American evening Race Event times updated

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RPG !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
ualac escreveu:
"
H2oGatesy escreveu:
I thought you guys would care a bit more about players outside the us... Guess I was wrong, oh well looks like AUS/NZ players can get into about 18 races out of 107 in season 1.... Maybe we don't work?

we dont count.

seriously though, there is no way they (GGG) can cater to everyone in the world in regards to times. it is just not possible. im sure they'll do some swapping around in subsequent 'seasons' to accommodate as many players as possible.

( still.. having all races at decent aus/nz times would have been a nice bonus for us considering how high our latency is :P )

I guess I was hoping for more of a spread of races, be nice if we could compete in 30% of the races, as it stands we have the ability to compete in about one tenth, and with a quick average of the point system I guess a good player may get 80-100 points for the season, and if your only average or miss a few of the 18 available to us then it's almost pointless as you MAY make the first reward which will have almost zero value as every man and his dog will have one.

/rant off
Gatesy
Garriff
Cuddlz
BorrowedTime
"
Reedman escreveu:
Looks like I'll be competing in even less events now that the times aren't good on Australians with jobs anymore.

I'm in US east times zone and I definitely empathize with you. The change of times still didn't really improve anything for the US east people with jobs. A 10pm start time is still way too late for people who work 8-5. I could handle a 1 hour race starting at 10 but anything past that is pushing it and going to make me a zombie at work. Considering there is no real incentive to run individual races and I can only run around 10% of the races I'm probably not even going to bother. I was so excited for races but now I'm completely let down.
Última edição por Bcider em 20 de fev de 2013 23:33:46
The challenge of running a race at exactly the right time for people to play when they get home from work before going to sleep in every timezone in the world is harder than I thought :(

At the moment we hit good times for Europe and Western America. Okay-ish times for Australia and Eastern America (10pm?). We'd need to have dozens of events in the evenings to get perfect coverage here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thanks for the changes Chris! This is definitely more manageable being on the East Coast in the States and working a full time job!
Heh these new times suck for me, the old ones were better. I get off at 10PM so the 11PM races were great but now it's 9Pm where I live for evening ones. Oh well glad that I'm in the minority so other people will get to enjoy it.
"
Chris escreveu:
The challenge of running a race at exactly the right time for people to play when they get home from work before going to sleep in every timezone in the world is harder than I thought :(

At the moment we hit good times for Europe and Western America. Okay-ish times for Australia and Eastern America (10pm?). We'd need to have dozens of events in the evenings to get perfect coverage here.

Why not just rotate the times every week? Most people who work the normal 8-5 job would love start times of around 7 or 8 pm. If every major area could get these start times at least 1 week of the season I believe many people would be much happier.
"
VoxelSquid escreveu:
"
oBLACKIECHANo escreveu:
There is no incentive to race at all with these prizes

IMO, the purpose of races is to provide a fun event for players to participate in, not to act as currency dispensers. The prizes you get for winning should *not* provide a significant gameplay advantage to your main characters, because then races will just become a more efficient way to farm items/currency. Think of the race prizes as cosmetic items, like pets and effects from the microtransaction store. The point of having them is not because they are useful, but because they give you bragging rights.
Races should be a more efficient way to farm, actually, because races require more skill than mindless group grinding.

There are no bragging rights with the current system. All it shows is that you played a lot of races, not that you were particularly good at them. The only bragging right is a Demigod's Triumph, but everyone else comes out empty handed.
I live in Aus and work, terrible times and tbh this kinda makes me not wanna play the game at all, just really disapointing...
The new times kinda blows for us Nords in europe, but i guess with the current system it's impossible to make everyone happy, although it's so sad for us to see so many solo races be unplayable :<

I wonder if it's not possible to make the races work of local timezones, so that while an American, European and Australian won't race at the same time, they will still compete for the same race, or just extend the duration of the race but limiting your ability to participate more than once? (The second approach might lead to problems with smurf accounts though)
This would give everybody an equal chance to enter all races, no matter where they are from, instead of forcing us to get up at 3AM.
Última edição por Norre em 21 de fev de 2013 01:02:39

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional