American evening Race Event times updated

"
Destruktor escreveu:
"
Huaojozu escreveu:
"
Destruktor escreveu:
Wow 9 pages of whining. Obviously people don't understand that after this season is over, those uniques will not be available again with that artwork. And not everybody will have one because most people will be too busy whining about the race awards in a F2P HARDCORE ARPG to actually race. I don't know how many times GGG has stated this game is for the hardcore crowd, and that doesn't necessarily mean the >8 hours a day players, just those that like a ruthless and hardcore experience. I have nothing against "casual" players, but seriously? You come to a hardcore ARPG PC game and bitch about it not being casual enough. LOL, there's always your 360 and ps3 waiting to be played.

I for one can't wait for the races to start, and I'll be sure to use my fancy Redbeak and Wanderlust. I just wish the artwork was the same for in game appeances.

How exactly does alternate appearance matter if others cant see it (even if it were on useful Uniques)? You cant brag with it, since it looks the exact same as on other characters. As a person before me said, they just look different while sitting in stash not being used.

Well as my last line said I wish in game appearance was the same as the actual artwork. That is one thing I really think GGG should work on, but I'm sure they will with time. I normally don't put much faith in any company, but so far I've been impressed with the decisions GGG has made. I would be disappointed if they do not eventually update the physical in game art for these uniques (including existing uniques).

Regardless, they still look really cool and I guarantee you 5 months from now someone will pay high for one of those alt-art uniques.

And this is the problem. I do play 8 hours a day and more on weekends but the race time are 80% in work hours for me, meaning I won't have the ability to compete for these items, so when others do sell them for currency, they will be at an advantage to me, not by how "hardcore" or by how much they can play, but simply because they live in another place to others.

GGG won't sell an in-game advantage to players, but they have no issue fixing race times for the same result

I just won't support the game financially any more if this is to remain the case.
Gatesy
Garriff
Cuddlz
BorrowedTime
Última edição por H2oGatesy em 21 de fev de 2013 20:24:15
"
H2oGatesy escreveu:

And this is the problem. I do play 8 hours a day and more on weekends but the race time are 80% in work hours for me, meaning I won't have the ability to compete for these items, so when others do sell them for currency, they will be at an advantage to me, not by how "hardcore" or by how much they can play, but simply because they live in another place to others.

GGG won't sell an in-game advantage to players, but they have no issue fixing race times for the same result

I just won't support the game financially any more if this is to remain the case.

I'm sure you knew this but that 80% number is pulled out of your bum.

There are over 100 races and they are split pretty evenly between early afternoon, mid day, and evening races (33% each time of day, give or take a few percent).

Hell, 1/3 of them start at 10pm at night. Where exactly are your 8 hours spent? I see tons of opportunity for everyone to get a bunch of races in. I'm very interested to hear your detailed play times and schedule, sincerely.

Also, things are definitely subject to change. This is their first try at this new system during the beta, so that last comment just came off entitled and snarky. I'm pretty sure they will do what they can to make it work for as many people as possible (they already did a really great job of that imo). They have demonstrated this already with their recent time adjustments.

EDIT

Just to illustrate:

~17% of the races are very early morning, starting 6-7AM
~29% are early afternoon, starting 12-1PM
~27% are late afternoon, starting 4-5PM
~27% are later night, starting 10PM

The early morning races are understandably the lowest amount, but it's still 20 races. If you make all of those and then a a few others once in a while you would be right where the majority is, which is probably less than half of the races done (I estimate the low to mid 30's being the amount of races most people get to do).

I don't see how they can really get any more fair than the current time distribution, but I bet money that GGG will damn well try.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Última edição por Glowyrm em 21 de fev de 2013 21:12:41
"
Glowyrm escreveu:

Just to illustrate:

I'm sure I am with a small part of the community but I work 1:30pm - 10:00pm

so I can't make the 12-1pm or 10pm times. Obviously I'll be at work for the 4pm-5pm and I'll be asleep most likely for the 6-7am ones lol.

Ah well, weekends I'll be able to join anyways =)
"
Glowyrm escreveu:
EDIT

Just to illustrate:

The early morning races are understandably the lowest amount, but it's still 20 races. If you make all of those and then a a few others once in a while you would be right where the majority is, which is probably less than half of the races done (I estimate the low to mid 30's being the amount of races most people get to do).

in your timezone this may be true.

for those of us in NZ the start times for the weekday events are:

12 am (midnight)
6 am
10 am
3pm/4pm

the only ones i could feasibly participate in are 1hr races that start at 6am, but my workday is pretty much 8am to 8pm so that's not really much of an option.

there's not one race event timeslot that occurs in early/late evening for us.

on this evidence races are pretty much off the cards for me unfortunately.

Última edição por ualac em 21 de fev de 2013 21:29:41
"
Glowyrm escreveu:
"
H2oGatesy escreveu:

I'm sure you knew this but that 80% number is pulled out of your bum.

There are over 100 races and they are split pretty evenly between early afternoon, mid day, and evening races (33% each time of day, give or take a few percent).

Hell, 1/3 of them start at 10pm at night. Where exactly are your 8 hours spent? I see tons of opportunity for everyone to get a bunch of races in. I'm very interested to hear your detailed play times and schedule, sincerely.

Also, things are definitely subject to change. This is their first try at this new system during the beta, so that last comment just came off entitled and snarky. I'm pretty sure they will do what they can to make it work for as many people as possible (they already did a really great job of that imo). They have demonstrated this already with their recent time adjustments.

EDIT

Just to illustrate:

I don't see how they can really get any more fair than the current time distribution, but I bet money that GGG will damn well try.

I don't really think you need my input.... You seem to have worked it out for yourself!

But just to help you the times for me are;

4am
8am
1 or 2pm
10pm (and I believe it's 18 races?)
Gatesy
Garriff
Cuddlz
BorrowedTime
but the time still not suitable for asian =(
Perhaps GGG can consider a 25-hour time-schedule on weekdays for season 2? This can become completely agnostic to timezones. This is a suggested format:

There are two possible ways to do the 25-horu scheduling.
(1)
- You have a race every 6 hours 15 minutes, to make 4 per 25-hour day. They can be paired at 2-hour/3-hour solo/party races.
- So day 1 may look like 8pm, 2.15am, 8.30am, 2.45pm.
- On day 2 this becomes 9pm, 3.15am, 9.30am, 3.45am.
- A slot that on 8pm day 1, will be 9pm day 2, 10pm day 3, etc.
- Over the span of ~30 working days, each hour slot is roughly covered 5 times. Or to be more exact, people will have generally have 1 each of hh.00, hh.15, hh.30, and hh.45, and an extra one depending on the starting times of day 1.

(2)
- You have a race every 6 hours and add an hour at the end to make 4 per 25-hour day. They can be paired at 2-hour/3-hour solo/party races.
- So day 1 may look like 8pm, 2am, 8am, 2pm.
- On day 2 this becomes 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3am.
- A slot that on 8pm day 1, will be 9pm day 2, 10pm day 3, etc.
- Over a span of ~30 working days (6 weeks), Each hour slot will be covered exacyly 5 times.
- there's a 7 hour gap that we cannot balance with the 6-hour gaps.

= = =
- Weekends have a separate system hold more special party/solo races at designated times.

- Why 6 hours? You'll have 9~10 hours between two races on a given day, which will be enough for workers and their commuting and sleepers.
- The ~30-working day period will ensure that people with fixed 40-hr weeks will have exactly 5 days at their optimum hours, once each on Monday~Friday for those to work part time.
- The rolling will ensure that every possible 8-hour shift is covered plus small travel time.

If you're working 12-hour shifts, I'm sorry you'll have to make do with the 15~16 hours between the 1st and 4th race.
Última edição por zharmad em 22 de fev de 2013 04:12:55
Chris, is anything being done about the Aussie times? Even ignoring the Job vs. PoE issue (which is a serious issue if you ask me), most of these races are at crazy hours for anyone playing on the Singapore server. There are sixty two races that are either at 1:00am or 5:00am local server time. Is that not a tad ridiculous?
Última edição por facehead em 22 de fev de 2013 04:28:12
Could there be like a export button for the calander? I would like to import it in either outlook or whatever so I can then easily delete the options which are not viable and get notified for the ones which are :)

Pretty please?

- Wekepepew
I like the new times. Thanks GGG!
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional