[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
jordan02 escreveu:
thanks dude your right :) tanky low damage stun looks bad lol but why only zerker and not slayer for sunder mobs too ? Cause i will play hc and i dont wants be too close from mobs with heavy.. and sunder im not too close from them... ( do you understand? lol )

is cause with leap slam we can now stun them with the passive ascendant ? and finish them with heavy strike ? is it a good clearspeed? :)

Slayer with Impact splash and Ancestral Call is going to deal multiple times the damage compared to Sunder. I understand the advantage of Sunder being a “ranged” skill, but I feel Heavy Strike may be safer due to more reliable stun-locking.

It really depends on your HC play style but I would use Heavy Strike; you should try both out and see what you like better.
Conversation about using Chieftan
Spoiler

"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
Notum escreveu:
Haha, while reading another guide I had a really silly thought: what about using a scorching ray totem to debuff their fire res even further (since we need to have a totem down anyway)? Hahaha, thinking about it is too much fun, even if it's bad. ;)

Scorching Ray totem is pretty commonly used and is not a silly thought. As we don’t need Warchief to apply bleed or Maim Support debuff anymore, it can be a good choice. The increased damage from endurance charges is not going to be significant. It is way too easy to get increased damage and we have at least 750% increased damage in total, making additional 10% increased damage equivalent to less than 1.5% more damage.

There are quite a few changes to be made switching from Berserker to Chieftain and more calculations need to be done. I would probably spend some time after a while(gonna take a 12 hour flight tomorrow) and I will put up some more response after I reach some solid conclusions.

Btw, I don’t see Berserker’s 40% more damage needed to 30%. From what I have seen it’s still 40%?

So to calculate Chieftain's viability, I manually set up a Chieftain on PoB. I started with my Berserker PoB page, wrote in the new chieftain ascendancy bonuses into a jewel and equipped that jewel into a new socket.

List of PoB Input
Spoiler

Switched on Xoph's Blood; picked the setting "Is the enemy covered in Ash?"; picked Lava Lash passive notable; switched on the Wise Oak and a Ruby flask(took out Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's Promise as they are no longer effective); switched on Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Fire Penetration(took out Bloodlust, Maim, Damage on Full Life); changed glove enchant to Elemental Weakness; Changed Warchief to Scorching Ray totem(they actually provide similar DPS).

Didn't switch to Anger as it sucks; didn't add Flammability as there aren't too many reliable ways to apply this curse.

"
brightwaha escreveu:

After all those effort, PoB tells me that the DPS is 637K. This is very bad because the Berserker version has 1.17m DPS(part of the DPS is conditional, relying on being hit recently; without this condition I deal 1.08m DPS). Interestingly, after deselecting all ascendancy points from the Berserker version, it says 635k DPS; this means that basically any class(actually only Marauder, Duelist, Templar and Scion due to passive tree location) with any ascendancy can deal at least as much damage as this Chieftain version.

So... now I don't see Chieftain being a viable choice for this build anymore.

Damn man, those're some depressing numbers. With trickster getting 45% more damage (minimum...) it's sad to see Chieftan in such a sorry state. I'll probably still try running him as my league starter, but I'm glad to know that I'll have some limits in terms of stunning things. Just for reference, what's a good target for for damage to stun red-maps consistently? In the end, this character may end up being relegated to clearing maps with IB, but it'll be fun to see where I can take the stun-foolery! Thanks for working hard!
Tectonic Strike maybe another alternative to Sunder now
yur'oure insane dude
"
Notum escreveu:

"
brightwaha escreveu:
After all those effort, PoB tells me that the DPS is 637K. This is very bad because the Berserker version has 1.17m DPS(part of the DPS is conditional, relying on being hit recently; without this condition I deal 1.08m DPS). Interestingly, after deselecting all ascendancy points from the Berserker version, it says 635k DPS; this means that basically any class(actually only Marauder, Duelist, Templar and Scion due to passive tree location) with any ascendancy can deal at least as much damage as this Chieftain version.

So... now I don't see Chieftain being a viable choice for this build anymore.

Damn man, those're some depressing numbers. With trickster getting 45% more damage (minimum...) it's sad to see Chieftan in such a sorry state. I'll probably still try running him as my league starter, but I'm glad to know that I'll have some limits in terms of stunning things. Just for reference, what's a good target for for damage to stun red-maps consistently? In the end, this character may end up being relegated to clearing maps with IB, but it'll be fun to see where I can take the stun-foolery! Thanks for working hard!

A good way to think of this is that, my Berserker right now can moderately consistently stun lock Shaper. Let's say I am dealing 1.17m DPS and Chieftain deals 637k(probably there's some other ways to gain higher DPS). That's a 1.84 more damage difference.

Then we consider this:
Life pool of endgame bosses according to PoEDB:
-T15 boss: 3 million.
-Uber Izaro: 4 million.
-Elder Guardians: 8 million.
-Guardians: 10-12 million.
-Elder: 16 million.
-Shaper: 20 million.

Shaper's 20 million divided by 1.84 is going to be around 10+ million, exactly the life pool of Guardians. So basically, it's just the Elder and Shaper stunning business you will have trouble with.

BTW, I really think Trickster 45% more damage(not really more damage but close enough) means some balance changes. I am guessing damage conversion mechanics is going to be changed; maybe I am completely wrong, we will see in the patch notes later today.
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
Tectonic Strike maybe another alternative to Sunder now

While the effect looks nice, I do hate the fact that there's built-in damage conversion. With this build we don't want that as elemental damage is less effective compared to physical.

So I doubt if it will be a good choice. Or maybe it offers good AoE so I end up using it anyways. We will need to try it out to tell if it's good.
Once PoB is updated I'll try and calculate if Tec Strike is better than Sunder. And as i use the ele variation shouldn't matter as much
Hey, i'm surprised to see your build.

I was working on a (rather similar) build with the scion without doing all the stuff for the endgame boss.

Is it ok if i'm posting it?
Many nodes are the same after all and i don't want you to feel stolen.
I will put a link to your post because you're definitly more efficient with all your experience.

I'm still a newbe :)

Why Scion ?
Because it looks like most of the people are playing Something else and nobody on the forum is writing that's she's bullshit. Wich means that most of the time she's a secondary choice.
I decided that i would try to make a strong simple build with her.

I'm playing with sunder and heavy strike. I learned from you the jewel "Weight of the empire".
I have a 4 link full damage vengeance.
I'm using a 4 links totem for the boss only (moar damage).
The jump is in a 4 links too but i think i'm going to change that. I discover the CWDT a few days ago and i may use it with the red spell that make you invicible (forgot the name).
Última edição por Morne76 em 28 de fev de 2018 10:02:32
"
Morne76 escreveu:
Hey, i'm surprised to see your build.

I was working on a (rather similar) build with the scion without doing all the stuff for the endgame boss.

Is it ok if i'm posting it?
Many nodes are the same after all and i don't want you to feel stolen.
I will put a link to your post because you're definitly more efficient with all your experience.

I'm still a newbe :)

Why Scion ?
Because it looks like most of the people are playing Something else and nobody on the forum is writing that's she's bullshit. Wich means that most of the time she's a secondary choice.
I decided that i would try to make a strong simple build with her.

I'm playing with sunder and heavy strike. I learned from you the jewel "Weight of the empire".
I have a 4 link full damage vengeance.
I'm using a 4 links totem for the boss only (moar damage).
The jump is in a 4 links too but i think i'm going to change that. I discover the CWDT a few days ago and i may use it with the red spell that make you invicible (forgot the name).

Feel free to post your build. The ideas behind this build is very simple and I wouldn't be surprised at all if people come up with something similar.

Personally, my current thoughts on the Scion variation of this stun build is that if you go for Resolute Technique it's just a weaker Slayer.

I do think there is a probability that working on crit may work with Scion. Assassin start for crit nodes and maybe Juggernaut for accuracy, Slayer for leech or Hierophant for dual totem(Warchief + Protector buffs).

Anyway, you might be working on a completely different approach. Please let me know if you decide to post your build, I am interested in seeing it.
My anderstanding of the ascendancy for the stun-build :

Currently, i took Slayer-Raider :
Slayer : 40% increased damage against boss and life leech not removed at full life.
Raider : 10% Frenzy on hit against boss and onslaught once full charge.

With the patch i'm probably going to change my choices :

1- Slayer is weaker (for this build) : He is losing some damage against boss.
He's getting an immunity to physical reflect. It's nice for the maps. The current 50% physical reflection is useless. I'm still os with a sunder.
Culling strike is useless because i got it with a stun.
Leech when full life is nice but i'm playing with blood magic wich mean i'm already always leeching. I have to make more test to determine how strong it really is.

2- Raider : this ascendant is the same with a 20% damage bonus.

3- Berzerker : 10% more damage, 2% life leech, 5% increased damage taken. No rage gain against a boss.

4- Juggernaut : Stun immunity (1 passive free), endurance charge game.

5- Trickster : 15% chance for a 50% extra chaos damage.

You wrote that to stun a boss you need a lot of damage too.
The 2 jewels "Weight of the empire" give 40% chance for double damage.
The 15% from the trickster is another way to get a burst without investing in the crit world.
If we sum up this 2 burst we end up with only 51% chance to not have any form of burst when the scion is using Heavy Strike. That's better than 60%.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional