[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

I saw this build and I am very interested in the CI version. Also I was thinking about changing it to Storm burst/ball lightning. Thoughts?
"
Microdia escreveu:
I saw this build and I am very interested in the CI version. Also I was thinking about changing it to Storm burst/ball lightning. Thoughts?

Not quite sure of how strong and how smooth Storm Burst will be yet, I need to actually play it to give my opinion.
The Ball Lightning part is a good idea. I played with it instead of Arc for a long time and the damage on bosses was stupidly good.

And I can't wait for PoB to be updated so I can go and theorycraft.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Swiks escreveu:
"
Microdia escreveu:

Not quite sure of how strong and how smooth Storm Burst will be yet, I need to actually play it to give my opinion.
The Ball Lightning part is a good idea. I played with it instead of Arc for a long time and the damage on bosses was stupidly good.

And I can't wait for PoB to be updated so I can go and theorycraft.

Thanks for the reply! I think that solidifies it, I'm going try that combo and see what happens. Also would love a CI version of this if it's available?
I played this a few leagues back and skipped the last. Super excited to know that self-cast has been buffed. I'm an arc fan but read that it's been nerfed, so am wondering if it's feasible to switch out arc for spark in the build?
Última edição por squarepancakes em 7 de mar de 2019 20:06:14
I do have a few question, I hope you/someone else is willing to answer.

One question is remaining after reading the shock bit. It implies Arc adds 30% shock-effectiveness, but you also use elemental focus in your set up. I was led to believe Elemental Focus doesn't allow this to happen or does it not apply to Arc here?

Second, I doubt I will get an Impulsa ever (or anywhere near the start of the league) if it will look anything like last league. I'm thinking of running a rare chest or a Cloak of Defiance (because MoM). How will it impact clear speed in comparison? How important is the Inpulsa in terms of QoL? (of course damage, but eh)

Lastly, I was perhaps hoping to open with self casting Lightning Ball. Most of the tree would remain impact. I'm just wondering if I can expect similar shock values with this skill? I was trying it out for Trickster, but I'd basically won't be shocking late game content (for me, that's Guardians)

Your guide is a huge help to me! Understanding certain mechanics a lot better now.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
Última edição por TotemLols em 8 de mar de 2019 06:24:35
crit got changed. what is with controlled destruction now ? still keep it or change it ?
nice build tho.
good luck today
Since you ask so hard here is a tree for a CI version of the build : www.poeurl.com/ciQQ
Wait until PoB is updated for a full version.

"
squarepancakes escreveu:
I played this a few leagues back and skipped the last. Super excited to know that self-cast has been buffed. I'm an arc fan but read that it's been nerfed, so am wondering if it's feasible to switch out arc for spark in the build?

Yes ! Any Lightning skill to be fair, they all got buffed. Shock Nova or ball lightning for heavy single target damage and they scale with AoE like Lightning Tendrils. Spark or Arc for some off-screen potential. You could even use Storm Call for single target, I personally dislike the delay between the cast and the damage but the DPS is massive.

"
TotemLols escreveu:
I do have a few question, I hope you/someone else is willing to answer.

One question is remaining after reading the shock bit. It implies Arc adds 30% shock-effectiveness, but you also use elemental focus in your set up. I was led to believe Elemental Focus doesn't allow this to happen or does it not apply to Arc here?

Second, I doubt I will get an Impulsa ever (or anywhere near the start of the league) if it will look anything like last league. I'm thinking of running a rare chest or a Cloak of Defiance (because MoM). How will it impact clear speed in comparison? How important is the Inpulsa in terms of QoL? (of course damage, but eh)

Lastly, I was perhaps hoping to open with self casting Lightning Ball. Most of the tree would remain impact. I'm just wondering if I can expect similar shock values with this skill? I was trying it out for Trickster, but I'd basically won't be shocking late game content (for me, that's Guardians)

Your guide is a huge help to me! Understanding certain mechanics a lot better now.

You should only use Elemental Focus versus high tier bosses, because it's one of the best multiplier gem, and rely on Orb of Storm + Unbound Ailments to Shock and Chill the boss. While mapping use another gem like Inc Aoe, Inc Crit, Lightning Pen,...

You can play without Inpulsa. Losing the blue explosions hurts a bit because you won't explode the pack as much. But damage wise you won't see a big difference.
One thing you can do is ditching Wrath and use Herald of Ice to get those chain explosions.

Trickster Ball Lightning will be good but don't expect to Shock Guardians with it. Ball Lightning can have a good DPS but since only very fast small hit so even if you reach the SHock threshold, it will be 1-3% Shock maximum.

"
_Neverdeadz_ escreveu:
crit got changed. what is with controlled destruction now ? still keep it or change it ?
nice build tho.
good luck today

Controlled Destruction will only be an issue for non crit-builds because they used the 5% base crit chance to proc Elemental Overload. I can't check damage numbers on PoB until it's updated but Controlled Destruction should stay in the main setup.
Will update the guide if there is a gem modification anyway.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

Last question I have: Is there a reason you choose wand/shield instead of a shaper staff for potentially even more damage? Is it purely survivability?

Thank you for the answers. Going to thinker a bit with your build, but damn this looks solid as league starter for me! Good luck on your own start.

'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
Swiks escreveu:

You can play without Inpulsa. Losing the blue explosions hurts a bit because you won't explode the pack as much. But damage wise you won't see a big difference.
One thing you can do is ditching Wrath and use Herald of Ice to get those chain explosions.

What would be your suggestion as a budget alternative to Inpulsa's because as Totemlols mentioned, Inpulsa's is quite expensive these days? Cloak of Defiance, another unique or even a rare?
"
TotemLols escreveu:
Interesting. I overestimated the ability for Ball Lightning to Shock and underestimated the ability for Orb of Storm to shock.

Last question I have: Is there a reason you choose wand/shield instead of a shaper staff for potentially even more damage? Is it purely survivability?

Thank you for the answers. Going to thinker a bit with your build, but damn this looks solid as league starter for me! Good luck on your own start.

It's more that Elementalist guarantees you a full Shock regardless of the damage dealt if you have enough Shock Effectiveness, Trickster doesn't and the only way to Shock is to hit VERY hard.

The Wand/Shield reason is a bit stupid, I created this in Bestiary (3.2) and Staff were pretty bad. And I preferred Wand + Shield for the Block since I had a low life pool, and Tempest Shield is thematically good :D
But a friend of mine played this build with a Shaper Staff 8L and had great results, if you want to check what he did : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnTKOoR19U8
He replaced a few pieces and used Storm Burst + Ball Lightning instead.

"
srinath007 escreveu:

What would be your suggestion as a budget alternative to Inpulsa's because as Totemlols mentioned, Inpulsa's is quite expensive these days? Cloak of Defiance, another unique or even a rare?

Tabula or Skin of the Loyal for the free 6L, Cloak of Defiance works and save a few points, a Rare chest with life and +% Crit to socketed Spells, Loreweave for the 78% max res, Carcass Jack for more AoE and decent life + all res, you can also try a 1 abyssal socket Shroud of the Lightless. The possibilities are endless :D

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional