[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

Been trying out Storm Burst instead of Lighting Tendrils.
I think LT might be more damage but its dependent on a little face tanking where SB does very good damage (while leveling) and has a mid range so its arguably a little safer.

Might try Spark instead of Arc but Arc will probably work out better especially on bosses.

Any thoughts?
"
Bizmarc escreveu:
Been trying out Storm Burst instead of Lighting Tendrils.
I think LT might be more damage but its dependent on a little face tanking where SB does very good damage (while leveling) and has a mid range so its arguably a little safer.

Might try Spark instead of Arc but Arc will probably work out better especially on bosses.

Any thoughts?

I tried Storm Burst too but I'm not convinced, the damage is definitely lower and won't scale as much (we lose the efficiency of Lightning Penetration because half of Storm Burst is Physical, or lose a gem slot to convert it to a full Lightning). The range on it is great though.

Any Lightning skill will work in the CwC, they all got buffed. Shock Nova or Ball Lightning for heavy single target damage and they scale with AoE like Lightning Tendrils. Spark or Arc for some off-screen potential. You could even use Storm Call for single target, I personally dislike the delay between the cast and the damage but the DPS is massive.
You can also try Wave of Conviction for the penetration debuff on single target.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
I tried Storm Burst too but I'm not convinced, the damage is definitely lower and won't scale as much (we lose the efficiency of Lightning Penetration because half of Storm Burst is Physical, or lose a gem slot to convert it to a full Lightning).

I thought about that, there is some conversion crafting on gloves that would work, will have to see how much but it isn't 50% iirc thought.

Don't like using ball lighting with slower projectiles so probably not that.
WoC is nice on the CWDT thought.

As for area i might be missing something but you don't scale area on the tree or with gear?

Edit: 25% max craft from gloves and you can get 25% from the tree, It means loosing a little bit of crit chance and a couple life nodes. The channel does less damage but the burst does more so i think they both might average out once fully converted.
Última edição por Bizmarc em 9 de mar de 2019 11:08:57
Im trying divine ire instead of lightning tendrils. Is this good? any tips here?
One question. How do you shock bosses if you use Elemental Focus?
With Oos ?...
"
Neofreeze escreveu:
Im trying divine ire instead of lightning tendrils. Is this good? any tips here?

Any Channelling Lightning Spell will work here, you can try with Storm Burst too if you want.

"
Artist8 escreveu:
One question. How do you shock bosses if you use Elemental Focus?
With Oos ?...

Yes OoS with Unbound Ailments can and will Shock any monster in the game.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Why hypothermia?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Ema_rose escreveu:
Could you please upload an updated skill tree please? I really like the build, thanks :D

Oops small mistake in the URL, should be good now !

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
Why hypothermia?

Hypothermia because any cold hit of any value will Chill even bosses thanks to the Elementalist Beacon of Ruin. Look at the Gem section, that's why I recommend taking a Abyssal Jewel with some flat Cold damage to Spells.

Just added a short FAQ too, I will complete it when new questions come :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional