[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
Well Berserker didn't get completely messed up. But gems for him are most likely going to be different now. How does HS-Melee Phys-AC-Ruthless-Melee Splash-Maim sound? If single target then run Bloodlust supp

I actually believe the Berserker change is a buff due to the boost in clear speed.

I don't like running Heavy Strike on a Berserker as Berserker doesn't really have any increase to AoE radius. Slayer clears fine with Heavy Strike because 1. doesn't need Melee Splash Gem; 2. can clear a whole pack with Heavy Strike due to the increase to AoE radius.

So I would recommend Sunder. We will need to replace the Damage on Full Life Support with something different. We should choose from Increased Area of Effect Support, Concentrated Effect, Brutality, Onslaught, etc.
Hello there, you've got a great build guide and i am probably going to try it out in 3.2.

I was wondering why you don't include a warlord's mark in your gem setup(or a warlord's mark on hit mod in a ring) since it provides 10% chance to stun and reduced Stun and Block Recovery, at least against the most difficult to stun bosses like Shaper.
"
katsarolaki escreveu:
Hello there, you've got a great build guide and i am probably going to try it out in 3.2.

I was wondering why you don't include a warlord's mark in your gem setup(or a warlord's mark on hit mod in a ring) since it provides 10% chance to stun and reduced Stun and Block Recovery, at least against the most difficult to stun bosses like Shaper.

This is a plot I made a long while ago
Spoiler

Basically, the problem with Warlord's Mark is that, against trash mobs, we don't need the additional chance to stun; against bosses(Shaper, Guardians), the curse effectiveness is multiplied by 0.2.

2% additional chance to stun is actually very minor. On our Ruthless hit, we are likely to have good stun chances to begin with; let's say we have 60%, adding 2% to it is 62%, it's just not significant enough.

So we either want Vulnerability to gain some DPS, or Temporal Chains. Temporal Chains may prolong stun duration and is the most effective in Shaper fight.
nvm
Última edição por Akibatsu em 26 de fev de 2018 22:25:52
"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
Well Berserker didn't get completely messed up. But gems for him are most likely going to be different now. How does HS-Melee Phys-AC-Ruthless-Melee Splash-Maim sound? If single target then run Bloodlust supp

I actually believe the Berserker change is a buff due to the boost in clear speed.

I don't like running Heavy Strike on a Berserker as Berserker doesn't really have any increase to AoE radius. Slayer clears fine with Heavy Strike because 1. doesn't need Melee Splash Gem; 2. can clear a whole pack with Heavy Strike due to the increase to AoE radius.

So I would recommend Sunder. We will need to replace the Damage on Full Life Support with something different. We should choose from Increased Area of Effect Support, Concentrated Effect, Brutality, Onslaught, etc.

As someone who played the build in berserker I dont feel the damage reduction from melee splash. So I stuck to HS and still was able to kill upto t15s. Also have you considered Juggernaut? I'm thinking of trying this build in the next league with Slayer. So is VP necessary for him?
"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
Notum escreveu:
Haha, while reading another guide I had a really silly thought: what about using a scorching ray totem to debuff their fire res even further (since we need to have a totem down anyway)? Hahaha, thinking about it is too much fun, even if it's bad. ;)

Scorching Ray totem is pretty commonly used and is not a silly thought. As we don’t need Warchief to apply bleed or Maim Support debuff anymore, it can be a good choice. The increased damage from endurance charges is not going to be significant. It is way too easy to get increased damage and we have at least 750% increased damage in total, making additional 10% increased damage equivalent to less than 1.5% more damage.

There are quite a few changes to be made switching from Berserker to Chieftain and more calculations need to be done. I would probably spend some time after a while(gonna take a 12 hour flight tomorrow) and I will put up some more response after I reach some solid conclusions.

Btw, I don’t see Berserker’s 40% more damage needed to 30%. From what I have seen it’s still 40%?

So to calculate Chieftain's viability, I manually set up a Chieftain on PoB. I started with my Berserker PoB page, wrote in the new chieftain ascendancy bonuses into a jewel and equipped that jewel into a new socket.

List of PoB Input
Spoiler

Switched on Xoph's Blood; picked the setting "Is the enemy covered in Ash?"; picked Lava Lash passive notable; switched on the Wise Oak and a Ruby flask(took out Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's Promise as they are no longer effective); switched on Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Fire Penetration(took out Bloodlust, Maim, Damage on Full Life); changed glove enchant to Elemental Weakness; Changed Warchief to Scorching Ray totem(they actually provide similar DPS).

Didn't switch to Anger as it sucks; didn't add Flammability as there aren't too many reliable ways to apply this curse.

After all those effort, PoB tells me that the DPS is 637K. This is very bad because the Berserker version has 1.17m DPS(part of the DPS is conditional, relying on being hit recently; without this condition I deal 1.08m DPS). Interestingly, after deselecting all ascendancy points from the Berserker version, it says 635k DPS; this means that basically any class(actually only Marauder, Duelist, Templar and Scion due to passive tree location) with any ascendancy can deal at least as much damage as this Chieftain version.

So... now I don't see Chieftain being a viable choice for this build anymore.
I think slayer got a nerf (for map clearing not boss killing).

To use Impact you have to choose to loose one of these:

1-Permanent Onslaught / Culling strike.

2-That Juicy Life Leech (Which will be in Brutal Fervour).

An alternative is keep both of those nodes (Ignore Impact) and use a melee splash gem (= loosing a support gem). Or Swap out Ancestral call with melee Splash. Have to wait and see how it will perform.
Última edição por HunterMoon em 27 de fev de 2018 09:46:49
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
As someone who played the build in berserker I dont feel the damage reduction from melee splash. So I stuck to HS and still was able to kill upto t15s. Also have you considered Juggernaut? I'm thinking of trying this build in the next league with Slayer. So is VP necessary for him?

If you like Heavy Strike you can definitely clear with it, there is nothing wrong with it. AoE choice imo depends heavily on playstyle; if you like it, it's the best choice for you.

As for Juggernaut: I don't think the Juggernaut Ascendancy revamp is out yet(currently, I see Juggernaut and Scion changes being the only ones not revealed). Juggernaut has some potential to be good, but it has always been a defensive ascendancy, and I don't think Juggernaut is going to get huge DPS buff in the upcoming ascendancy change. This will make it so that Juggernaut can be quite tanky but will feel lackluster in endgame. We will see when it comes out.

As for Slayer: after the ascendancy changes, the leech effects not removed at full life now costs 2 notables to reach(Endless Hunger + Brutal Fervour; 4 ascendancy points in total). Because the other 4 notables are all pretty good, I actually think we should skip these leech nodes. If the leech nodes are skipped, then we definitely shouldn't pick VP; if you decide to pick these leech nodes, then VP can be good.
"
HunterMoon escreveu:
I think slayer got a nerf (for map clearing not boss killing).

To use Impact you have to choose to loose one of these:

1-Permanent Onslaught / Culling strike.

2-That Juicy Life Leech (Which will be in Brutal Fervour).

An alternative is keep both of those nodes (Ignore Impact) and use a melee splash gem (= loosing a support gem). Or Swap out Ancestral call with melee Splash. Have to wait and see how it will perform.

Your point is valid, but there are some other changes.

1. Impact now offers 100% splash damage instead of 50%. This basically means double AoE damage. How good is double damage? It basically means a 4-link in 3.2 deals as much AoE damage as a 6-link in 3.1.

2. We can totally skip Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour. It won't affect our mapping too much. Reasons will be given below.

Reasons
Spoiler

I didn't like the old Slayer leech + VP combo that much to begin with. No regen can be pretty bad in many many cases. Without VP, the consistent 20% is good, but still isn't needed. We can stun most enemies and the consistent leech just isn't that good for this build.

After the ascendancy changes, if we skip Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour, we can now pick Overwhelm(which is also buffed). What's good about Overwhelm is that everything we see gets stunned 100%(I think the only exception being the low life rogue exile) and we get the sweet stun duration bonus as well. We can now Leap Slam into a pack and the Leap Slam is going to stun all of them for quite a while. We are just not going to get hit by anything besides occasionally by ranged mobs.

So while mapping, both offense and defense are looking good. The only problem in my opinion is certain boss fights with heavy, inevitable, consistant damage. Examples being Minotaur, maybe Kitava, maybe Trio if you like to stand inside the degen zone. During these fights losing the consistent 20% leech is going to hurt; otherwise I don't really think the leech matters too much.

So while I do agree that the changes are overall nerfs to the Slayer ascendancy as a whole, but for this build it's actually a significant buff.
would using frost blades as a clear skill work?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional