against the core of the game that we should be worried that POE might be in trouble.

When posts move from 'HURR game sucks!' to 'PoE is fundamentally flawed because x, y, z. If a, b, and c could be done it may work' when a, b and c can't be done, or won't be done then things may go bad.

No signs of that though, so take the posts for the SPAM they are and only take note of legitimate feedback.

Legitimate feedback from fanboys like you? GGG needs to improve the game, not cater to those who say every feature is good. If you had actually been reading these posts, you'd of seen several clearly defined examples of how PoE is flawed. I suspect you want grandiose details explaining how this could be, and what is needed for a change because in your head, this game is spot-on, but that's simply not the truth. I've talked to a great number of people who have played this beta on various websites and we all agree. 40+ people cannot be wrong, could they? I guess they could in your mind, but this small sampling does not take into account every player every where, yet it is ALL the players I've talked to - have not found anyone with an opinion that differs from mine, except here (I wonder why). The truth is, you are the minority outside of these forums. GGG may have its fanboys here on this website, but outside, where the game really matters, its been getting poor reviews, so wake up and smell the roses, else this game will become another freaking Hellgate: London. I honestly hope the creators take what we're saying seriously and make some drastic changes.
Última edição por Unforgiving em 20 de jan de 2012 13:54:39
You spent that entire post on "but there are people on the internet who agree with me!" and you expect the devs to take it seriously?

Trolling aside, many of the items you list as problems are intentional features - particularly with regards to class identity and item types.
The passives you claim should be on items? They are on items, and stack with said passives.
Item names and graphics are placeholders in many cases - the tiers are already there, if you bother to look.
Class identity? Each has its own aptitudes, but it's a design goal here for players to be able to defy their character's archetypes and take a new direction.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Unforgiving escreveu:
Legitimate feedback from fanboys like you? GGG needs to improve the game, not cater to those who say every feature is good.

Actually if you look through my post history, I'm frequently posting suggestions for changes, and improvements.

"
Unforgiving escreveu:
If you had actually been reading these posts, you'd of seen several clearly defined examples of how PoE is flawed.

I actually wasn't referencing your posts. I said 'most'. I actually enjoyed reading your post because it made propositions, and ways for improvements. The post you recently responded to would be an example of a useless post though. Saying things 'aren't good' or are 'a big failure' without giving reasons or providing suggestions isn't helpful.

"
Unforgiving escreveu:
I suspect you want grandiose details explaining how this could be, and what is needed for a change because in your head, this game is spot-on, but that's simply not the truth.

As I said before you can see clearly that isn't true.

"
Unforgiving escreveu:
I've talked to a great number of people who have played this beta on various websites and we all agree. 40+ people cannot be wrong, could they? I guess they could in your mind, but this small sampling does not take into account every player every where, yet it is ALL the players I've talked to - have not found anyone with an opinion that differs from mine, except here (I wonder why). The truth is, you are the minority outside of these forums. GGG may have its fanboys here on this website, but outside, where the game really matters, its been getting poor reviews, so wake up and smell the roses, else this game will become another freaking Hellgate: London. I honestly hope the creators take what we're saying seriously and make some drastic changes.

You just went through an entire rant, without any valid information about my stance. Yes, there is stuff to fix. Yes there is stuff that has a ways to go. We are still in closed beta though, and I see a lot of potential. I'm betting we see a lot of the same problems, but my opinion isn't that PoE is in trouble because of these, but rather is still in need of refinement. Maybe you feel that these things are putting the very success of the game at risk, and you may be able to support that opinion. I don't feel that way. It's posts that just say 'this sucks' without providing any information I try not to worry about because they don't really mean that much, and you can't really get anything from them anyhow.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Fair enough. My apologies for not listening and being a jerk. I guess I just got overheated and took what you wrote the wrong way. I really appreciate your candor. Lol and I didn't even back my own claims up - I was speaking irrationally. Oh well, sorry.
Well this is the internet. Hard not to assume people are being rude sometimes.

I like the idea of multiple death animations ( for then they aren't smashed or exploded ).

I can't seem to find it here, but someone mentioned multiple animations for attacks. If each attack had say 3 animations with slight variations it might spice up the combat a touch.

I do get the feeling that voice acting and some cut scenes and lore will go a long way. I know it's coming, but I am anxiously awaiting details like these. It's hard to make a world seem alive without these tools for creating engagement.

I do like the game engine, but I would like a bit more interaction with the environment. Like lowering bridges, destroying obstacles like turrets or walls, maybe even short little scripted sequences if at all possible. Like maybe have Brutus have a bit of a theatrical entrance smashing through a wall. Maybe have the Deep Dweller crawl out from an alcove of some sort...stuff like that would break up the game play a bit.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
*shoots the head of the people who blame lack of cooldowns for skills*

I saw 1600 hours of whirlwind and around 800 hours of frozen orb and never got tired of it back in Diablo 2.

Another guy complaining about no full respeccs...

/wrists

What we need now is people complaining you cant build, cant mine, cant jump... Then we know its the end.

Lets not forget "where is my gold?"

"How come this game doesnt support WASD to move?!"

"All we do is kill kill kill!"
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Última edição por Interesting em 20 de jan de 2012 17:14:48
This game sucks. There is so much water in it but you cannot swim.

"
Wittgenstein escreveu:
"
permaximum escreveu:
The game isn't fun because animations and sounds need complete overhaul (killing mobs no fun), voiceacting and a proper story needed for the sense of why we're doing this, passive tree is a big failure, poor itemization (needs more items, set items and more affixes), no powerful skills, very poor boss battles and so many features are missing such as proper trading, grouping, PVP and its ranks.

I would be hopeful for a fun game in the release if there weren't problems with animations, sounds and the passive tree. I don't think they're gonna change. Boss battles are doubtful too.

Have any, actual, ideas?

You know they are working on the story, why is the passive tree a "failure"? what does that even mean? What kind of itemization would you prefer?

You can team if you want (no idea what you are getting at) PvP isn't in the game yet.. and at most, it's a side feature just like every other ARPG so..

What animations have problems? How would you solve them? What would make boss battles more engaging? "No powerful skills" have no idea what that means, quite a few skills seem to lay waste to enemies on a regular basis for me..

1. Passive Tree is Failure.

Putting the same nodes at different places of the tree to make it look complicated is a failure. Getting useless/not exciting passives to reach what you want to get in lots of different places is a failure. Because of this sole reason punishing the players who don't wanna take not exciting but necessary passives is a failure. Knowing the fact that you'll suddenly get stronger compared to same level monsters in a Clevel X after you reach a desired node but you have to survive 10 levels is a failure. Passives which don't have any effect on skills are not fun as long as they are not powerful or gameplay changer.

2. Poor Itemization

Too less item types. Magic - Rare - Unique. There are only a few uniques in the game now. More item types such as sets and very very rare legendary items are needed. There are less item tiers. Makes you want to wait for a specific level to use a better gear. Higher tier items with the same type is 90% of a time are better. Means there are no exciting moments if a rare drop's tier is low.

Too less affixes and there are no dramatic gameplay changer affixes. Generally you'll know what affixes you'll see and you'll need.

Need of proper sockets eliminates most of the drops. Upgrading your gear becomes harder with the fact that there are less tiers and higher tiers are better.

Orb system. This is the most important one. The game is all about orbs. Get a white item with the highest tier you can use and make it rare with the orb. No more item hunts. Only orb hunts. Upgrade it's quality with an another orb until you get to next tier. You're done.

3. Grouping

You can team if you want but there is no need for grouping in an online-only game, there aren't any ways other than chat to find a group in an heavily-instanced game, there is a punishment of pure-FFA loot system. There's no proper UI for parties.

4. PVP

No, it isn't in the game. But that's not a side feature. That's the first feature believe it or not. I can prove it statistically if you want. Most of the players do PVE because of the sole purpose of getting better at PVP.

5. Animations.

Monster death and attack/hit animations with less impact have problems. I would solve them by completely changing the way I designed them at the first place. Focusing my attention on the impact and feel instead of getting it look right. Monsters bend like ballerinas and scream like vuvuzelas in Diablo games.

6. Boss Battles.

Bosses should be given identiy and background. You should feel you're getting close to a Boss (this one is right with Merveil). When you enter his room/chamber whatever, he should say something like "Ah, frest meat", should use terrifying and powerful attacks you won't see in the game and when he's dying he shouldn't just fall into ground. After you defeat a boss you should see environment changes and your character should say something like "Spirits of the damned are now avenged."

7. Powerful Skills.

Examples:
D1's chain lightning, apocalypse, fire wall etc..
D2's fire Wall, fist of heavens, lightning, tornada, twister etc.
D3's meteor, exploding palm, locust swarm, disintegrate etc.

I can't see even one such a skill in PoE.

Edit: I should add that I can't see a way for GGG to adress animations/sounds and the passive tree. In the same time other issues have potential to be adressed.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Última edição por permaximum em 20 de jan de 2012 18:58:41
1. passive skill tree.

The same nodes, are at different locations, because it serves a balancing purpose and because different people are starting at different locations, but everyone needs (or could need) access to similar nodes.

The game doesn't "punish" people for not taking passives because they are "boring" the game "punishes" players for not taking certain passives, because they are critical for success. Every game like this has certain features that you simply must invest in, in order to be succesful. In D2 if you completely avoid getting resistances, you're screwed, but that isn't a bad thing.

2. Items..

Yes we need more uniques (they are coming) possibly need sets.. people disagree on that one. The tiers are currently set for the actual level cap (according to content available) and as such, I have no issues with them. If you feel that you can't upgrade something because you'll find something better down the road.. well, thats just a personal choice.

You make a point about it being "all about orbs" well.. why does that matter? What is the difference between hunting for orbs or hunting for items?

3. Teams...

Why do they need to provide an incentive to team over and above.. teaming? Never really understood that, and I have read a lot of posts about it. If you feel that teaming is unrewarding, don't team.

4. PvP

Please prove that it's the best feature and the most important one... D3 is made by the kings of ARPGs (like it or not) and even they have said that they care little about PvP balance. Did TQ even have PvP? Did Sacred? I never heard/engaged in it.. but, maybe that's just me.

5. Animations

You are well aware that they plan on releasing aesthetic upgrades for attack animations via the store.. so why are you suprised that they are underwhelming now? If they weren't underwhelming.. why would you pay for the
optional ones?

6. Boss battles.

I agree, they are underwhelming and uninteresting by and large. But, I've never really found any of the boss battles in any ARPG all that impressive.

7. Powerful skills

Not really sure what you meant by listing skills in Diablo games. I guess you did that because you like those skills.. but I really don't see any difference between them, and the ones in PoE.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional