[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

So, delving below 700 has felt pretty sketchy at 9000 ES. Lots of RIPs today heading down to 800 in sections with bad mods and in some 750 abyssal cities.

SO... I am testing a pretty major re-work of the build that is designed to help for deep delving.

Basically, I noticed a couple things around delve 750+:
- ES is too low at 9k. Presence of Chayula seems mandatory.
- If running Chayula, Vile Vile Bastion isn't a great node
- Damage is high BUT relying on CWDT for curses in Delve is bad because if you're getting hit you're probably already half-dead

Solutions being tested:
- Pick up all mana reservation nodes in north half of tree
- Put Projectile Weakness on Blasphemy instead of CWDT
- Run Chayula instead of Pandemonius
- Drop Frigid Wake and Vile Bastion, Run Malediction

Check my profile for current setup and tree if you're interested. I'm testing so I don't know if I'll wind up sticking with this or not. And I'm not sure if these changes are good outside of Delve 700+

I was hoping that this build would be able to comfortably farm below delve 900 and delve 1k but it's possible I was wrong and 700-800 is the max comfortable depth.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Última edição por tackle70 em 22 de jul de 2019 22:41:21
DELVE BUILD UPDATE (currently @ depth 900)

I think I've settled on the best setup for deep delves. Learned a lot delving closer to 1000:

Changes for deep delving
  • Significant passive tree changes to get more reduced mana reservation
  • Significant gem setup re-work. Now run 4 auras + 2 blasphemy curses
  • Blasphemy + projectile weakness + enfeeble feels really nice below depth 800
  • Presence of Chayula feels much better than Panedmonius below depth 700

Overall, I think running dual curse on Blasphemy is bad and too specific for Delve. Once I find the build floor in Delve (likely 1000-1200), I will drop that setup. However, Blasphemy+Projectile Weakness feels *really* good. I will eventually update the build to include it.

PATH OF BUILDING FOR CURRENT DELVE MIN-MAX: https://pastebin.com/h4a7QQC7
Última edição por tackle70 em 25 de jul de 2019 00:09:30
This new setup is also better for mapping?
"
strong_as_hell escreveu:
This new setup is also better for mapping?

I do *not* think my current setup (2 curses on Blasphemy + 4 auras) is also better for mapping. The passive tree gets WAY too strained to fit in everything without losing tons of DPS. When Intuitive Leap becomes a mandatory Jewel just to save passive points, you know you're stretching the limits.

1) I don't have the spare points to pick up Arcane Vision, so I have *zero* light radius. You can play that way but I don't think it's very fun in maps (it doesn't matter in Delve because player light radius is meaningless).

2) I have no spare points to pick up any STR or DEX on the passive tree. I'm completely reliant on getting all of it from gear - particularly the +16 all attributes from Presence of Chayula. This means it's not realistic to equip a bunch of magic find gear for mapping, which is a big no-no for me. I want my Bisco's Collar and Wondertrap.

3) I think The Pandemonius is strictly better than Presence of Chayula for mapping (boss killing, like Uber Elder) once you have good gear.

4) I don't see a need for a defensive curse in maps. At least with GG gear, all content and all bosses in maps - including Uber Elder - are trivially easy to kill. Nothing is dangerous enough to make me want more defense.

I *think* this is what the new path of building is going to look like once I'm done with my deep delving project, but I'm not yet 100% sure. It feels kinda bad to take Malediction but only run 1 curse... might play with the CWDT setup or the Ascendancy a bit once I get to mapping again

https://pastebin.com/iBZGQM0T

And of course remember that path of building can't include the Timeless jewel - which is why it's at 119/121 - the remaining two points would be for the Timeless Jewel and the Inner Conviction keystone.

NOTE CORRECTION ON PREVIOUS DELVE POB LINK: It should have Vile Bastion instead of Void Beacon on the Ascendancy Tree. Curses should be Proj Weakness + Enfeeble

And as always you can always check my profile to see what I'm doing at the moment with my setup.
Última edição por tackle70 em 25 de jul de 2019 15:04:40
Thank you so much for this build!

I love freezing pulse, one of the most fun build!

however, I am having some mana issues, am I doing anything wrong?

https://pastebin.com/p4rNCq8U

I know my gear is not up to par! I am working on it :P
"
ripslyme00 escreveu:
Thank you so much for this build!

I love freezing pulse, one of the most fun build!

however, I am having some mana issues, am I doing anything wrong?

https://pastebin.com/p4rNCq8U

I know my gear is not up to par! I am working on it :P

You need the "% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently" enchant on boots. Otherwise mana is just a big problem.

I have found a well rolled Eternal Mana flask better than Lavianga's Spirit for sustaining mana in boss fights without adds.
DELVE 1000 REACHED

I think I am going to stop pushing down for a bit. I'm bleeding money fast buying Gilded Sulphite Scarabs at 100c/each. Depth 1000 is nowhere close to profitable at 100c per ~8k sulphite.

I think that with my gear I can push a bit further, since I was still able to push through increadibly rippy zones at ~1000 with a couple tries. Probably 1200-ish is where I will eventually reach. But I just wasted like 30 exalts buying scarabs to delve straight down from 600 to 1000 and I'm kinda done with buying scarabs.

Also, Delve from 800-1000 just stopped being fun. It becomes extremely unforgiving. One small mistake in positioning, movement, or flare usage in a zone with difficult mods, and you're dead. It requires very good play. And I'm ready for a break.

I do think that my dual curse (proj weakness/enfeeble) + Chayula setup is optimal for Delve. I tried a few other setups and they all felt worse. I'll eventually make a guide update that includes this as a delve-focused option. The original build is definitely too top-heavy on DPS for Delve.

Going to get back to mapping and I'll see what my new setup winds up being. I expect to keep one curse, but not two.
Congrats on reaching delve 1000! You've made a fantastic build for freezing pulse. I have a lot of fun with this build. Thank you for keeping us updated.

I am saving my exalts for +3 shavronne's or +1 precursor's right now. It's gonna take forever :D
"
strong_as_hell escreveu:
Congrats on reaching delve 1000! You've made a fantastic build for freezing pulse. I have a lot of fun with this build. Thank you for keeping us updated.

I am saving my exalts for +3 shavronne's or +1 precursor's right now. It's gonna take forever :D

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm pretty confident that this is the best possible self-cast Freezing Pulse build that can be made in PoE right now, one of the best self-cast spell builds, and one of the best jack-of-all-trades builds in the game - assuming unlimited budget.

Someday I'm going to get around to re-working the build guide to include advice for gearing on a budget and then explaining my tweaking decisions for Delve vs mapping.

There's a few things I'm still not 100% happy with, but haven't decided if I'm going to try to fix them or not. I'm currently spending 7 regrets to respec between my mapping setup (this tree - supports single blasphemy curse + has enough str/dex that i can run magic find) and my Delve setup (this tree - enables dual curse on blasphemy). I also swap a few gems around between the two, but no color changes are needed so the gear/link colors all remain the same. I am getting used to having zero light radius in maps but not sure if I'm going to keep that long-term or not.

I think my next gearing decision is rather or not I want to try to make a serious upgrade to my boots and (maybe?) drop wondertrap...

edit... Gonna try these for a while and see if I like the speed better than the 100% IIR in maps.

Última edição por tackle70 em 27 de jul de 2019 20:06:05
Found argus for the first time in Delve... scared the crap outta me. Video up. He killed me 1st try because he surprised me and I didn't know he would be there. Easier 2nd time when I knew to just stay away and kite.

https://youtu.be/Y_dxY4lVgzw
Última edição por tackle70 em 27 de jul de 2019 22:43:21

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional