[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
I legit hope for a Tidebreaker buff or it becoming a fated to have a even more powerful mace. That would be fun

That would be great(probably too good) but honestly I don’t think it will happen. Tidebreaker is a solid endgame weapon already and I think probably it won’t be changed at all.

The nerfs I am expecting are nerfs to ele conversion, nerfs to Slayer and probably Berserker, nerf to Ancestral Call’s secondary effects, nerf to projectiles.

Buffs are highly random and I suspect this build might be buffed if any of the new uniques are useful. There may be some new unique good for Brutality(anything that scales physical damage, but not in the form of additional ele damage) synergies or some unique good for single target skills; not very likely just pure guesses.

I don’t think there will be any changes to the stun mechanics and no new item will be stun related(at least not good). I believe the devs are aware of this type of build and they don’t want to see stun mechanics being abused further.

So my guesses are, this build will not face any big changes in the new patch. It’s likely that a nerf to Slayer will happen(maybe leech will be nerfed but I think we don’t care too much about that), but it’s also likely that we see some different ways to make stunning happen via new items they introduce.

Of course those are pure guesses and hopefully GGG will prove me wrong by introducing an insane stun item.
Is it necessary to link Maim support with totem? Because im using maim linked with HS so im debuffing everything i hit.

I want to free a socket to use lightning golem.
"
HunterMoon escreveu:
Is it necessary to link Maim support with totem? Because im using maim linked with HS so im debuffing everything i hit.

I want to free a socket to use lightning golem.

I want to apologize first for not responding to your private message. I did write a reply but it turns out that it wasn't sent out successfully.

Regarding this question, I think Maim Support is not 100% necessary, but it is in practice very useful, even if you are currently linking Maim Support with Heavy Strike.

Our play-style revolves around using Frenzy several times at the beginning of the fight and meanwhile waiting for Warchief to apply bleed and Maim Support debuff. We want to be able to hit as hard as we can so that our first couple of Heavy Strike hits can stun the boss.

Because there is only 30% chance to inflict this Maim Support debuff, if you don't link Maim to totem only your Heavy Strike can inflict this debuff now, and you will start to inflict this debuff by your maybe 4th or 5th Heavy Strike hit. Because we attack slowly with our Heavy Strike, 4 or 5 hits is a significant period of time in a fight.

This is in general not a huge problem, but in some tough fights, you really need to gain as much damage as possible to guarantee landing the first few stuns.

Overall, losing the Maim Support isn't a big deal, but I feel that it's one of the few gems that offer some damage boost without us needing to pay attention or time to use it. Lightning Golem is not bad, it provides some minor attack speed bonus; if you don't feel too lazy to re-summon it every once in a while it can be used.

Última edição por brightwaha em 9 de fev de 2018 05:18:02
Fair enough, considering doing initial attacks with frenzy, boss will not inflected with debuff. Lightning golem is a small boost to attack speed but it doesn't worth loosing maim debuff. Tnx for info.
I wonder what will be the boosts this time around. And new fated uniques have me hoping for Tidebreaker buff. Also the reworks for ascendancy classes has me hyped. Lets Hope GGG wont kill this build as 90% this will be my league starter
Edit:- Saw the Zerk nerf. RIP Zerk
Última edição por BeoWulf981 em 16 de fev de 2018 05:20:31
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
I wonder what will be the boosts this time around. And new fated uniques have me hoping for Tidebreaker buff. Also the reworks for ascendancy classes has me hyped. Lets Hope GGG wont kill this build as 90% this will be my league starter

Still too early to interpret anything, but certainly some work needs to be done to adapt to the Berserker changes.

The rage mechanics is fine, but there is an obvious downside that’s not able to sustain full life for the Damage on Full Life Support. Currently I think we can either try to utilize the rage mechanics and use Brutality instead of Damage on Full Life; or we can avoid the rage mechanics.

The 40% more damage is still there so I believe Berserker will still be viable.
"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:

Still too early to interpret anything, but certainly some work needs to be done to adapt to the Berserker changes.

The rage mechanics is fine, but there is an obvious downside that’s not able to sustain full life for the Damage on Full Life Support. Currently I think we can either try to utilize the rage mechanics and use Brutality instead of Damage on Full Life; or we can avoid the rage mechanics.

IMO go fortify on melee hit. Gives zerk some survival. Main thing is I still haven't understood if rage's side effect is a degen or a take damage when applied
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:
"
brightwaha escreveu:
"
BeoWulf981 escreveu:

IMO go fortify on melee hit. Gives zerk some survival. Main thing is I still haven't understood if rage's side effect is a degen or a take damage when applied

Fortify Support is a huge damage cut and I wouldn’t do so. And i feel it’s obvious that the rage’s side effect is degen.

Actually, because of our slow attack rate, we won’t gain enough rage stacks during boss fights and we won’t have too much degen - not enough to deactivate Damage on Full Life. So for boss fights it’s just a 20% or so attack speed nerf, and we can live with that.

While clearing, we can choose to not run Damage on Full Life and benefit from full 50 stacks of rage(attack and movement speed, etc). On this side it’s actually a buff.

What worries me the most is actually the to-be-announced Slayer change(pretty sure it’s going to be a nerf). Hopefully Slayer is still functional and hopefully there will be some good uniques.
hey, trying to find some build as league starter on hardcore for next league
bored of default builds
y, i know, no changelogs there are still, but for zerker we atleast know class changes

actually did u notice, that they not only changed the asc. keystone, they actually changed their position, so aspect of carnage (40% more damage) now accessiable without taking crave the slaughter.

so could we just take that asc.?: aspect of carnage, pain reaver, cloaked in savagery, war bringer
and be able to leech, heal for 25% with 1 button, have 40% dmg boost and some cool bonuses vs savage hits (before we stunlock the boss)
so the only thing we lost is 25% attack speed, i dont think it matters much for this build, am i wrong?

also checked ur profile, saw there zerker on ahc with one-hand stun-lock setup, but didn't find anything about that variation in ur guide, so how is it feeling compared to 2 handed, i guess 1-h is better for league start (maybe respec later), but not sure, need ur opinion

thanks
"
volosi_nazad escreveu:
hey, trying to find some build as league starter on hardcore for next league
bored of default builds
y, i know, no changelogs there are still, but for zerker we atleast know class changes

actually did u notice, that they not only changed the asc. keystone, they actually changed their position, so aspect of carnage (40% more damage) now accessiable without taking crave the slaughter.

so could we just take that asc.?: aspect of carnage, pain reaver, cloaked in savagery, war bringer
and be able to leech, heal for 25% with 1 button, have 40% dmg boost and some cool bonuses vs savage hits (before we stunlock the boss)
so the only thing we lost is 25% attack speed, i dont think it matters much for this build, am i wrong?

also checked ur profile, saw there zerker on ahc with one-hand stun-lock setup, but didn't find anything about that variation in ur guide, so how is it feeling compared to 2 handed, i guess 1-h is better for league start (maybe respec later), but not sure, need ur opinion

thanks

I will update this thread when all patchnotes are announced, which is basically a few days later. No changes have been made till now so you're not seeing anything in the changelog in this build thread.

I agree that we can just totally ignore the bonuses from the new rage mechanics, and it's just a loss of 25% attack speed, which isn't huge. We may also pick the rage nodes and enjoy the clear speed boost from the rage stacks(some changes need to be made, including taking out Damage on Full Life Support, etc.). We will see when the patch goes live.

The 1-h Berserker I am playing in Hardcore is working fine, but it's not going to be as powerful as the Tidebreaker version. I am currently playing with a shield because I am lacking currency in Hardcore. If this version turns out to perform well I will add a section talking about this version, but currently I don't see it happening.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional