Cyclone

I'm kinda confused on the entire damage effectiveness and hits with the listed damage. Currently with my Cyclone, my listed damage is is 3879 with a 1.57aps. Hard to tell when hitting mobs but it sounds like it's hitting 4-6 times per push of the skill. For simplicity purposes lets just say I was doing 4k damage, with 1.6aps and it hit 6 times per push of the skill on a mob. Does that mean that it hits 6 times at 4k damage per hit (24k damage total), or 4k damage in total from the 6 hits (4000/6= 666 damage per hit). Any added help would be highly appreciated.
I don't know what it is but as a claw user only I must not be spoiled by cleave I am sawing through everything and not taking damage because of so much life returned. Hell I sync this up with my blind totem and just go to town. I'm going to go buy one of those concentrated effect things now sine that sounds awesome 50% at level 1 o_O
"
exorzist escreveu:
"
Kalsifer escreveu:
Fun doesn't mean it's good, I did a docks run in about 4-6 minutes with Cleave, and did another run with near max Cyclone and it took about 14 minutes.

yeah right, you almost max leveld cyclone within a few hours.

gtfo

It's an attack. It doesn't need to be leveled to tell if it's good or not, unlike spells. Most people using Cleave use the lvl 5 cleave to not have the mana penalty, unless you do a heavy physical build and even then the difference is fairly small.

It does seem to be a bit different than Cleave in what it requires so it could be optimized though.

My main issue so far is the forced movement. When I heard about the skill I assumed it wouldn't be a toggle/channel type of thing because there's no tech for these skills so I assumed it'd be like existing movement skills, only slower, and I was right. However I dislike that like WB, you can't use it while standing still. For WB it's fine since it's mostly a mobility skill but for this I feel it should be usable on the spot without movement and take the duration of the current minimum distance to calculate how long you spin.

Also it's going to be inferior to cleave in all cases when dual wielding due to cleave taking huge advantage of DW mechanics while this is the standard weapon alternating so it tends to be even worse than 1H unless you have 2 very similar weapons, which is sad. I guess the attack speed and the fact this skill is heavily reliant on that might prove decent but it won't be cleave(especially ele cleave).
"
It's an attack. It doesn't need to be leveled to tell if it's good or not, unlike spells. Most people using Cleave use the lvl 5 cleave to not have the mana penalty, unless you do a heavy physical build and even then the difference is fairly small.

It does seem to be a bit different than Cleave in what it requires so it could be optimized though.

My main issue so far is the forced movement. When I heard about the skill I assumed it wouldn't be a toggle/channel type of thing because there's no tech for these skills so I assumed it'd be like existing movement skills, only slower, and I was right. However I dislike that like WB, you can't use it while standing still. For WB it's fine since it's mostly a mobility skill but for this I feel it should be usable on the spot without movement and take the duration of the current minimum distance to calculate how long you spin.

Also it's going to be inferior to cleave in all cases when dual wielding due to cleave taking huge advantage of DW mechanics while this is the standard weapon alternating so it tends to be even worse than 1H unless you have 2 very similar weapons, which is sad. I guess the attack speed and the fact this skill is heavily reliant on that might prove decent but it won't be cleave(especially ele cleave).

Like I was telling people in chat, it seems to be made for slow heavy hitting 2h weapons, weapon alternating is silly imo.
Última edição por Kalsifer em 12 de mar de 2013 22:14:59
"
PyrosEien escreveu:
"
exorzist escreveu:
"
Kalsifer escreveu:
Fun doesn't mean it's good, I did a docks run in about 4-6 minutes with Cleave, and did another run with near max Cyclone and it took about 14 minutes.

yeah right, you almost max leveld cyclone within a few hours.

gtfo

It's an attack. It doesn't need to be leveled to tell if it's good or not

pretty much stopped reading there
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
Kalsifer escreveu:

Like I was telling people in chat, it seems to be made for slow heavy hitting 2h weapons, weapon alternating is silly imo.

hardly, I have marohi erqi and it does crap damage. It is not good for a slow heavy hitting 2h weapon at all.
"
artemis42 escreveu:
This skill is a death trap and I can't see anyone ever using it; too much risk for such little reward. To improve it, I'd add the following:

Raises a dust cloud which reduces the chance to be hit by n%.

Still wouldn't be worth it. But would be fun to try with blind + evasion + acrobatics & enfeeble.

Probably still better than the terrible whirling blades for AoE dmg, but still utterly inferior to elemental cleave.
"

It's an attack. It doesn't need to be leveled to tell if it's good or not

"

pretty much stopped reading there

He's right though, yeah you gain % damage, but comparing 600 Cyclone to 4200 Cleave, a few levels of Cyclone isn't going to add crap.
There is something seriously wrong with this skill. I am repeatedly getting 2 shot as a lvl 73 Marauder against easy mobs. I just went to Cyclone into 2 Magic lvl 62 mobs and they killed me in 2 hits. I came back and just to test I stood there while one ran over to me and started attacking. It barely scratched me as my regeneration is 200 health per second. I can solo maps no problem I cannot even imagine how I can die in Battlefield to 2 magic mobs...

Using it in this weapon with 1455 dps. My HP is 3200 and it doesn't seem to matter if I have Molten Shell on or not for 5k armor or 10k armor.

W.T.F. goodbye to seeing 74 tonight.
IGN: WC_Talisman
i think it is similar to incinerate. very high attack speed.
maybe you need take shock node. and do anything with hit effect.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional