MORE BLOOD

+1 for more visualisation of the dark athmosphere!

From the latest changes around Brutus, I think this is the right way to go, and looking foreward to what it will look like in final!

The inside rooms could be "furnished" with signs and traces of previous fights and victims, caves could be dressed with (more) broken weapons, bones... and on the open areas the corpses also could be look less "clean" and not so much like sleeping.
Maybe some of the treasure traps could "explode" in a blood fountain instead of an explosion?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
this is actualy one of few thing I liked on PoE over other game of the same genre. I'd love to see more gruesome and dark atmosphere.
Since Russell has (awesomly) explained about the blood particles effect, I'd like to suggest a little tweak to go with the Pierce gem.
Yes, gentlemen and gentlewomen, ladies and laders:
I propose that if an arrow or spell pierces a victim, the "Blood shoots out in one direction" gets mirrored in the back of the model (with a smaller degree of spread), thus creating.... *rummages in his net pocket*
this effect. Only not with the insides of an apple, but wif ze blooooood.
huh. Perhaps they should have done that pic with a tomato.
But then the lacking cohesion would have had the 'mato exploding.

Which, by the way, would also be very awesome, as demonstrated by the new and improved Brutus ("Now Made From 100% Explodium!").

edit. if, for some reason, you can't view the image, google for "apple+bullet" :-).
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Última edição por Avireyn em 27 de mar de 2012 11:01:14
I think that the current environments in PoE are pretty good, but I really agree with the overall direction of this thread in that a lot more creativity could go into the dark, grotesque atmosphere of the entire game in general.

Here are my examples of what I think PoE has done good so far:

The area with the hideous abomination, there are torture devices and tables and just overall really creepy stuff in there. Good!

The prison area, this really blew my mind the first time I played through it. It is done quite well. Rusted drains and gates, blood, broken stuff everywhere. Good!

What about the outdoor areas? Pretty tame from Wraeclast. Seems like with all the crazy outdoor monsters that we would see:

-More Impaled/hung bodies
-Trails of blood leading up to the "camps" of multiple tents that guys spawn out of
-skeletons of bodies (environment art only, not monsters)
-various body "parts" vs whole bodies (as was mentioned earlier)

And the forest areas? What about:

-More tribal gore, necklaces and armor on NPCs made from human bones
-evidence of "already sprung" jungle traps, with the remains of unfortunate victims still inside
- "pits" --> new terrain unit that spawns in jungle maps that you can "see" down into, and see remains of victims that fell in and were trapped and died, but it is an impassable unit similar to a cliff or giant rock or tree such that the player cannot fall in himself, it would just be for artwork/mood.

Last note:

I like how the spiders crawl up from the depths in the dungeons-- why not have skeletons "rise up" from a river of blood somewhere? that would be awesome lol

"
visibiliti escreveu:

I like how the spiders crawl up from the depths in the dungeons-- why not have skeletons "rise up" from a river of blood somewhere? that would be awesome lol

Just a quick pick-up on that idea: We already have water elementals "rising up" from pools of water. Doing this "rising from blood" thing, we could have blood elementals who use ripped off extremities to hurt you. So basically you'd get a massive, gory pile of congealing/congealed or even flaky blood that tries to murder you by whacking you with the leg of its last victim.

12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
An interesting effect could be the watery pools in the caves taking colour after dead creatures in them through a slow change of colour or even better: a diffusion pattern. That would be a very interesting addition.

If diffusion patterns of sorts are added, the same could be used in the beach-levels. That would be extremely effective at enhancing the dark atmosphere.

A slaghter rack with blood in bandit areas is a possibility. You can get inspired by Skyrim here. I know you like it and I know you want to! :P

The slaughtered beasts seems a little underwhelming. A wound or more could make it seem a lot more of an achievement you have made.

Also. Snakes seem a little too squared yet. If it is possible a smoothing of edges on them and some damage to the skin could be very nice.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
There is no shame in borrowing some ideas from popular media. Here are some monster types I think would fit very well in PoE which would also add a lot to the gore:

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
+1 for everything in this thread (except for the awful dev pic) ;)
I have money. I want gore, gibs, limbs, blood and more gore. DO YOU WANT MY MONEY?! *throws money at screen*
Última edição por MythzFreeze em 27 de mar de 2012 20:15:22
hell yea more blood!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional