[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

"
Clayne escreveu:
How much critical strike chance (from tree & items) do we need to make Controlled Destruction Support worth?

I checked some numbers on Path of Building, it is worth as soon as you have one crit cluster on the tree, even with 0 crit from your gear. So pretty much always worth :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Swiks escreveu:
"
Clayne escreveu:
How much critical strike chance (from tree & items) do we need to make Controlled Destruction Support worth?

I checked some numbers on Path of Building, it is worth as soon as you have one crit cluster on the tree, even with 0 crit from your gear. So pretty much always worth :)

Alright thanks, wasn't sure if I should use that gem yet, level 26.

Edit: scratched that last part, I'll probably be around ~40 when u read this so I'll be starting to run CWC LT/Arc anyways and have less problems with facetanking the entire map :)
Última edição por Clayne em 31 de mar de 2018 17:53:23
"
Swiks escreveu:

Thanks for trying out this build :)

Is it at least 30% of your hp pool ? 1000 unreserved mana in your case. If it's lower, try to fix it ASAP, Mind Over Matter is your biggest defense mechanic and having a lower unreserved mana pool than that will decrease your capacity to survive by a lot.

If you estimate that your damage is enough to map comfortably, maybe drop Essence Worm and Wrath for a more defensive ring with life and mana, you will also reserve less mana with Herald of Thunder this way. And don't hesitate to change/modify gem setup, movement skill, items or tree pathing if you feel like it will fit your playstyle better :)

... I have to the point 1250 unreserved mana and after adjusting some skillpoints i have ~ 3650 hp, my gear is ok for the time invested, i like the playstyle etc, all fine but my issue is that i have Elder sitting in a T9 map and i can barely scratch him below 90% using all 6 portals ... ofc i have to get used to the fight but it seems a bit too much way off imo. And moreso if i cannot harm an elder in a t9 map, hard to continue.

edit: well Im a bit too whiny, sorry, i just 6L'd my Inpulsa 5blue1green and try blind support gem.
Última edição por Khayah em 31 de mar de 2018 18:29:50
"
Khayah escreveu:

... I have to the point 1250 unreserved mana and after adjusting some skillpoints i have ~ 3650 hp, my gear is ok for the time invested, i like the playstyle etc, all fine but my issue is that i have Elder sitting in a T9 map and i can barely scratch him below 90% using all 6 portals ... ofc i have to get used to the fight but it seems a bit too much way off imo. And moreso if i cannot harm an elder in a t9 map, hard to continue.

edit: well Im a bit too whiny, sorry, i just 6L'd my Inpulsa 5blue1green and try blind support gem.

3k6 hp sounds more reasonable, that's what I had when I killed Shaper for the first time on this character. For the Elder fight I don't really know what to say :/ It's true that the encounter can be messy, but if you run in circles and dodge the Slam and his tentacle attack, you can't really get one shot. The second phase is a joke and the third is easy if you know how to dodge the big circles.
Maybe you lack damage ? I would be surprised but I can't verify, your characters are set on private.
Blind won't do much for the Elder fight because his most dangerous attacks are spells :(
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

PS great build - a bit glass cannon but after i got 5L Inpulsa its a blast to watch how everything explodes ;)

PS2 sometimes on this forum i can see sockets without hovering on items - is there a way to make this default option (like in game to always display sockets)?
Última edição por r4plez em 2 de abr de 2018 12:26:33
"
r4plez escreveu:
hey Swiks can you update leveling tree past 90 points? I just check your char Imamiya to get missing dex points - its better to have everything in one place

PS great build - a bit glass cannon but after i got 5L Inpulsa its a blast to watch how everything explodes ;)

PS2 sometimes on this forum i can see sockets without hovering on items - is there a way to make this default option (like in game to always display sockets)?

I'm actually trying another pathing on my main character and I may update the guide if it turns out good. You can check the updated leveling section, I added a tree :)

The build really start to shine when you equip Inpulsa ! And for the sockets, press Alt ;)

Also is there a reason why you only have CwC at level 11?

Loving the build btw! Getting used to being squishy after playing a Jug
Última edição por lkon em 3 de abr de 2018 11:26:13
"
lkon escreveu:
So are we going with Shock Nova > Arc? The price of Lvl 21 Arc is out of control

Also is there a reason why you only have CwC at level 11?

Loving the build btw! Getting used to being squishy after playing a Jug

Wow, just saw the price of 21 Arc... I bought mine for 2c two weeks ago... I guess use a level 20 for now :(
Shock Nova for Bosses feels the best. Arc is way better for mapping.

Don't pay attention to my gem levels, they just reached level 20 so I 20qualityed them.

Thanks for trying this build :)
https://youtu.be/7z8F_MJcHgc

I used a different setup with Hypothermia and Elemental Focus in the 6L. And I'm using Orb of Storm with Unbound Ailments to apply Shock and Chill. It's a boss killer setup, you don't want to run elemental focus when clearing maps.
With that setup and when my gem will reach level 20, I will have around 1M8 DPS on Shaper, which is pretty insane.

I'm using this cool jewel to get some cold damage on my spells so I can apply chill even when the chill conflux is down.

I wouldn't recommend this setup unless you already have really good gear and search an upgrade for bosses. The setup in the build guide is better for general mapping.
Última edição por Swiks em 4 de abr de 2018 06:51:37
What about the passive tree? I've been following the changes youre making on your character. What are your thoghts?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional